It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

So now you can use this thread of people disagreeing with your premise as an attack on Christianity and Christians....win/win.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
embarrassing silence of Christians

A second-century Church Father named Tertullian famously said that “the blood of martyrs is the seed of Christians,” meaning that Christianity thrives under persecution. This certainly appears to be the case now, as Christianity is flourishing, for example, in China and Africa, while growth is markedly slower in Europe and much of the first world. If current trends continue, China will have the largest Christian population of any nation in the world in just 15 years.

So as Islamic extremists try to eradicate Christianity in its birthplace, and still others attempt to stamp it out in where it is growing fastest—Africa and China—the west seems somewhat complacent, and rests on the sacrifices of prior generations. Moreover, the western response seems often what has been called the “embarrassed silence of Christians in face of anti-Christian persecution.”

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 093131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Funny how accurate those old predictions are.

Mathew 24:9
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

It's accuracy isn't because it is so prophetic, but because it is common sense. If you poke a hornets nest long enough, you're going to get stung. Repeatedly.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

What they do not mention is that Christians were thrown to the lions because they were considered atheist.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction," Rick Santorum.

It can happen quickly and history proves it does.

edit on 093131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

atheist are persecuted in certain countries too

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I'll say the same thing here as I said in the Anti-Muslim threads - it's not really the religion that is the problem. People are the problem. There are hateful, judgmental, violent people everywhere - from all religions, including atheists and agnostics - who think they know best and want everyone else to follow what they say.

I mean, who could fault "just love your God with all your heart (what you feel inside), and love your neighbor as yourself (how you treat others), and all the rest will follow"? That was Jesus' main point, and I really can't argue with that. No one could.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Being raised in a very conservative fundamentalist Baptist family; the spiritual arrogance and hypocrisy was hard to ignore.

Maybe it isn't hate of Christians so much as disdain for their ignorance of Christs teachings while claiming moral superiority.

I picked your comment out to respond to and say my piece on this thread.

I'd say there has never been a Christian on this earth who has not fallen at some point into hypocrisy, myself very much included, other than Christ. Even His right hand man Peter fell into this trap. That is the whole point of Christ for me. He came to forgive our sins and liberalise us (in the strictest meaning of the word liberalise - to set free). I know that I will never be able to live every second of every day doing exactly what Christ said to do. I make constant errors no matter how hard I try. So I try hard, but always fall short.

I, too, struggle with the way Jesus' teachings are put into practise by people. Yet if I judge them I am judging my own imperfections, too.

I want to show you the other side of Jesus here. He has shown Himself at times in the wildest hearts. I've seen unlikely people such as Jim Morrison of The Doors and Amy Winehouse wear a crucifix. The poet Rimbaud is known for being one of the craziest of poets, yet has written some of the most poignant words relating to Christ. There are lots more.

I'm quite a wild hippy character myself. I use MJ which so many Christians would hate me for. I don't have many Christian friends because I am too liberal for them. I live beneath a gay couple. Yes, right above my head my neighbours are doing you know what, but I don't judge them. They are actually pretty cool neighbours in many respects. Christ taught me "Love thy neighbour as thyself". On that basis if I am to say there is any worth in those teachings I must relate that to the way I perceive my neighbours.

I know there is a lot of bigotry in some Christians, but not all. I tried to show you that a modern Christian can still be an inclusive member of society and cosmopolitan in outlook.

Finally, I don't claim any kind of moral superiority. There are many atheists living up to Jesus better than I for sure. Yet Jesus is the most important thing in my life as a treasure.

I'm sorry that some people have had a bad experience by others using Christ in a way not to be used. Those who have suffered child abuse at the hands of priests have the most reason to despise Christianity. The OP and me are not those kind. We are more the type who really do try to put into life what Christ instructed us to do.

I just wanted you to know that we all should not be blanket judged by the actions of just a few, whose motives I would question as much as you for sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction," Rick Santorum.

have you ever read prayers of the assassin? its by robert ferrigno. the head of the cia is assassinated and as a result, half of america becomes a devoutly muslim nation and the other half devoutly christian. kind of perpetuating each other, i guess.

point being, it can go either way.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

the loudest christians are often the fakest.

let's just persecute them all shall we?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I'll say the same thing here as I said in the Anti-Muslim threads - it's not really the religion that is the problem. People are the problem. There are hateful, judgmental, violent people everywhere - from all religions, including atheists and agnostics - who think they know best and want everyone else to follow what they say.

I mean, who could fault "just love your God with all your heart (what you feel inside), and love your neighbor as yourself (how you treat others), and all the rest will follow"? That was Jesus' main point, and I really can't argue with that. No one could.
More people have died in the name of Religion than any other cause in humanity.

To me, religion is a cancer that the world needs to be rid of. Of course, I don't push that belief on others, and I have no problem with people who don't turn their beliefs into violent or judgemental action.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Strangely I agree with Santorum...and also with Sinclair lewis.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It would be nice if that was ALL Christianity was about, but sadly its not. Make it WAY easier to read the bible though.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
As an outsider of the Christian faith I can honestly say that I am thankful for the Christians I have had in my life.

I have never known any one other group of people who helped others so much. I have personal reasons to care because when I have been down and out of luck it was Christian strangers who helped me....strangers! Not my Atheist friends, or anyone else I knew but Christians who did not know me. For that I have a love for Christians that follow the Teachings of their Jesus Christ. I could never nor would I ever condemn them and show them the kind of hate as many of the other posters on here are doing.

There are bad people in every group, this is true but it is shameful when people choose to judge the whole because of the actions of a few or because of the actions that happened years/decades/even centuries ago by other people. But those people who chose to hate will sit in their hate and stew because hate is all they know, it gives them the fuel they need to get up and going each and every day.

You know what is so ironic? It really is so much easier on the heart to love rather than to hate. Hate breeds more hate and that eats away at ones heart as well as rots their minds. They will not change. Do not allow your hearts to fill up with hate as well, know that there are many people who are not Christian who will stand by your side and will not be swayed by hate.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sociologists: 'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

If this is true then why do those powerful elite keep backing Christians for public office? If they were against them as this article would lead us to believe then they would be doing everything they can to keep them out of office so they couldn't start making laws based on their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That's tough to say. Not all people are a problem, and not all religious people are a problem. It is therefor neither a condition of humanity or religion. It is stupidity that is the glaring problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

To me, religion is a cancer that the world needs to be rid of. Of course, I don't push that belief on others, and I have no problem with people who don't turn their beliefs into violent or judgemental action.

Trust me. Get rid of religion, and people will still be killing other people. They will just use something else as their rationale.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Trust me. Get rid of religion, and people will still be killing other people. They will just use something else as their rationale.
You're right about that, but without religious extremism people won't get beheaded for belief in the wrong magical sky daddy, or for choosing to educate themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

the loudest christians are often the fakest.

let's just persecute them all shall we?

just the obnoxious ones. keep it in your bedroom like the gays have to.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

That's tough to say. Not all people are a problem, and not all religious people are a problem. It is therefor neither a condition of humanity or religion. It is stupidity that is the glaring problem.

No, not all people are a problem, but all problems (conflicts) come down to people. When it comes to large scale conflicts, it usually boils down to a small group of people who want to control others. Many times they use religion as part of that control, because it's easy and powerful to many. If there were no religion, they would find something else to use.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join