It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia gives $3 billion Crimea bridge contract to Putin ally

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
In the great scheme of things this would be great for the nation of ukraine. More goods can travel to and from. And more russian and ukrainian ethnics can travel back and forth. The rest of the world seems to forget that ukraine is both Russian and ukrainian. As the population goes, Half and half roughly. Half russians half ukrainians. Who have cultrually lived back and forth. This is why Putin is trying to hard to unify and replace half of Ukraines corrupt gorvernment with the corrupt government of russia instead. All the major countries governments are corrupt so... US gov is corrupt, Canada gov is corrupt, Mexico gov is corrupt China gov japanese ect ect ect. No one is a perfect good boy in any instance. The world collectively is attempting to overthrow world wide corruption. I have faith it will happen.

But i think the Ukrainians need a little competition to make a better desirable government. With russia trying to make the best impression it can ( Despite propaganda ) It forces the ukrainian government to make promises it never intended on making or keeping in order to win over local support.

I think Putin is doing a great job stomping on the corruption that is quite brutal in the Ukraine that has been exploited and shunned by the E.U for far to long. The ukraine to the eyes of the E.U has always been an outcast because of it's russian connection. The place is basically a third world nation with constant civil wars because of the charlatans that constantly rob from the from west side of the border. From the East side, Russian flood in with weapons which fueled the uprisings that plunge the region into civil war time and time again. Russia is trying to fight for Ukraines freedom from its castration for its resources being devoured other european nations. Ukraine is the bread basket of the world. If things were so great in the Ukraine. Why did half of Ukraine vote for joining the Russian confederacy?

Watch the movie Eurotrip and it paints a pretty good picture of Ukraine. Lots of movie are filmed in the Ukraine to reprisent a distopian future where building are left in ruins and the population left to rag torn scavengers. It's obviously not like that with rag torn scavengers lol those are just movies but the settings those movies are in.

Anyways, This should help rebuild a lot of infrustructure that the E.U has neglected to help with. The E.U now gives a damn about the Ukraine but 10-20 years ago, their thoughts were * Gesss i wish the Ukraine would just stop with the civil wars already, that place is a mess* Yet no one wants to help em? Putin comes along and is all like, Russia will take care of you guys.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Except Russia does not own Crimea - they are illegally occupying it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes I am aware. Germany is at the moment trying to hammer out a brand new peace deal and going to visit Putin to put it on the table. But I mention the US because it is a major nuclear power with enough weapons to wipe everyone out as does Putin.

I am just tired of humanity killing each other whatever country race or creed they come from. Sure there is evil, like IS fo example and a war to get rid of them would be justified. They are terrorists hiding behind the cloak of religion. But I digress. We only have one life and around a 100 years to live it. Why waste it in wars? Try making peace instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO your sentiment is correct. In between 2020 - 25 Russian tanks will indeed roll across the bridge as a part of the build up for the Russian invasion of Poland.They will likely disguise the build up as just another training exercise. If there are any warnings from the Ukraine underground they will go ignored because the level of delusion thinking that has been embraced by NATO political leaders. By the time NATO clues on otherwise the Russians will have occupied Warsaw.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO your sentiment is correct. In between 2020 - 25 Russian tanks will indeed roll across the bridge as a part of the build up for the Russian invasion of Poland.They will likely disguise the build up as just another training exercise. If there are any warnings from the Ukraine underground they will go ignored because the level of delusion thinking that has been embraced by NATO political leaders. By the time NATO clues on otherwise the Russians will have occupied Warsaw.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Unless NATO acts now, Russia will not need to use the bridge, Ukraine will fall and Belarus will hold a "referendum" to rejoin the Russian Empire. The Baltic states would be next.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Considering the recent law changes in Belarus towards Russia I don't see them willingly joining Russia.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I see this as a good thing because it is signalling that Russia is unlikely to take even more of Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sonterp

I see this as a good thing because it is signalling that Russia is unlikely to take even more of Ukraine.

The bridge will never actually be built. It is a gesture intended to deceive Ukraine into thinking that Russia does not have designs on Eastern Ukraine. Should Mariupol fall, Russia will annex the land it needs and forget all about the bridge. Nevertheless, Putin's crony will pocket the cash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join