It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Law according to Jesus - GIVING to others

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Matthew 7:12

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:30

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Mark 9:35

And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

It may seem difficult but it brings joy and with God anything is possible.

Remember: Love is patient, kind, ans not self-seeking.

It is a practice. It is bearing The Cross to follow Christ. Jesus said to pick up YOUR Cross and follow him.

We do not live to serve ourselves but to serve others.

May God The Father and Jesus the Christ help you to understand this truth which the flesh against The Spirit hates.

Please continue to pray for others to love their neighbour as themselves, humbly, and to treat others as they would like to be treated in every situation.

God is LOVE. Let's worship his Spirit by living through His Holy Spirit instead of the flesh against the Spirit.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Amen.

May Jesus Bless and keep you.

Missie

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

I GIVE you a star.

Love and peace....I don't pray so that is all i have, hope it works.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Very inspiring words. I will remember this when I deal with a situation I'm experiencing right now. It's a hard road, but Christ said it wasn't going to be easy.

Thanks, star and flag.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Tell that to the Catholic church with all their horded wealth over the years. Or the televangelist preachers with giant mansions paid for with tithes from their parishioners while they pretend to "heal" people.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Some wonderful threads you've been making. To me this is more important than faith, though not entirely, Faith in a religious meme perhaps, but usually, no matter what a person's views on religion, faith in Good, in soul evolution is not strictly a belief in religious figure heads or religious institutions. And it is the foundation needed to traverse the world and to lose fear of it over us, so we don't let it prevent us from speaking up or acting at times.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Share what you have. Help where you can. And do it without worrying about the tax write-off. Do it simply because it needs doing. It doesn't matter exactly how you share or give what you have so long as you do.

Too many people forget about it or never think to do it. Simple things to the big showy ones.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Tell that to the Catholic church with all their horded wealth over the years. Or the televangelist preachers with giant mansions paid for with tithes from their parishioners while they pretend to "heal" people.

Yes and here is one of my favourite poems written by the great French poet Arthur Rimbaud:

EVIl (by Arthur Rimbaud)

While the red-stained mouths of machine guns ring
Across the infinite expanse of day;
While red or green, before their posturing King,
The massed battalions break and melt away;

And while a monstrous frenzy runs a course
That makes of a thousand men a smoking pile-
Poor fools! - dead, in summer, in the grass,
On Nature's breast, who meant these men to smile;

There is a God, who smiles upon us through
The gleam of gold, the incense-laden air,
Who drowses in a cloud of murmured prayer,

And only wakes when weeping mothers bow
Themselves in anguish, wrapped in old black shawls-
And their last small coin into his coffer falls.

In response to your comment I think I need explain no more why I posted this poem. It is so poignant. I am a follower of Jesus and no fan of SOME of those TV Evangelists. They are well corrupt, so many scandals. I question the adornments and riches of Churches. Christ did not say "It is easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter The Kingdom of Heaven" for no reason.

That poem reminds me of what truly impresses the God of Jesus. That poem I view almost as being prophetic because these days here in the UK the congregations of Churches are very much held together by older women of faith. Go into any Church here and you will know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

God is LOVE.

Weren't you the one that said god was light in 4 threads? Which is it...light or love?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
God is light and love, may he be with us all even them that are blinded to the truth. S n F peace

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The flesh against the spirit is one sided. There is also the spirit against the flesh. It is seen in things like virsus and untimly death in general. There is a war going on.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But yet the same guys in the olé congress will say we are a christian nation and in the same breath cut welfare and give tax breaks to the wealthy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Matthew 7:12

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:30

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

Mark 9:35

And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

It may seem difficult but it brings joy and with God anything is possible.

Remember: Love is patient, kind, ans not self-seeking.

It is a practice. It is bearing The Cross to follow Christ. Jesus said to pick up YOUR Cross and follow him.

We do not live to serve ourselves but to serve others.

May God The Father and Jesus the Christ help you to understand this truth which the flesh against The Spirit hates.

Please continue to pray for others to love their neighbour as themselves, humbly, and to treat others as they would like to be treated in every situation.

God is LOVE. Let's worship his Spirit by living through His Holy Spirit instead of the flesh against the Spirit.

Why do you quote Jesus in all of this and then quote Paul, whom you don't particularly like?

God is love, but God is also a man of war. God is also a consuming fire.

How about this, as Jesus referenced Elijah quite a bit and was transfigured on the mountain with Moses and Elijah, may I be permitted now to use a quote from Elijah?

Let the God that rains fire down from heaven be God.

You have only looked at one aspect and yet love isn't the only character of God.

Yes, loving and giving, two things that Jesus did on this earth, but when He comes back, it isn't going to be for giving and loving, because He will have that rod of iron which He will rule the nations with.

"And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, with which He will smite the nations".

If you believe the words in red, then the words in red in Revelation should be heard as well.

"I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end".

The war of the flesh and spirit, from Paul.

God's law according to Jesus, give while you are here to give, but be sure that giving isn't all that you do. Have faith that your giving in done in love, but love isn't just giving. Parents who love their children don't just give and give and give without discipline. Good parents also reprimand their children and do not give them things they don't really need or are harmful to them. As Jesus referenced God as the Father, which was throughout the OT, then as God is our Father, and we are to do what He expects, loving people means that you also save them from danger by not letting them play in traffic.

But as giving has been deified to the point that you are ok as long as you give, then that's all there is to it, no, not by a long shot. But in this world of "do what thou wilt", effectively tying the arms of real obligations, the ones you should be really giving to according to James (you quoted Paul twice, so I will reference James), you should be visiting the orphans and widows who are widows indeed, that's pure religion and undefiled before God.

God is more than love. Would to God people understood this.

Revelation 2 16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Repentance, the very first message Jesus preached coming out of the wildnerness.

The Gospel according to Jesus...repent, and sin no more. The words in red, sure are hard to take sometimes, but if you quote one, you have to quote all because now you are obligated to all the words in red.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Beautifully put, thank you and god bless you.
God gave enough for this world to be a paradise but man has turned it into a hell, only by following christ can they come to the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

God gave enough for this world to be a paradise but man has turned it into a hell, only by following christ can they come to the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Only by KNOWING Christ can one come to the truth.

Ye shall KNOW the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Unless you KNOW the One who is Truth, you can't know truth, all you have is an idea of truth.

Why don't people understand that they can KNOW the Eternal, Living Christ right now?

He is alive as we speak.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I haven't always had an easy life.. and honestly.. there were times I couldn't afford food - and it was during those times that I went to this mission and got hot good food.. ate good too..

and it was nun's who fed me, even though I didn't share the same faith.. it was nun's who provided what I couldn't in my greatest hour of need.

They didn't preach to me, or judge me.. they simply gave me a nice plate of food with a smile, and once or twice a hug..
edit on 30-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I haven't always had an easy life.. and honestly.. there were times I couldn't afford food - and it was during those times that I went to this mission and got hot good food.. ate good too..

and it was nun's who fed me, even though I didn't share the same faith.. it was nun's who provided what I couldn't in my greatest hour of need.

They didn't preach to me, or judge me.. they simply gave me a nice plate of food with a smile, and once or twice a hug..

If I knew you, I would have fed you. I would have hugged you too.

Not all Christians are the same, but those who are honest, let's remember those.

Remember Les Miserables? It was the priest who let Jean Valjean get by with stealing, and then gave him more on top of it, and the very secular law who sentenced prisoners to death or life in prison in South America, it wasn't Christian law that did that, it was the secular law of France's Enlightened Age.

Les Miserables...look down, look down upon your fellow man. That's the meaning of the secular law. Les Miserables was against social hypocrisy of the Enlightened Age of Reason that let suffering people die. That's the meaning of the law. Victor Hugo knew what was going on in France. The very secular law forced Fantine into her position and then punished her for it.

The SECULAR law did that and Victor Hugo exposed it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wonder why churches all go for tax free status then...
Seems if they are all about helping people and taxes go to just that, they would be all about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

This is true actually about secular law..

When I first got hurt and couldn't work, because I owned my home and land they refused to give me and my children even food stamps..

I was permenantly disabled, yet disability told me I had to be disabled for two years before I could get my first disability check.. this was AFTER they approved my disability (there was no real fighting that.. I was in a wheelchair and a complete mess and my doctors, all of them, said 100% disabled)

Yet for two years from the state I couldn't get a penny.. worked my whole life, paid into the system, and had to beg for food and necessities for my children and myself to make it until I could start getting disability checks..couldn't even get food stamps for goodness sake.. they never would approve me, and I applied more than once!

I made it until my kids were grown and gone, barely and by the skin of my teeth, but after they were gone I had struggled so long on next to nothing and had gotten so deep into debt from which there was no return I ended up homeless..

thank God I made it until they were gone.. but I ended up starting from scratch again, and disabled to boot, because there wasn't any help from these agencies we spend our lives paying into..

it sucks.. and its wrong.. I say if no one can actually get help when they desperately need it, then why on earth do we even pay into all this?
edit on 30-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join