It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Climategate: this ‘global warming’ scandal is much bigger

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Forget Climategate: this global warming scandal is much bigger

yeah yeah i know. Breitbart.

But he does bring up an interesting point. Are scientists modifying the data to suit them?
And he provides links so we can verify if his claims are true.

what does everyone think?

He began by examining Paraguay’s only three genuinely rural weather stations. (ie the ones least likely to have had their readings affected over the years by urban development.)

All three – at least in the versions used by NASA GISS for their “hottest year on record” claim – show a “clear and steady” upward (warming) trend since the 1950s, with 2014 shown as the hottest year at one of the sites, Puerto Casado.

Judging by this chart all is clear: it’s getting hotter in Paraguay, just like it is everywhere else in the world.

data.giss.nasa.gov...

But wait. How did the Puerto Casado chart look before the temperature data was adjusted? Rather different as you see here:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Perhaps, though, Puerto Casada was an anomaly?

Nope. Similar adjustments, in the same direction, appear to have been made to the two other rural sites.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Apparently they were all adjusted here's a link provided by SuspiciousObservers on the youtube channel.

Altered Data......all of them

Makes you wonder if the reason for the data manipulation is to have grounds for carbon tax.
Cue the introduction of a new energy technology perhaps.
Out with the old in with the new?

edit on 30-1-2015 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's called "bias compensation". The scientists justify tampering the data by saying that they need to "compensate for the thermometer's environment". It's been going on for years. I kept on telling global warmers about it, but they wouldn't listen...

Well, S&F for exposing this to light.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Here is a link to someone that investigated the issues of thermometers location:

New study shows half of the global warming in the USA is artificial

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You couldn't get 97% of the worlds scientific community to lie..... It's a math issue really. Co2 holds more heat then O2 or nitrogen. So more CO2= more heat. Every year has gotten hotter then the last. It's insane to think adding elements to our planets "system" won't have an effect.

It's crazy to think all the worlds science communities are in a vast conspiracy to pass a carbon tax in America...

Now saying that a carbon tax won't help and will be squandered and stolen is 100% fair probubally 100% accurate!!!

But that doesn't change the math.... Nor does it change the massive conspiracy it would take to fool 97% of the worlds scientists.

We Americans always think we are so special. Aka all the worlds media outlets are in a massive conspiracy to discredit American conservatism and Fox News... It's laughable.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Thank you for that post.

Let us not forget about the observed increase of CO2 in the atmosphere.

We have had a 40%+ rise of CO2 concentrations in the last half century.....

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

regardless of any finger pointing or being a "flat Earther", in reading the article and seeing the data presented,
1. why were the graphs altered?
2. why were the graphs altered to look as if a warming trend was occurring when the raw data did not show that?
3. what affect might the raw data have had on the big picture?

Just curious.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The manipulation goes on......We are mere prawns ......

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Thank you for that post.

Let us not forget about the observed increase of CO2 in the atmosphere.

We have had a 40%+ rise of CO2 concentrations in the last half century.....

I think that's a bunch of BS too.

I'm 97% certain.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Agreed which is why I posted.

Why would you need to alter data?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not sure where you are going with that.

The data is there. ~280ppm to 400ppm~ are the observed CO2 concentrations. No manipulation, just observations.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Must Have Carbon Credit Scam!

Oh, this isn't new by the way. Talked about this in 2009

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anthony Watts caught NASA fixing the data by placing thermometers “… in Arizona parking lots, overhanging black asphalt pads, near cell towers and hot-air blowing air conditioner exhausts or next to trash burn barrels, … setting one just away from a chimney directly above a Weber barbecue grill …”

edit on 30-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't need data to see what's happening around me.

When I was a young'n winter always came late October and warmed up late February/ early March. Not no more! Winter arrives late now, usually in late December and we see snow now sometimes even a foot (12") in March or April!. Not only that, but this damn "Polar Vortex" needs to go the hell back where it came from. It is 2F right now, will drop to -7 tonight when high gust winds. This is like the 12th time this year that vortex has creeped down my way (NE Pa).

Funny how its not very warm during global warming huh? Funnier still, just not funny Ha ha is that the summers have been typically mild. The climate is changing that's for sure but I suspect it's something very different than what anyone is or would ever hear in the mainstream. I won't pretend to "know" but something tells me it's either "man made" and by man made I mean a select few with some seriously bad ass toys, a cyclic event whether mini, or major ice age. Perhaps a combination.

You know, the Sahara supposedly turned arid and desert in just a couple hundred years. I'd give my left ..... eye
to see what lays beneath the ice at the poles. Perhaps in the near future we may just get that chance. Let's just hope we will survive and remain here through it all.

Haha...not to keep rambling but funny huh, imagine this gets worse and worse to where some of the richest elite escape off planet with plans to return when it settles. Only, by the time it settles, they have settled themselves off-world.
now imagine them skipping about earth taking resources like water, gold (hey we all know those rich elite love gold right?) . All the while, those who survived and only remember the thawing as legend of an epic deluge passed down to their kids. Further compounded by meddling "aliens" (read: ancestors) sticking their nose were it doesn't belong.

I'm calling shenanigans!
edit on 30-1-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Must Have Carbon Credit Scam!

Oh, this isn't new by the way. Talked about this in 2009

Anthony Watts caught NASA fixing the data by placing thermometers “… in Arizona parking lots, overhanging black asphalt pads, near cell towers and hot-air blowing air conditioner exhausts or next to trash burn barrels, … setting one just away from a chimney directly above a Weber barbecue grill …”

That's the tricky thing - where do they place weather stations? Normally the thermometers are placed inside a white slatted box in a shady area in order to avoid direct sunlight as well as any other sources of heat. Even then, there is the "heat island effect" caused by large urban areas as well as the "rain shadow effect" caused by all that waste moisture extracted by air conditioners. White clouds reflect sunlight back into space, but also trap heat underneath. The same applies to the color of the ground or rock - dark asphalt absorbs sunlight and emits heat, while whitewashed stone just reflects sunlight.

In order to have an accurate statistical representation of global warming, you would need a vast number of weather stations scattered evenly across the planet. But in some areas such as desert, equatorial areas of oceans, polar regions and other areas, the climate is more or less constant every year, with no significant change. Even if it's only in human inhabited areas that temperatures are rising, that's still going to be unpleasant for the inhabitants.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Today we can use satellites to make observations of Earth's temperature.

CO2 does trap more heat that the big 2. We do not know what the outcome will be the increase of CO2. Global warming appears to be happening, however the data points for our lifetime is still statistically insignificant to 'prove' GW within a good statisticians tolerance.

CO2 does have a radiative forcing effect.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Right, here we go again with the same old faux scandals about doctored temperature data now.

It’s rinse, lather, repeat with the climate deniers. These are the same people complaining that the raw data is tainted by urban heat island effects, proximity to exhaust sources, etc. So when it’s homogenized to remove these biases, they then turn around and complain the data is being conveniently “adjusted”. Not long ago they were all pointing at the same datasets and treating them as perfectly legit when pushing the “no warming for 17 years” meme. Now 2014 becomes the warmest year on record, so suddenly the data’s all fake again.

Just like the fake climategate scandal:
"Climategate" exposed: Conservative media distort stolen emails in latest attack on global warming consensus

Or the fake “they destroyed all the data” scandal:
Conservative media hype misleading report suggesting CRU destroyed raw climate data

Meanwhile there are all sorts of other proxy indicators consistent with a warming planet – rising sea levels, melting glaciers, changing migration patterns, etc. But I guess nature itself is just in on the conspiracy with all the world’s scientists too.

This makes much more sense than the idea that a bunch of lobbyists, free-market think tanks, and right-wing media are just pandering to the fossil fuel oligarchy. It’s not like there’s any evidence of the industry conspiring to do that before:

This particular “raw data” is freely available for anyone willing to do their own investigative research. Link

But most people unfortunately prefer to have it spoonfed to them instead, as long as it fits their predisposed politics. Incidentally here’s my favorite part from the memo above. The shills involved even go so far as to describe their target audience:

Basically a bunch of cranky ignorant old men.

I would love to see a breakdown of Breitbart’s demographic and compare lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The reasons for adjustments are linked within the article. Try reading the links.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: stormcell

Today we can use satellites to make observations of Earth's temperature.

CO2 does trap more heat that the big 2. We do not know what the outcome will be the increase of CO2. Global warming appears to be happening, however the data points for our lifetime is still statistically insignificant to 'prove' GW within a good statisticians tolerance.

CO2 does have a radiative forcing effect.

Exactly. Satellite data doesn't just show increases in temperature, it also shows heat being trapped at the exact wavelengths CO2 is known to do so. We can literally see man-made global warming happening from space:

Ground based measurements also capture this infrared radiation bouncing back to Earth:

Evidence for man made global warming is absolutely overwhelming. But the denialists just choose to ignore all this, or pretend it's fake when they have no other recourse.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Did you read the article? I held down my lunch like a champ! The people cited in the story er article... normally their champions of authority on all matters climate? Lukewarmers... rofl. Oh and the poor us victim card. As if the nearly entire body of Congress and some of the most powerful and rich people in the world could ever actually be considered persecuted.

But, but, but Al Gooooore!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Surprised none of the denialists mentioned Al Gore.

Denialist logic fallacy:

Al Gore is a fruit loop and pushes the 'global warming agenda' therefore anyone who believes in global warming must be a fruit loop.

Conclusion: fruit loops are fools and global warming is a scam to raise our taxes.
edit on 30-1-2015 by jrod because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join