It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

Their favorite tactics are to take all the contradictions in the Bible (which was written by many authors over many decades), or laboriously point out all the murders, and try to trick you into defending God, Jesus, and the Bible.

If you take part in one of these stealth-atheist discussions, they will try and string you along with increasingly non-sensical responses tied to your "hot button issues" you've mentioned previously. Then your argument could end up as fodder for these stealth-atheist websites on the Internet

rarebible.wordpress.com...
RARE BIBLE: GOD ORDERS SAUL TO KILL BABIES

www.thegodmurders.com...
THE GOD MURDERS - INDEX
Check the left sidebar: "How Christianity Operates," "FASCISM," "Genes, God, Ego".

biblehub.com...
RANT OVER 1 SAMUEL 15:3
"Now go ... put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

www.gotquestions.org...
DOES GOD KILLING PEOPLE MAKE HIM A MURDERER?

skepticsannotatedbible.com...
THE SKEPTICS ANNOTATED BIBLE

If you want to engage these stealth-atheists, that's your choice. But realize who/what you are dealing with. And if they try to make you doubt your Faith and Beliefs, and become tongue-tied for answers, just remember: The Bible is primarily a Historical Chronicle of the many people who helped build/shape Christianity.

You may not like or agree with historical behavior, but as a Christian, you are only obligated to strive for accuracy and Truth of historical events, like what the Bible records. No one would casually ask you to defend an ancient war. So why do the Atheists expect you to defend historical incidents in the Bible?

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

As with any historical document, don't feel compelled to defend barbarous acts written down as history. God and Jesus didn't write the Bible. It was written by many flawed, mortal men who undoubtedly added their own emotions and shades of their prejudices to historical accounts. Objective journalism hadn't been invented yet.

Point out that the Bible is also an important Behavior/Moral Code, and that it NEVER preaches murder as an acceptable behavior. Quite the opposite. Christians primarily read the Bible for its Behavior/Moral Code. The Atheists read it looking for inflammatory historical passages - and then try to shake your Faith and Beliefs by ranting on one "historically recorded" incident.
edit on 31-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There are even some who claim to be Christian trying to destroy God's Law by not loving their neighbours as themselves or by saying God's Law don't matter since Jesus died for their sins on the cross so now they don't have to bear their cross as Jesus asked, unfortunately.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity. Their favorite tactic are to take all the contradictions in the Bible (which was written by many authors over many decades), or laboriously point out all the murders, and try to trick you into defending God, Jesus, and the Bible.

If you take part in one of these stealth-atheist discussions, they will try and string you along with increasingly non-sensical responses tied to your "hot button issues" you've mentioned previously. Then your argument could end up as fodder for these stealth-atheist websites on the Internet

rarebible.wordpress.com...
RARE BIBLE: GOD ORDERS SAUL TO KILL BABIES

www.thegodmurders.com...
THE GOD MURDERS - INDEX
Check the left sidebar: "How Christianity Operates," "FASCISM," "Genes, God, Ego".

biblehub.com...
RANT OVER 1 SAMUEL 15:3
"Now go ... put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

www.gotquestions.org...
DOES GOD KILLING PEOPLE MAKE HIM A MURDERER?

skepticsannotatedbible.com...
THE SKEPTICS ANNOTATED BIBLE

If you want to engage these stealth-atheists, that's your choice. But realize who/what you are dealing with. And if they try to make you doubt your Faith and Beliefs, and become tongue-tied for answers, just remember: The Bible is primarily a Historical Chronicle of the many people who helped build/shape Christianity.

As with any historical document, don't feel compelled to defend barbarous acts written down as history. God and Jesus didn't write the Bible. It was written by many flawed, mortal men who undoubtedly added their own emotions and shades of their prejudices to historical accounts. Objective journalism hadn't been invented yet.

Point out that the Bible is also a Behavior/Moral Code, and that it NEVER preaches murder. Quit the opposite. And Christians read the Bible for its Behavior/Moral Code. The Atheists read it looking for inflammatory historical passages - and then try to shake your Faith and Beliefs by ranting on one "historically recorded" incident.

Sounds exactly like what the Christians do.

Infiltrate.

ATS is a favorite drop-in for the self proclaimed righteous and has been for a long time now. So many threads which have nothing to do with religion are suddenly attacked by verse and scripture to stress a point. EVERYTHING is in the bible apparently so they feel a right to invade ANY topic because GOD says it's the way. BS.

BTW...EVERYTHING can also be claimed by Nostradamus.

Atheists may be the new kids on the block infiltrating sites like this but Christians have been doing the exact same for millennia. Killing non-believers along the way.

As I have said many times...Stay out of my back yard and I'll stay out of yours but that's never good enough because the GOD folks are justified in their war on the heathens. Because they have the bible that says so.

Again...

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Oh, it gets worse.

The apostate church is on the rise. Chrislam, Rick Warren and his cronies. Destruction from within.

edit on 31-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You may not like or agree with historical behavior, but as a Christian, you are only obligated to strive for accuracy and Truth of historical events, like what the Bible records. No one would casually ask you to defend an ancient war. So why do the Atheists expect you to defend historical incidents in the Bible?

We don't want you to defend those ancient wars and atrocities from the OT. We want you to ask yourself if a guy who later says to love thy neighbor etc. would ever be a part of commanding half of the things he did. We want you to ask yourself if you really want to serve a God who at any point in time did some of the sickening things OT God did. We wish for you to see that those things didn't come from a loving merciful God but the minds of controlling and superstitious men.

Those are some of my opinions on the subject at any rate.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.

It is always something like:

The Atheist, The Christians, The Muslims, The Left, The Right, The Gays, The Nationalist, The Veggies, The This Race, The that Race, Yadiyadiya, The Part-of-a-certain-something-else...

Well they all pee&poo, sleep and eat and try to make babies (or at least fulfill the natural process of making one without saying something that is against T&C).

Otherwise all of the above "The"-'s should be replaced by "Some".

So they all pee&poo, sleep and eat and try to make babies and some are just loonies and some others always point a pointy finger blaming someone else.

And me? Well I am just a Dumbass. We Dumbasses are both visible and stealthy but we are everywhere and we are going to conquer everything

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

washingtonexaminer.com...
SCHOLAR RESEARCHES BIBLE, FINDS IT 99% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

What a load of crock.. How can a book so full of contradictions and whatnot be 99% accurate?

Those barbarous acts were more often then not commanded by God..

Point out that the Bible is also an important Behavior/Moral Code, and that it NEVER preaches murder as an acceptable behavior. Quite the opposite. Christians primarily read the Bible for its Behavior/Moral Code. The Atheists read it looking for inflammatory historical passages - and then try to shake your Faith and Beliefs by ranting on one "historically recorded" incident.

Yes, it's a very moral guidebook. I will agree with you to some extent, when it comes to the NT and the teachings of Jesus. Our Morality vs Gods Morality
edit on 1-31-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
god, jesus, the devil symbols all sybols of a belief. what you beleive may not be perfect it may instead just be something you have been told by your elders and thus assumed its validity. who are you to say god is what you were told he is. your just a no one. god, jesus the devil its all control not just conbtrol of what you will do but more importaintly control of you freaking out at death. losing hope can be worse on a civilization than an atom bomb. take away hope and whats left; you see we will all die rather our bodies die. you know nothing if you think god is real but ghosts are not. if you think the holy spirit is the only spirit. but you really know nothing if you buy into the idea of heaven and hell. angels and deamons. what do you know anyway but what youve been taught. at least these anti religeous nut jobs are accepting the fact that its all a bunch of lies. o.k. i mean fables, tall tales, stories meant to bolster what was nothing more than a series of events. life as we know it is full of petty trivial acts and jesus was no different. you think you know what it is to be born again, you have no idea. you have no idea. religion is a joke not just christianity, or any abrahamic religion nor hindu or any dharmic religion nor the denial of religion to beleive in nothing its all a joke. its a crutch for the fearful to lean on when they come to terms with death. the real religion if there ever were one is the study of yourself. from inside us all we have the power but you turn from that power seeking a higher power and you run from your true self. i dont pretend to know whats next all I can do is seek to find its truth. my quest is for truth, but like all truth you can never know the whole of it. those who dare to beleive they do have already been lost to the catacombs of time and space.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Thanks for your post.

The Ten Commandments - or the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you) - were written on the supposition that you are in a peaceful land and can focus on personal relationships. In times of war or famine, personal relationships are pushed aside as people focus on food and shelter, and protecting their loved one.

And although it's not a commandment, God also expects you to recognize and stand up to Evil. Evil and Chaos rule in a war, and the elitists are great at stoking the destructive flames of war just to line their pockets as war-profiteers. Fighting in a war against Evil was easy in WWII, since the enemy was recognized as expansionist-dictators shedding blood unnecessarily for their personal (and evil) goals.

The wars since then have been murkier, but seem to be stoked by the elitists. (The Great Goal trying to push us into war in Syria? A "proposed" oil-pipeline from the MidEast thru Syria to Europe the elitists could not wait to get their money-grubby claws into.) But fighting in "just" wars against evil is necessary and expected by God.

"Then He said to them, 'But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack (backpack). And he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one'." Luke 22:36

Search out the righteous leaders in a great-chaos, like a war. Or, if you can see and think clearly - that both sides have issues to be resolved - stand up yourself and become that "righteous leader."

And No, Jesus died on the cross to forgive ALL THE PREVIOUS SINS that had been committed. He was trying to appease an angry God ready to unleash another Sodom & Gomorrah nuke explosion, or another world-wide flood.

"Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom he wills, He hardens." Romans 9:18

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Atheists have gone stealthy now, starting websites and masked-discussions at sites like ATS. The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

If it's "thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity", it's not really "stealthy" is it? What is a "stealth atheist"? One who pretends to be religious? I mean, if you know they're atheist, I don't get the stealth part. Sounds cool, but I don't know what you mean.

I went to a couple of the links you posted and they are clearly atheists. That God Murders sidebar also has an entry titled "ATHEISM". Not very stealthy. Seems like regular old atheist websites to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Thank you for your post.

And I agree, "missionaries" have killed perfectly decent people who believe in God thru other religion pathways, for thousands of years. I own a copy of the Koran, and it even mentions Jesus as "a true prophet deserving of your respect."

I don't know when or where, but somewhere along the line, it was declared that Christianity was superior to all other religious/spiritual beliefs. It may have been a "psychological power base" for the otherwise poor and powerless. It may have been duplicitous Popes in the Vatican, who arrogantly preferred to meddle in politics instead of "tending to their flock."

But we've got Christians today who strangely think they are Doing God's Work of "saving souls" by obnoxiously dropping Bible quotes and "The Lord" into every discussion - no matter how unrelated. These people need to focus on their own souls, and allow the rest of us the courtesy of ruminating over the teachings of all the True Prophets - including Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and even Confucious - to find our own pathway to God.

Most Atheists are just as obnoxious, mainly since most are sexual predators and do NOT want to ever meet up with a Judgmental God. Change their lifestyle? Heavens No! Much easier to just pretend that there is no God, no judgment, no moral code, no Good or Bad, no Right or Wrong ... Lotsa luck with that.

I've argued with Atheists in other forums. The scientific Atheists who refuse to believe in anything "supernatural," but are still raising their kids with a secular moral code, I have no problem with. I don't agree - they may understand their science better by allowing for magical-seeming imponderables - but I respect them and their choices.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

So most atheists are sexual predators?.
Lol.
Also the religious do not have a monopoly in morals.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Thanks for your post. And I know powerful people for thousands of years (especially Kings and Queens) have claimed to be God's Chosen or God's Annointed, and carried out despicable horrors because they'd convinced others they were "above God's Law." Whenever mankind's arrogance and greed get going, everyone loses - and God is NOT amused.

And I say again, the Bible is a truthful, historical chronicle of the people who started and built Christianity. It was written by many flawed mortal men - Not God, Not Jesus - over decades of time after the murder of Jesus. One chronicler envisioned an angry and punishing God, another chronicler a merciful and loving God, and yet another chronicler saw God as stoicially just and unemotional. God has all those faces, just as we all do with the God Spark within us.

Although I might suggest you dig deep into your Soul - especially thru your dreams - to figure out why you hate God and religion so. Did you die during the Inquisition? Savagely beaten to "confess" a lie about being a witch? Killed because you wouldn't "convert" to the New Ruler's religion? All terrible things done to your journeying-soul by evil men and women.

Maybe you can arrive at a middle point of being a "doubting" Agnostic, that will at least be of great comfort to your spouse and children. And you won't have crying children convinced by meddling others that "you're gonna burn in hell!"

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.." Romans 11;29

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, I am having a hard time seeing what is stealthy about those sites myself.

I am wondering what kind of person would mistake them as being Christian sites. Maybe the word "stealth" is being used differently than I assume.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Most Atheists are just as obnoxious, mainly since most are sexual predators

In your original post didn't you say something about...

The headline seldom matches their OP, which is really a thinly disguised rant against the Bible and Christianity.

It's my observance that your headline: "Are Atheists Invading Christianity To Destroy People's Faith From Within?" has very little to do with what is a VERY thinly-veiled rant against atheism.

Can you say, "projection"??? You must be a "stealth-Christian" of some sort.

"Stealthy"... Wooo!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Also by this you are admitting you would have no moral code without religion.
Says an a lot about you that does.

You have exhibited everything many hate about the religious the high and mighty attitude and the gall to think you understand god and knows what he/she/it thinks.
You have said the bible is written by flawed men not god nor jesus which is true but to take what other people say about God and take it as the fact and word of God when you know it is from man not God is to me at least stupid.
You are following another mans version of god.....
Anyone who claims to know anything about God is telling lies.
God begins where humanity's imagination ends.

You made this thread itching for a fight...that is obvious.
edit on 31-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The real question should be: has Christianity infiltrated spirituality in order to kill people's spirituality from within? I think so.

As for your question, it's a possibility I guess but I doubt it. Atheists don't need to pose as Christians to divide them, they do that quite well on their own.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thats what religion does....destroy god.
God would not have a religion so why should we?.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't heard of "Chrislam."

All True Religions have a "moral code" teaching us how to behave toward God and all his other children. You can pray a dozen times a day, always have a rosary in your pocket, or cling to a tattered poetry book that teaches you more about Truth than any religious book. All are just signs that you are adhering to God's Law of Moral Behavior - and that's the most important goal. (And if it is all just for show - trust me, God knows it.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join