It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Good thread. Should have gotten more attention. S&F and Subscribed, so I can go through it later. Here's the link to my old thread, though my perspective has changed a bit in the past few years.

edit on 1/31/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Great analogy and very succinct.

I raise my glass in a hearty toast towards your general direction.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: windword

Where are atheist places?

A most pertinent quetion indeed.
I to can't help but wonder.
Where in the hell do atheists belong?
Windword if you don't start a thread on that one?
i will.

It's all yours Baby!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yeah I know that one. It was one of the first ones I read before even signing up. That was part of what got me to sign up.

I S&F now because I could never find the threads I was reading after joining.lol

Since then I have learned the ropes.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: MKMoniker
The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

If it's "thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity", it's not really "stealthy" is it? What is a "stealth atheist"? One who pretends to be religious? I mean, if you know they're atheist, I don't get the stealth part. Sounds cool, but I don't know what you mean.

I went to a couple of the links you posted and they are clearly atheists. That God Murders sidebar also has an entry titled "ATHEISM". Not very stealthy. Seems like regular old atheist websites to me.

I agree. I don't get the stealthy part. I've never met an atheist who infiltrated a Christian church and pretended to be a Christian. By the way, your Germie is looking cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: deadeyedick

If you can show me one evil thing Satan did in the Bible I would be impressed.

I already did right in the post you responded to. You have to be willing to look for such to see it.

Science and false knowledge is the fuel for all forms of violence we see today and much of our past.

Adam and Eve were young in the mind when they left the path. They were never givin the chance to expierence the totality of what had been created and neither have we. Science is satans attempt to replicate parts of the true reality that is hidden from us. Every single aspect of inventions is just a poor model of abilities we possess as humans. Satans goal was to create a system that he had power over but the only thing he has power over is confusion.

Adam and Eve and Frodo and Pippin.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Having or making money is not a sin. How you spend that money, DOES reflect your Soul's Goals.

When Jesus started preaching, the poor and destitute were his first faithful audience. Even tho' he eventually had wealthy followers, he stuck with his humility of walking dusty roads with his (mostly poor) followers.

If he had reached out to his wealthy followers for help and protection when Rome was on his case, could he have survived and not been crucified? Or would he have lost his poorest followers as a "sell out"? Or would the emotional power of "martyrdom" been lost to the ages, and the Bible would never have been written?

See, I have questions-with-no-answers too, even as a raised-Christian Theist who is profoundly respectful of ALL Prophets.

When Jesus started preaching? There's no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that he ever even lived.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Because at first glance, the NAME of those sites appears to be religious: Bible Hub or Rare Bible. These names were obviously chosen to lure in Christians - then smack them with Atheistic interpretations.

I've seen the same thing happen in this forum, with a headline that sounds religious. But when you start reading, it's the same old ranting Atheists.

I just wanted to warn people, that's all.

So you're warning people against going to religious-sounding websites. Good idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Have a look at David Limbaugh's other work:
www.amazon.com...=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1410124552&sr=1-2-ent

Even Wikipedia wouldn't take this guy as a source.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband will go willingly into atheist places and engage with them in conversation.

Where are atheist places? Serious question.

Yeah, I want to know,too.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

Can you explain to me who, exactly, Stephen Fry's marriage is harming? You seem quite bothered by it so I would guess that it sets you life back in some manner. can you explain this, please? Thank you in advance

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Meh... the best argument against common religion is the fruit it bears in society... what if everyone kept their relationship with the creator on a personal level and didn't judge based on outward affiliation?

What sort of world would we have then, do you think?

But most folks just rail against ideas that threaten their own belief constructs... biz as usual (i.e. if atheists' ideas were so bad, why care what they say?)
edit on 1/31/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: boymonkey74

Because the preacher and bible say so! Why would God interact with us directly when he can do it through a middle-man and a book that can be interpreted in so many thousands of different ways? The catch is though, you're supposed to believe the interpretation YOUR preacher preaches, not the one across the street, he's possessed by the devil.

Duality small mindedness

From my point of view faith in certain religions is making the cup dirty so the water filled in it will not be clean. And you have to clean the cup for it to be filled. Other religions are easier. You follow their teachings and a change occurs naturally after a while. The log disappear a bit from the third eye and clarity improves.

Where I live the protestant church is more open to spirituality and has started teaching Zazen meditation where I live. A way from my point of view to stay current in a age where people want result in their spiritual practices and not just preaching.
edit on 31-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Thanks brother/sister.

I just read your signature for the first time, it's lovely.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Because at first glance, the NAME of those sites appears to be religious: Bible Hub or Rare Bible. These names were obviously chosen to lure in Christians - then smack them with Atheistic interpretations.

I've seen the same thing happen in this forum, with a headline that sounds religious. But when you start reading, it's the same old ranting Atheists.

I just wanted to warn people, that's all.

Oh, I see. You want to limit participation in certain threads to Christians only. You know, I'd be all for that if the Christians stayed out of the other threads. Would you be agreeable to arrangement like that? Maybe ATS could arrange it.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09
Atheist spokesman Stephen Fry, who is 56 married to a 27 year old man

Just keep blaming everything on G-d Stephen it's all his fault peoples actions and ways have nothing to do with any of it

What does his marriage have to do with it? Were you hoping he'd marry you? Were you hoping his husband would marry you? I don't understand any other reason why you'd care. Could you explain, please?

But thank you for posting the video of Stephen Fry responding to the question about God. He gives a great answer. I hope everyone participating in this thread watches it.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker I think Atheist who are attacking the Christian religion are Satanists, Atheist don't believe in anything so why attack the Christian religion? If you take God out of government and schools, it will destroy this country. Once you lose Liberty, you will never get it back. Atheist is the perfect disguise for Satanists.

edit on 31-1-2015 by maxzen2004 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: MKMoniker I think Atheist who are attacking Christian religion are Satanists, Atheist don't believe in anything so why attack the Christian religion? If you take God out of government and schools, it will destroy this country. On you lose Liberty, you will never get it back. Atheist is the perfect disguise for Satanists.

First, the plural form is atheists. Your claim that atheists don't believe in anything is absurd. I hate to shock you, but in the U.S. God has been out of the government and schools for some time and was supposed to be out from the minute the country was formed. I refer you to the Constitution. You seem to know a lot about Satanists. Do you know many? Perhaps you could invite them to come here and speak for themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: MKMoniker I think Atheist who are attacking the Christian religion are Satanists, Atheist don't believe in anything so why attack the Christian religion? If you take God out of government and schools, it will destroy this country. Once you lose Liberty, you will never get it back. Atheist is the perfect disguise for Satanists.

Have you noticed that even the pope say atheists go to heaven without having faith. A sheep is a sheep and Yeshua and the other blessed ones know better than to judge by viewpoint. Atheist are just people who have not gotten a spiritual connection yet. If they are meant to know spiritual things while being alive then it will be revealed to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine Satanists are the opposite of good, their goal to desecrate Jesus and spread hate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join