It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction of attack or coincidences combined?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I need to preface this with the statement that I am not convinced on the ability of those who call themselves psychic or those who claim to be able to predict the future. I will say, however, that the Human brain takes in billions of pieces of information each day which are not available to our conscious mind, and as our basic instinct is for survival I do believe that the Human brain would use all available data to increase our chances of survival.

It seems reasonable to me that the brain would run through potential threats subconsciously - as happens in times of extreme threat where almost "superhuman" responses are seen - and "warn" of things to avoid. I don't know how something in a distant place can be considered a threat to me, but I'm not here to try to explain these things, I'm just curious about the coincidences and the paths these things seem to lead me.

So, there's my scientific rational for what I want to share with you.

-----
It's lame to start this off retelling a vivid dream I had, but that's what happened. I can't remember all of it, but the final moments are the most vivid. I actually woke up angry and ready to fight. Do you ever have that feeling when you wake up from a dream and you want to get back into it? That's what happened. I was damn angry and I wanted to get back and fight. It's ridiculous of course, but just as you sometimes feel angry at a friend when you dream about them betraying you, even though you know it's not real, it still gets you riled up.

So I remember that I was at some kind of event in an open space, it was quite cold and I was with friends. An argument broke out between some of us, but this was shortly interrupted by a loud rushing sound.

We witnessed a large rocket fly past, very low, and an explosion occurred. Before anyone says it, I know that seeing a rocket flying low to the ground toward a target is ridiculous, but please remember this is a dream. I don't remember much about where it hit, other than there ere buildings there.

Needless to say our group ran, and we ran out onto what appeared to be a boulevard with trees and buildings either side. Another loud rush of air was heard and another large black and grey rocket flew past us, straight up the boulevard and toward the tallest Oak tree I have ever seen. I mean this thing was massive, impossibly tall, but very much recognizable as an Oak tree.

Another explosion occurred in the distance, where the tree seemed to be at a junction at the end of the street.

There was a lot of screaming and shouting, people running everywhere. To the right side of us there was a group of young men in grey military uniforms running behind a metal railing, down toward what looked like a small round concrete structure, like a sunken outdoor theatre. For some reason seeing them running angered me and I ran towards them screaming at them to stop this, to do something and "stop them from coming" - I don't know what this meant, but I remember saying it and I remember hearing them speaking in an Eastern European language as they ran away. I can only assume that this was about something I am now forgetting from earlier in the dream.

As the men ran down toward the circular structure in what looked like a park, I woke up.

-----

Now, please remember that I do not immediately believe in the ability to "predict" and I am not saying this is a prediction of anything, I just thought that what I then found was fascinating. Of course the things going on right now have my attention, but I deliberately avoided immediately thinking that and spent some time investigating other possible paths while searching.

The first thing I did was search for nations or regions who use Oak trees as a symbol. There are a lot of mentions. Interestingly, several of these are Eastern European.

I clicked through to a Wikipedia page which detailed the most notable trees from around the world...

Most notable trees

Paying attention to the Eastern European connection I found several entries which I clicked through and checked, including Serbia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Poland... the one to catch my eye was, perhaps predictably, Poltava, Ukraine.

I ran a Google search on Poltava Oak (the name of the notable tree) and while I intended to hit images, I hit map by accident. I was led to the map of Poltava Ukraine and immediately saw Concord Mall (which I mistook for a road rather than an actual shopping mall - the word mall isn't common here in the UK unless you're talking about a street - or boulevard - in London), perhaps meaningless, but it grabbed my attention and made me want to investigate this area a little more.

The park at the end of the street where Concord Mall lies is called Korpusnyi sad, and in the middle is a tall monolith dedicated to something.

I did a little checking and it turns out Korpusnyi sad is a park built in memory of a battle:

It is a place where the Russian army of Tsar Peter I has defeated combined forces of Swedish and Ukrainian Cossacks under the leadership of Hetman Ivan Mazepa. The Glory Obelisk was erected in the centre of Korpusnyi Sad in honour of the 100th anniversary of the victory in this battle.

Source: Ukrainian tourism information

This is the administrative hub of the city, and includes the following buildings around the park:

City Hall
Ivan Kotlyarevs’kyi Cinema
Council of Trade Unions
Poltava Art School
Surface-to-Air Missile College

According to this source, this park is an important representation of this major battle between the Russians and the Ukrainian/Swedish Cossacks.

I started looking around the map of this area and you'll recall that I was at some kind of event in an open space when the first attack took place, before we ran along the road and passed the park where the men dressed in grey were. On the map you'll see a straight road from the park to another park. Zhovtneva Street runs between Korpusnyi Sad and another park, on the left and right of this street there are two more parks opposite each other, one with a round fountain.

There's another straight road to the park called Monastyrs'ka St, and this too has what looks like a park or a garden with a circular shape in it, but I'm unable to find any more information or views of this.

Running from the north down to the park is Teatral'na St, with a stadium on its right hand side.

-----

Once again, I want to stress that I do not instantly believe in these things, and I have no explanation. What I do know is that I felt compelled to investigate this, more for interest than belief, and the coincidences I found really fascinated me, to the point where I felt compelled to share them.

So, there you go, I have more that I might have stumbled on while looking into this, but that deserves a lot more studying before I get into that, and I'm not sure this is the right place to share that either.

I know a lot of this could be considered coincidence, and perhaps if I thought it was a tree other than an Oak tree I might have gone down a completely different path and found coincidences for a completely different place. As it is, this is what I have, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that the BBC is reporting heavy fighting in Debaltseve. Looking on a map, Poltava is the largest city in direct line and in the middle between Debaltseve and Kyiv.

Just thought I would mention that as I found it to be interesting strategically. There's also an unconfirmed report that the Rebels have seized the town of Vuhlehirsk to the West of Debaltseve.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I believe much as you do that the human mind is not capable of accurately making predictions. That said though, you are right. Our minds do pick up on data all the time, both consciously and unconsciously and is capable of connecting the dots on the occasion. I think of it as "Seeing the writing on the wall." and as such humans are capable of occasionally accurately predicting an event before it happens.

As for the rockets you saw, they could very well have been cruise missiles as they do fly low and are observable, whereas rockets usually come in from a high angle of attack and the first time you realize that they are inbound are the explosions.

The Ukraine is pretty hard to ignore right now no matter how much you try. People talk, news snippets are always on through TV and radio and you unconsciously hear all that.

I think that you had a pretty accurate dream there of what may, or may not, (though I doubt that) happen.

join