It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA forced to deny UFO claims after UFO spotted orbiting asteroid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
NASA forced to deny UFO claims after 'alien spacecraft' is spotted orbiting asteroid
www.irishmirror.ie...
January 31, 2015

Sky-watchers are in no doubt that it does, saying the picture of asteroid 2004 BL86 taken by NASA's Deep Space Network clearly shows a diamond-shaped craft.

However, the space agency has offered a more rational explanation, revealing that the asteroid had its own moon - something they say is extremely common.

A NASA spokesman said: "In the near-Earth population, about 16% of asteroids that are about 655 feet or larger are a binary (the primary asteroid with a smaller asteroid moon orbiting it) or even triple systems (two moons)."

Website UFO Sightings Daily wrote: "This asteroid has a UFO flying in orbit around it. We can see from the detailed photo that the craft is diamond shaped and flat.

"NASA of course goes on to say that this flat object which does not flip over end is a moon.

"Any moon this thin would be tumbling end over end. This object is keeping itself steady, flying like a ship would in space".

edit on 31-1-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: Added picture and video

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
UFO fans spot tiny spacecraft orbiting asteroid as it passes Earth
VIDEO OF Asteroid & UFO

As soon as NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory released footage made from still frames captured by Deep Space Network, YouTubers offered an opinion - it was a spacecraft.

Conspiracy site UFO Sightings Dailly said, 'This asteroid has a UFO flying in orbit around it. We can see from the detailed photo that the craft is diamond shaped and flat.

'NASA of course goes on to say that this flat object which does not flip over end is a moon. Wrong! Any moon this thin would be tumbling end over end.

'This object is keeping itself steady, flying like a ship would in space.

Great catch by Streetcap1 of YouTube.'

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

In late May 2013 a similar asteroid was photographed with an object close to it. When I saw that picture my reaction was,

"Whattt! Asteroids with their own moons"?

I'm not sure what to think. I never heard of asteroids having moons before that picture in 2013.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It would have been interesting to view this phenomenon over a longer time period to see exactly how the accompanying object performed its orbit of the asteroid and whether the object stays with the asteroid on a constant and predictable trajectory. A lot more info could be gathered.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No matter how long a lie is sustained, truth will someday prevail.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Website UFO Sightings Daily wrote

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Apparently we've known about asteroids with small moons for a while now...

From the Link
"In 1993, an tiny moon called Dactyl was discovered orbiting the large asteroid Ida. Dactyl is only about 1 mile wide, while Ida is about 19 miles across. Since then, several other moons have been discovered orbiting asteroids. In 1999, an 8 mile wide moon called Petit-Prince was discovered orbiting the 135 mile wide asteroid Eugenia. "

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

Thank you very much for the info.

The footage of this asteroid sure does look weird. Amazing that even these smaller bodies have enough gravity to attract and capture other objects. Shows just how much matter in Space is drawn together. I'd like to learn more about the way that stars and planets are formed.

One thing we do know is that gravity is the driving force in our universe that keeps the systems in harmony. There is so much I do not understand. It appears our moon is moving away from us. How can this be if the mass and gravity of the earth are not changing?

I feel pretty dumb about it all, but I do read about it and slowly getting more of an understanding.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Logically I have a hard time grasping how the object seemed to have ejected or came into orbit of this asteroid? I mean with such low gravitational force ..

The other thing I find strange is why does the object orbiting that asteroid do not cast any shadow and seems to be completely bright?
But we've seen many strange astronomical wonders that still baffles science..
edit on 0b36America/ChicagoSat, 31 Jan 2015 12:26:36 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 31 Jan 2015 12:26:36 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey gang...I wish I could post and read internet pages faster so that I can also better analyze the story...BUT! my CPU usage on my computer is at 100%...fan is blowing like crazy...and loading of EVERYTHING is freaking near impossible...ugh...

Gotta fix this before I can respond to posts, including my review of the story (before my computer crashes...)

Do you think NASA is spying on ME?!??! Argh

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm not sure what to think. I never heard of asteroids having moons before that picture in 2013.

It is known and being studied...

Asteroids sometimes do have “moons,” or satellites smaller than themselves, and this makes them so-called binary asteroids. In fact, astronomers have even discovered three-member asteroid systems, as it’s assuming that even more elaborate setups exists somewhere out there.

www.geek.com...

Seems we learn something about our universe everyday.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Website UFO Sightings Daily wrote

To be fair that site did not originate this. They are reporting the reaction of viewers without exaggeration.

It is that Mulder thing; so much wanting to believe. We all must admit there are some pretty strange things in the sky being seen. I've seen the occasional thing myself that defies all logic.

I don't blame enthusiasts for speculating and dreaming. It is good to keep check and perspective on it all though.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well at least we can't tell if its a moon or UFO or not. That way we can argue about it for ever and ever.

Moon round, goes round, Earth round, turns round, goes round-- Sun round, turns round, goes round-- Galaxy round, turns round, goes round and round and round….

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Heres my theory how some moons get formed around other bodies. Its due to impacts and the resulting rebound of impact debris in a molten state that forms a moon that settles into orbit when conditions are right.

Like a drop of water hitting a surface. Freeze it at about 12 seconds and you got a moon.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

To be fair that site did not originate this.

NASA imaged a moon in orbit of the asteroid and Waring turns it into a UFO flying in orbit around it , as he does.

They are reporting the reaction of viewers without exaggeration.

Waring and without exaggeration does not compute.
I think calling him an enthusiast is in itself an exaggeration.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am surprised NASA didn't say that it was a trick of light and shadows..........

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You know better than I about the site as a whole. I only just found out they even existed.

I used to be very damning and critical of the UFO thing. Having seen an oddity or two myself it did change my mind some.

I am a lot more friendly and tolerant of it these days. I get so bored of being cold and critical all the time and just try to give people some space to express themselves. I'm not very good with the picture analysis so it is good that people bring stuff here for the members to look at and there are some very good picture analysts here.

I did not mean to put you down any. Just questioning and learning and sometimes we need to provoke a response to better understand what we are writing and for what reason.

All the best.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

The other thing I find strange is why does the object orbiting that asteroid do not cast any shadow and seems to be completely bright?

The images are produced from radar data. Radar does not image shadows.

edit on 1/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I did not mean to put you down any.

No problem mate.
I judge on actions and the actions and claims of Scott Waring over the last couple of years tell me he is from the same mould as Michael Cohen and his hoaxer site ANW.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There's some great info on asteroids and their moon(s) here. Also a video from Michael Busch which explains a lot and......a "possible" interaction with an asteroid in 2880 depending on it's spin state!

www.seti.org...
edit on 31-1-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join