It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenji Goto has Been Murdered by I.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Once again sad but inevitable news is breaking that the barbarous Islamic State have murdered Kenji Goto.

A video has been released online purporting to show the beheading of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto by Islamic State militants.

The video comes less than a week after news of the beheading of another Japanese man, Haruna Yukawa.

Mr Goto, 47, is a well-known freelance journalist and film-maker who went to Syria in October, reportedly to try to secure Mr Yukawa's release.
www.bbc.co.uk...

My thoughts go out to his family.
RiP

edit on 31-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I guess the exchange of prisoners didnt happen then.

poor guy was just trying to do his job but you know what... its pretty dangerous to go to the area!!

I dunno....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe at this point governments shouldn't be issuing anymore visas to their citizens to travel to these areas.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's probably a knee jerk reaction but I feel it's time we got serious and wiped this scum from the face of the planet , we along with others in the region need to put troops on the ground and deal with the problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Our involvement is what started this whole mess. Could it have eventually gotten here? Sure. Without direct involvement though, I doubt it would be this far.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I was against the Afghan and Iraq wars and agree we started the fire but we are now in a war not of our choosing and need to understand that , I.S are like an illness that if it isn't treated now it will just get worse.

I don't think we have a choice and if we don't act decisively now we will regret it in the future.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Good points for sure.
By helping Al Qaeda we strengthened them. Their offshoot (IS) is now a pain even to them. Going to war, or even funding another group to fight for us, hasn't worked in the past and it is doubtful it would work again. I don't know what the answer is and I agree that we can't just sit back, wait and see if their "fire" burns out, but attacking them would just create another whole generation of extremists.

No answer from me at all, I know. Just more questions.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So sad ..to know that it all started after Saddam hoesein invaded Kuwait. .. Twenty five years of wars in and around the middle east .. Will it ever end..?
edit on 0b18America/ChicagoSat, 31 Jan 2015 15:40:18 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 31 Jan 2015 15:40:18 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Once again sad but inevitable news is breaking that the barbarous Islamic State have murdered Kenji Goto.

A video has been released online purporting to show the beheading of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto by Islamic State militants.

The video comes less than a week after news of the beheading of another Japanese man, Haruna Yukawa.

Mr Goto, 47, is a well-known freelance journalist and film-maker who went to Syria in October, reportedly to try to secure Mr Yukawa's release.
www.bbc.co.uk...

My thoughts go out to his family.
RiP

Barbarous is the only word for those people. I'm sick of all this evil crap..the irony these evil people were allowed to live long enough to commit all these deeds, but had some a couple of decades ago, thought like them to the extreme that these I.S. do, even these perpetrators themselves might have been victims.
My thoughts also to the family. R.I.P.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Maybe at this point governments shouldn't be issuing anymore visas to their citizens to travel to these areas.

They should be issuing a full combat load...

But that's just me wishing for the best.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't see Japan loosing face on a world stage. Expect them to bring it. It's a harsh reality. We may have started the fire but it's time to put it out.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I don't understand how "Jihadi John" is still breathing. I remember reading that MI6 had positively identified him months ago. You mean to tell me that with the combined surveillance capabilities of both the British and American militaries, we can't track this sick individual? Send a couple Reaper drones in and give him a healthy dose of Hellfire. I mean seriously, how many more innocent people have to lose their lives to this evil b*****d?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Truly an awful thing. I'm sick and tired of this savagery that has been going on - This group needs to be terminated.
My thoughts go out to the family...

~Sovereign

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'm sure he's dead but how he died and these movies in general are a total load of nonsense.

Japan was suspicious of the movie from the beginning, they must have found something through intelligence sharing with Turkey for them to both give up on the prisoner swap.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Why is it so difficult for the world to come together, swoop down on IS and get rid of them once and for all.

IS don't have armour, airforce, drones etc... so just why are they so tough to defeat?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
im more interested in his hair
did they cut it?
i cant tell if its long or not in the pic
he had nice hair

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I think the whole prisoner swap ploy was nonsense and a way for I.S to get more publicity , they were requesting Jordan release the female suicide bomber and not receive anything in return accept an assurance that their pilot wouldn't be killed.

I think it likely the Jordanian pilot is already dead , no video or audio of him has been released , perhaps he was killed in the crash and I.S are just holding a body or maybe a video of his murder will be released at a time of their own choosing , I think it likely the former is the case.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's probably a knee jerk reaction but I feel it's time we got serious and wiped this scum from the face of the planet , we along with others in the region need to put troops on the ground and deal with the problem.

We do. It needs to end.

We know their end game and they won't be stopping until they've 'accomplished' it so they say.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
Why is it so difficult for the world to come together, swoop down on IS and get rid of them once and for all.

IS don't have armour, airforce, drones etc... so just why are they so tough to defeat?

The problem is that they have hostages and hide behind civilians!

I think it will take strategy to kill IS without killing 'Civilians' at the same time.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
But then there would be no way to send all their agents, I mean journalists out there.

top topics

join