It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Because the preacher and bible say so! Why would God interact with us directly when he can do it through a middle-man and a book that can be interpreted in so many thousands of different ways? The catch is though, you're supposed to believe the interpretation YOUR preacher preaches, not the one across the street, he's possessed by the devil.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

What?

Where is your back yard?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And they fall for it lol.
They even accept that they are sheep lol.
The Bible is a business even God wants you to give money to his priests.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
Thanks for your post. And I know powerful people for thousands of years (especially Kings and Queens) have claimed to be God's Chosen or God's Annointed, and carried out despicable horrors because they'd convinced others they were "above God's Law." Whenever mankind's arrogance and greed get going, everyone loses - and God is NOT amused.

Thanks for reading it.

I was not referring to people claiming to be God's chosen or anointed and committing atrocious acts.. well I am. But I'm calling out people like Moses.. I'm calling out God himself. The guy who said it's ok to beat your slaves within an inch of their lives as long as they don't die and can get back to work the next day. I'm talking about the stuff that's in the Bible, the Old Testament especially. (See my morality thread for more details).

And I say again, the Bible is a truthful, historical chronicle of the people who started and built Christianity. It was written by many flawed mortal men - Not God, Not Jesus - over decades of time after the murder of Jesus. One chronicler envisioned an angry and punishing God, another chronicler a merciful and loving God, and yet another chronicler saw God as stoicially just and unemotional. God has all those faces, just as we all do with the God Spark within us.

So is your position that God did command some horrible things? Or that fallible men just gave him those characteristics? I'm a little unsure of your position there, and your personal view of who God is supposed to be exactly.

And if the Bible was 99.5% accurate and truthful there would be proofs of global flood, the exodus from Egypt. Moses existing. Definitive proof Jesus Christ existed. The age of the Earth would be young. And plenty of other things.

Although I might suggest you dig deep into your Soul - especially thru your dreams - to figure out why you hate God and religion so. Did you die during the Inquisition? Savagely beaten to "confess" a lie about being a witch? Killed because you wouldn't "convert" to the New Ruler's religion? All terrible things done to your journeying-soul by evil men and women.

You believe in reincarnation? Not sure where I stand on that personally. I don't hate God and I wouldn't go so far as to say my disdain for religion is hatred either. Organized religion, probably. But I don't deny that faith in Jesus whether he be real or not can be a good thing for some people. It was for me, in the past. You see, I wasn't always an atheist..

Maybe you can arrive at a middle point of being a "doubting" Agnostic, that will at least be of great comfort to your spouse and children. And you won't have crying children convinced by meddling others that "you're gonna burn in hell!"

I am an agnostic atheist. I don't deny the possibility that there may be something more out there. However I do not believe any specific God is out there as described by various religions.

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.." Romans 11;29

"And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel." Ezekiel 14:9

On a more serious note I appreciate that you're just trying to share what you believe to be the truth. I am an ex Christian so I'm familiar with what it entails.
edit on 1-31-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It is amazing how the majority of the left cling to science and tout that God is not real.

It is a fact that the bible predicted this type of mind set would be of satan and his false knowledge.

Even though they do not want to admit it the religion of science is responsible for the majority of death in our history.

When they die even though they have never believed they will still be with their master satan and will serve him in far worse ways than God would ever ask of them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

If you can show me one evil thing Satan did in the Bible I would be impressed.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Yup, I agree with you too, Mr. Dumb-ass - or is it Mr. Dum-bass? You talking fish are everywhere today ...

We live in a much manipulated world and country today. Obama is one of the least talented Presidents we've had in a long time. And his death-grip on the lamestream media both spreads his inarticulate message - and can punish his legions of enemies if he follows your idea of lumping people into This or That Group.

It's always easier to look bigger or taller if you are standing on the shoulders of folks you consider "lessor". It's also easier to be manipulated by the elitists, if you vocalize your hatred for This or That Group. When Hitler was running for President, he stroked each crowd differently. For the blue-collar workers, it was the Jews who were to blame for everything. For the white-collar professionals, they needed to voter for him because only he could bring Germany back to the Greatness it had before WWI. All lies; it was really the Nazis' power and money lust.

Be careful who you follow or listen to. The elitists have taught millions how to "lead with lies."

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance. And perseverance, character. And character, hope." Romans 5:3 & 4

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Come on, give God a little slack, just because he's all-powerful doesn't mean he has money or doesn't need it. How's he gonna keep his religion going? Even God needs financial stability.

edit on 1/31/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Well ...throughout history religious nuts have killed people specifically for not following their religion. Not saying that is you or anyone here on ats but I don't know of any atheists that have killed religious people for their religion. Religion as a whole just gives me a bad taste in my mouth...no matter which one it is. Some seem cooler than others but I also find it arrogant that anyone things their religion is the only right one.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your post, very succinct and well articulated.

And if you've read my other posts, you know I fully acknowledge all the past horrors of all the organized religions done "in the name of God."

God is just Spirit, and can't talk to most of us. But there are some planets inhabited by Advanced Beings who talk directly to God, with no Prophets or hierarchy involved. The path you take doesn't matter, the Path of Enlightenment can go thru Buddha just as well as Christianity.

Just focus on the goal: Genuine Enlightenment and Moral Behavior, where you understand that God's Ultimate Law is the understanding that no one really "advances" unless you can help tug a few others up and along with you.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Look over your fence.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

Their favorite tactics are to take all the contradictions in the Bible (which was written by many authors over many decades), or laboriously point out all the murders, and try to trick you into defending God, Jesus, and the Bible.

Well I am an atheist...but when I see someone who claims to be from one group(in this case a Christian) who then inserts a hidden stab at the group they supposedly are a part of...my eyebrows raise.

If you take part in one of these stealth-atheist discussions, they will try and string you along with increasingly non-sensical responses tied to your "hot button issues" you've mentioned previously. Then your argument could end up as fodder for these stealth-atheist websites on the Internet

rarebible.wordpress.com...
RARE BIBLE: GOD ORDERS SAUL TO KILL BABIES

www.thegodmurders.com...
THE GOD MURDERS - INDEX
Check the left sidebar: "How Christianity Operates," "FASCISM," "Genes, God, Ego".

biblehub.com...
RANT OVER 1 SAMUEL 15:3
"Now go ... put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

www.gotquestions.org...
DOES GOD KILLING PEOPLE MAKE HIM A MURDERER?

skepticsannotatedbible.com...
THE SKEPTICS ANNOTATED BIBLE

Using a line starting with "watch out for those atheists showing you websites...by the way, here are the websites".

LOL

If you want to engage these stealth-atheists, that's your choice. But realize who/what you are dealing with. And if they try to make you doubt your Faith and Beliefs, and become tongue-tiedfor answers, just remember: The Bible is primarily a Historical Chronicle of the many people who helped build/shape Christianity.

LOL.

Tongue-tied wasn't a hidden jab at all.

You may not like or agree with historical behavior, but as a Christian, you are only obligated to strive for accuracy and Truth of historical events, like what the Bible records. No one would casually ask you to defend an ancient war. So why do the Atheists expect you to defend historical incidents in the Bible?

Hidden jab.

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

As with any historical document, don't feel compelled to defend barbarous acts written down as history. God and Jesus didn't write the Bible. It was written by many flawed, mortal men who undoubtedly added their own emotions and shades of their prejudices to historical accounts. Objective journalism hadn't been invented yet.

Point out that the Bible is also an important Behavior/Moral Code, and that it NEVER preaches murder as an acceptable behavior. Quite the opposite. Christians primarily read the Bible for its Behavior/Moral Code. The Atheists read it looking for inflammatory historical passages - and then try to shake your Faith and Beliefs by ranting on one "historically recorded" incident.

Sigh.

Listen, maybe you are being serious about this whole topic but from the way it's written it seems entirely inflammatory and seems...well...trollish.
edit on 31-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

If you can show me one evil thing Satan did in the Bible I would be impressed.

I already did right in the post you responded to. You have to be willing to look for such to see it.

Science and false knowledge is the fuel for all forms of violence we see today and much of our past.

Adam and Eve were young in the mind when they left the path. They were never givin the chance to expierence the totality of what had been created and neither have we. Science is satans attempt to replicate parts of the true reality that is hidden from us. Every single aspect of inventions is just a poor model of abilities we possess as humans. Satans goal was to create a system that he had power over but the only thing he has power over is confusion.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You did not cite any scripture or even refer to a place in the Bible where Satan committed an evil act. All you said was people like me "are of our father the devil"..

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Look over your fence.

Peace

Is that your answer to my question of what you mean about your backyard?

I do not have a fence.

Please do better.

This is not a contest just be honest about what you ment.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: MKMoniker

So most atheists are sexual predators?.
Lol.
Also the religious do not have a monopoly in morals.

Sure the OP meant priests

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Having or making money is not a sin. How you spend that money, DOES reflect your Soul's Goals.

When Jesus started preaching, the poor and destitute were his first faithful audience. Even tho' he eventually had wealthy followers, he stuck with his humility of walking dusty roads with his (mostly poor) followers.

If he had reached out to his wealthy followers for help and protection when Rome was on his case, could he have survived and not been crucified? Or would he have lost his poorest followers as a "sell out"? Or would the emotional power of "martyrdom" been lost to the ages, and the Bible would never have been written?

See, I have questions-with-no-answers too, even as a raised-Christian Theist who is profoundly respectful of ALL Prophets.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Why am i getting such weak responses?

Satans role in the temptation was the begining of his sin and all our curse.

Satan gave us false knowledge that is responsible for the tools of war and descruction.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You did not cite any scripture or even refer to a place in the Bible where Satan committed an evil act. All you said was people like me "are of our father the devil"..

Book of Job. Notice however, he had god's permission to do what he did.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Because at first glance, the NAME of those sites appears to be religious: Bible Hub or Rare Bible. These names were obviously chosen to lure in Christians - then smack them with Atheistic interpretations.

I've seen the same thing happen in this forum, with a headline that sounds religious. But when you start reading, it's the same old ranting Atheists.

I just wanted to warn people, that's all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join