It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" anti anesthetic-ers " where art thou ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Water is not 100% safe, do you expect an anti water movement somewhere?

Since "religion kills people" as do atheist governments, should people be neither?

It's really not that impressive.

Hospitals in general kill way more than anesthetics do, do you ask where the anti hospital crowd is?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

My neighbor is an anesthesiologist, and I know she is highly involved in looking for alternatives. She is using hypnosis more and more and is quite excited about the results. I suspect they just don't want to be too communicative on the dangers until they find a good substitute.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: deadeyedick

How exactly is a rare adverse reaction to a vaccine "malpractice"? You know the chances of such a reaction are less than 1 in a million, right?
adverse reactions put no responsibility on anyone but malpractice does. The only thing that would be involved in a coverup is just changing some numbers on toxicology report. These days it could be done remotely from another computer somewhere.

In highschool a friend took to much of something and he went to the hospitol because he was having an "adverse reaction"

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Why would someone's adverse reaction be malpractice?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
But there is a choice. In Chinese culture there is acupuncture, and there are a lot of papers published about electric anaesthology.
a reply to: Pardon?

Please show me where in "chinese culture" they've used acupuuncture in place of a GA.
Successfully.

And there are papers published on electric anaesthesia.
From the 1960's.
They didn't do very well.
www.bmj.com...

And there isn't a choice.
Unless you choose a sadist to do your surgery.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You have it backwards. There is a monetary benefit for hospitols to label such as an adverse reaction even if they have to lie and cover up to do so.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

money

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The only way an adverse reaction could be viewed as malpractice would be if the treatment was given when any known contraindications/allergies etc had been purposely ignored.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

I also think the amount of stress that the pain puts on your body is also a very real risk.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

The only way an adverse reaction could be viewed as malpractice would be if the treatment was given when any known contraindications/allergies etc had been purposely ignored.

or if it was just an overdose in the first place.

the term adverse reactions covers many things like an adverse reaction to a car wreck is being killed in that wreck.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You get vaccinated as a precaution for something that may or may not occur. It's a crapshoot. You get an anesthetic when something extremely painful is 100% dead-bang most assuredly about to happen to you.

So, no vaccination and maybe you'll be okay anyway. No anesthetic and screaming agony is a certainty.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are none because people are terrified of pain!

I made the mistake of saying that I was allergic to morphine because it made me so itchy, so they didn't give me any after an abdominal surgery and I was begging for it!

Pain is hard to ignore. You'll put aside almost any of your beliefs to make it go away.

One example is women who want a drug free delivery but then beg for the epidural after it's too late.
edit on 30-1-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thank you for reminding me.

There is a significant anti-anesthetic movement in birthing. Women are opting for natural childbirth all the time over using drugs.

I was not that woman. I have to opt for not using drugs in other arenas.

Q

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Anesthesia is not without it's price. Luckily, most of us never have to worry about chronic exposure.

But whenever you get "put under"...there is a little part of you that doesn't come back. I've seen it myself all too well.

Depends on what and how much they use, as well as other factors of course.

But they're leaning hard on Propofol these days (hello, Michael!). Especially when there are 'complications', they will often keep someone down for literally days.

For most folks, the 'fog' clears up a bit over the following month, but in a lot of cases that little part may simply never return. For those submitted to multiple knockouts, the effects can be cumulative.

Tradeoff: you get the medical attention that keeps you functioning, but you lose a little "you" each time you play the card.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You're not even making sense any more.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have had a few operations lately and one of them involved slicing my back open but I was concerned about the GA as it is called in this thread. So they agreed with me after many back and forth arguments about my situation. They then decided to put me into the twilight zone.....not out cold but yet not quite there.

All was fine and I was quite relaxed at the time till the scalpel or whatever hit a nerve! I jumped pretty good for somebody whom was strapped down tight. :-)

Do I regret my insistent badgering not to be put fully under? Not in the least.
Just last Thursday I had the luxury of surgery again but this was minor in comparison to the last one, however they still wanted me out cold and I again refused.

I was again in the twilight zone and when they were done with me I came around in seconds....that was a bonus to me, by time they got me back to my room I was fully aware and alert.

Interesting thread this is pro and con.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-1-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I haven't been in a hospital in 30 years. I've been to the dentist a couple times in the last 20. I took the shots instead of the gas. It's because I want to be awake. As for the vaccines, I am not putting anything in my system that lowers my resistance. There is a reason why the doctor asks you if you have taken antibiotics recently. Every time you take them, you lower your bodies natural resistance. I'm not getting a flu shot. I haven't had the flu since the 80's. It's been working for me.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There are none? I have met a hand full of "anti-anaesthetic" people, most are heavily into their martial arts (both the physical and spiritual sides) and one just recently had a knee reconstruction with no general or local anaesthetic. Yes I have some crazy friends.

Personally, I a pro-opiate and I think these people are missing out on a good thing. I love it when the anaesthetists cant get me to go under and have to dose me with mass amounts of fentenol.

In fact, I know its a little off topic but I think opiates should be compulsory instead of vaccines, lets shoot school children up with heroin because its has never caused autism and makes you feel all warm and huggy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It was comforting when going under GA 3 years ago to have the doctor tell me they had no idea still how it actually works, then knock me out wild eyed and terrified.

They also on the second round gave me the Rohypnol type drug relaxant before full GA and apparently I was asking the nurses if they knitted, the doctor if he was Jewish, circumcised and single.
No memory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join