It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cody's 10th ATS anniversary bash...........Phew I made it !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hi guys

And welcome to Cody's 10th anniversary bash on ATS.

Yep 10 years ago I was a wide eyed noobie astonished at the information I was reading, and intimidated by the intellectual prowess of the members here. Yes I, Cody599, was once a scared noobie.

Well I eventually plucked up the courage to post a reply here and there, and then my own threads. Some were well received and others not so, and still others (A fair few) encountered the omnipresent 404.(We all make mistakes as the dalek said climbing off the dustbin)

Over the years certain members here have become as close as,and some cases closer than my real life friends. You know who you are.

I just want to thank every single member that I've encountered here for making me the ATS'er I am today, my friends, those I've had arguments with, those that have made me laugh, and those that have made me cry, we've shared a lot guys, but mostly those that have made me think.

It took me a long time to find 'my home' on ATS but then one day a big hairy monkey (before he was a mod) invited me to "Come on over to the avatar creations thread" A new Cody was born, a Cody that could finally give something back to the community through art, OK I'll be the first to admit that it was dodgy at first, but I soon learned and my talent grew (I think) with the help of the artists over there.......................Thanks guys
And new friends were made.

With that said I'd like to invite each and everyone of you, to join me in celebration of 10 years being a member of the best community on the net.

This is my party, so have fun and be polite to each other please, T&C's must be complied with at all times.
As with all my threads all are welcome regardless of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation or chosen animal avatar.

If you're a lurker, join up and join in.............................if you're a noobie, come and meet some of the old and infirm, we don't bite, and know a few things so feel free to ask. And if you know me, or if you don't let's have some fun. It's a party so jokes and music, beer and wine, fun and laughter.

How do you survive on ATS for 10 years ? Simple, Be special.................Be yourself and most of all have a sense of humour.

Side note

Avatar creating may be on hold for a few hours with luck as we'll all be here sharing some fun.

BUT If you don't have an avatar yet and would like us to create a free one for you we'll waiting and probably hung over (no change there then) at the
BTS Avatar Creations 2015. OK let's get this party started.

ATS you rock.

Cody

edit on 30/1/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Tally ho for another ten!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Congratulations Cody!!

Yay it has finally begun...just wanted to say that I enjoy your contribution to this site enormously wether it's in The Bolt Hole, the Avatar Creation thread or one of the competitions where you always seem to be. Mainly because of you (and the other know suspects) I started with avatar creation aswell and you've a great inspiration!! I just know the next 10 years will fly by as quickly as the last. See you on the boards!!

Now I've got a truck load of these outside..Could you tell me where I should put them?

Let's party!!!

Peace

ETA:Is there like a special forum for old people that you get access to now?

edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 30 Jan 2015 11:46:47 -0600am314620151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Tally ho for another ten!

Years or beers stirling ? Ah stuff it ......................... both !

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Congratulations on your anniversary. Wow! Ten years!

You were one of the first to welcome me to this great site.

It is members like you who are willing to be patient and understanding when a noobie is stumbling around that makes this site such a great and welcoming place. Thank you for showing me around and for my avatar too.

Are we having a party? Where is my polka dot hat or does it have to be tin foil? Do we get streamers and poppers and where is the bar?

Here's to one of the greats, here's to you

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Yeah

Us oldies get the room nearer the toilet OM, thanks for your kind words, and thanks for the present
It's already on my wall

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Thanks Mura

I do believe BFFT was reponsible for your avatar, and OM is in charge of the bar.

Watch him though he might short change you

Cody

link   
Happy Anniversary Cody!

You are a hoot to have around.

link   
Happy Anniversary Cody.

I've cracked open a cold one, all the best fella.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Right back at you

Raising a glass to you as well Cobaltic, I love your posts, and your avatar. For those that worry about time issues.

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Happy awakening day Cody!

Here's to at least ten more!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Us oldies get the room nearer the toilet OM

LMAO..

I started the party a teency little bit earlier than this thread opened (I'm a couple of beers ahead of this party) so if I pass out feel free to decorate my face with permanent marker with some loopy design...I expect nothing less!!!

Yeahhhhh....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Right back at you

Raising a glass to you as well Cobaltic, I love your posts, and your avatar. For those that worry about time issues.

Cody

Cheers dude and yeah I always use the five O'Clock somewhere line. Unfortunately it doesn't wash with 'Er indoors, but works for me.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True it's been one hell of a year mate, for us both and for the same reason.

In 10 years I expect to be at a certain person's 18th birthday bash.

The beers will be on you

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Us oldies get the room nearer the toilet OM

LMAO..

I started the party a teency little bit earlier than this thread opened (I'm a couple of beers ahead of this party) so if I pass out feel free to decorate my face with permanent marker with some loopy design...I expect nothing less!!!

Yeahhhhh....

Oh, I've brought the Gillette buddy. Hope your not too attached to your eyebrows!!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Now THAT'S how to rock OM

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh, I've brought the Gillette buddy. Hope your not too attached to your eyebrows!!

I deliberately made his avatar without eyebrows so this could never happen

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
WOOT WOOT!!! Though Ive only been here a short time (officially), heres to many more years to come!!!

= One fer each year... So far

link   

I deliberately made his avatar without eyebrows so this could never happen

Cody

Always one step ahead, far too mistrusting of people damn you!!

link   
WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!

Does this mean that since you know where all the bones are buried there will be cool-old-timer stories later????

Will there be an open bar?

WAIT!!! WHAT???!! quick calculations......hmmmm ....since everyone will be partying this means we can post whatever we want in whatever section an a bunch of hung-over Mods won't find out till laterz.....
heheheheheheh

Now furiously folding my origami tin foil hat in the shape of a sugar-free gummy bear....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join