It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin, "Taliban are not terrorists." Taliban, "We are so, see!" "PEW! PEW! PEW!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The real conspiracy here is the sources making claim.

An official terrorist group taking "credit" while the other "non terrorist" group being automatically un-blamed by default.

Classic MSM psy-ops indeed.

It's always a one-way mirror isn't it.

I'll admit, I read the stories I see, sometimes they are all the same, but sometimes they may conflict with one another. In this case most of them lined up the same. Bush says terrorist, Obama says no they're not. Taliban says, yes we are, see, bang bang, you're dead, boom it's on the news. Now, the real question is, did they really do it, or is another group willing to let them take the fall? I honestly couldn't answer that one. I can only go by what I've found thus far. Apparently, again, according to MSM, attacks by Taliban have ramped up in the region since 2008, now whether they mean just all factions in general, or if they have specifics in mind but aren't saying anything, I truly don't know.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Nobody ever knows for sure.

The MSM is 100% controlled at many levels.

I submit the "Afghan" Taliban (the non terrorist Taliban) actually did the whole job.

That's where the self-scapegoating comes into play by the "official terrorist" Taliban.

They have nothing to lose.

It's classic.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Nobody ever knows for sure.

The MSM is 100% controlled at many levels.

I submit the "Afghan" Taliban (the non terrorist Taliban) actually did the whole job.

That's where the self-scapegoating comes into play by the "official terrorist" Taliban.

They have nothing to lose.

It's classic.

Well at least a few of us are agreed. And in an adult way no less. With no bloodshed too! Hoorah! (Now I'm almost disappointed. LOL)

"Ye, may take our land, but ye'll never take our freedom! Or at least ye will na take it till we let ye it through."
Quote by William Wallace with some liberal liberties taken....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Obama cannot CALL them Terrorists BECAUSE it breaks NATIONAL POLICY to negotiate with TERRORISTS and he would be in an actionable position legal wise.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Way to muddy the waters.

The "Afghan Taliban" was created in Pakistan. During the fighting season they are supplied by sources in Pakistan. During the off season they go to Pakistan.

The Taliban in Waziristan is the same Taliban in Kandahar province.

All this just to take a stab at fox? Pathetic.
edit on pSat, 31 Jan 2015 04:48:54 -0600201531America/Chicago2015-01-31T04:48:54-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

If they came out and openly admit the Taliban are indeed terrorists, that would then make the US government and many of the US allies guilty of aiding and abetting terrorists...since they are sending them arms, protective gear and vehicles, and lots and lots of cash to screw Syria over for them, but of course, only after they rename themselves ISIL or ISIS or IS or whatever they are called this week.

Treason during war is punishable by death i believe....that's why this administration is claiming the Taliban are not terrorists...they only become terrorists after the goods and arms are handed over and they re-badge themselves.

Apart from the treason, if it is seen they are arming and supplying terrorists, it's gonna get increasingly difficult to continue to be able to sell the war on terror to the people convincingly.

edit on 31-1-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Anyone who can sit and say that the taliban are not terrorists are so brainwashed they probably cannot manage to put on socks without instruction...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Open your eyes people.

Obama is simply redefining the word "terrorist" so he wont be remembered as the president who violated the principle of "we do not negotiate with terrorists". Remember he negotiated the release of a deserter in exchange for a bunch of Taliban guys?

I know he spoke of CHANGE. Now I know it also includes CHANGE of definition.

edit on 31-1-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes Charlie, they are a terrorist group. Do not confuse the taliban with the original mujahideen.. Just like ISIS, the taliban came from all over the world to create an Islamic state in Afghanistan..

The mujahideen used to stick money in the mouths of any taliban fighter they killed.. not a nice thing and it had much meaning behind it, since they were seen as mercenaries..

The biggest problem with the taliban was language, many didn't speak pashtun or dari so whenever they would take over a town or an area, they couldn't communicate with the Afghani people.. many Afghans were killed on that one basis alone they didn't even know what they were being told to do.

ISIS has modeled themselves after the taliban, with one exception. Baghdadi never thought the taliban went far enough, and he has much more ambition than the taliban ever thought about having..but the model is the same, bring in a whole bunch of true believers from all over the world, and establish a caliphate.

So, while the taliban was happy to take their direction from zawahiri and stay within the borders of afghanistan, ISIS is not..

still the same though.. both are terrorists.. terrorizing local populations into complete submission and compliance with their own version of sharia.

edit on 31-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The biggest problem with the taliban was language, many didn't speak pashtun or dari so whenever they would take over a town or an area, they couldn't communicate with the Afghani people.. many Afghans were killed on that one basis alone they didn't even know what they were being told to do.

How hard would it have been to simply have thought ahead and used a little lateral thinking?

Printed cue cards could have been issued to the fighters invading towns and villages to be handed to the elders or chiefs, clearly instructing them, in their own language to instruct their people to do X, Y or Z?

All they had to do was show the card (paper sheet, painted on a material sheet or written on anything at all) to the people, a la 'take us to your leader' and then show the leader the instructions card for what they wanted the people to do.

Simple.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

simple if one can read and write... not so simple if you cannot. You have to understand, not everyone in the Arab world is literate, and in the beginning of the spread of extremism, it was those who were illiterate who were able to be convinced that this extreme version of Islam was the correct version.. back then anyone who could read and write didn't get sucked into extremism unless they were the one's trying to pull the strings of others or fighting for a reason other than religion..

Now that has changed though, somehow and for some reason, even those who are literate are being convinced of extremism..still makes me sit and scratch my head and wonder why and how..

But long ago, most of the taliban (and many afghani's too) were simply illiterate.

edit on 31-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj It is my opinion the reason the POTUS does not recognize the Taliban as terrorist is simple because he is Muslim himself, and he refuses to believe that these thugs represent a security issue for America. He is also a liberal they simply do not like the truth. When that happens they simply ignore what they do not like.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I had friends over there as contractors and they didn't kill a soul...You know doing construction, driving trucks, fixing planes.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Not for me to say!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I had friends over there as contractors and they didn't kill a soul...You know doing construction, driving trucks, fixing planes.

A lot of people don't understand this.

They think all contractors are soldiers. They aren't. Most contractors in Kandahar that I knew were aviation mechanics, laundry service, food service, plumbing and housing, auto mechanics, heating and cooling, and a whole host of other things.

People think that there were as many contract soldiers as regular troops just because of the "numbers of contractors". But these were mostly misrepresented numbers. There were maybe 10,000 security contractors in all. The rest were support roles. Regular people doing a job.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

OK then, change cue cards to learning a simple phrase to speak upon arrival.

Same as cue cards, but using the spoken word instead of the written word. Doesn't have to be a long winded speech, just simple phrases learnt phonetically in a parrot fashion.

Can't be that hard to have worked out...get the chief...tell the people this or that...sit down and shut up...that sort of thing.

Just as easy as printed cards isn't it.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And the contractors were just regular people. I knew a lineman (electrical) worked for a city electric company, lots and lots of solid lineman experience (25 years), and they offered him to go and be a lineman over there..

the contractors for the most part weren't even military people, and they couldn't carry arms either even to protect themselves while working over there..

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Well that would take some measure of intelligence.. perhaps you should have gone over there to teach them how to be better terrorists.. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Don't like the heat (in more ways than one)...so i'll pass on that one!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is like the storyline to metal gear solid 4.

Not all contractors out there are innocent people just working. You go out there you accept the dangers. When i hear the word Contractor in relation to the middle east i think of private corporate armies/Hired goons. That's kind of a scary thought, corporate no-alliance armies ready to extend war until the bitter end whatever the cost.
edit on 31/1/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join