It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commissioner Bratton Unveils Plans For New High-Tech Anti-Terror Police Unit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
NYPD Police Commissioner Bill Bratton has announced his plans to create a new specialized unit. This units goal?

The unit of 350 cops will be specially trained in high-tech weaponry to deal with protests, “lone wolf” attacks and evolving threats posed by terrorists, CBS2’s Marcia Kramer reported.

The Strategic Response Group, Bratton said, will be dedicated to “disorder control and counterterrorism protection capabilities.”

I'm simply amazed. Following the events in Ferguson, New York, and other places where there has recently been high tensions among civilians and law enforcement that many believe to be excessively militarized, we have a Police Commissioner creating a new militarized police unit. Aren't the situations mentioned for which this unit is being created, the purpose of the National Guard, FBI, and/or Homeland Security?

Is this a further encroaching police state or a necessary form of national security?

Source

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Just where are all these terrorist at trying to kill me lol
I dont see them ......you know im starting to think they dont exist

So to say i need all this police protection to keep terrorist away is the same logic as
red shoe strings keeps tigers away .........and you know what i dont see any tigers trying to kill me so it must be working

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Do you have anymore red shoe strings?

# now I'm terrified over here just waiting for some tiger to eat me

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MarxMarvellous

yes but they are 20 $ a pair a small price to pay for your saftey wouldnt you say lol

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
High tech weaponry to deal with americans exercising their right to protest? If that isn't a wake up call to all the people who think enemies of our freedom is over in the middle east, nothing will be...... Wakey wakey guys, our freedoms need some fighting for at home.
edit on Fri, 30 Jan 2015 01:41:06 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

Just where are all these terrorist at trying to kill me lol
I dont see them ......you know im starting to think they dont exist

So to say i need all this police protection to keep terrorist away is the same logic as
red shoe strings keeps tigers away .........and you know what i dont see any tigers trying to kill me so it must be working

I have met many people who believe quite literally that there are terrorists planning to kill them around every corner.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You meet a lot of idiots then.....?
This is just more blatant preparation for totalitarian control of America....
The flimsy twisted logic is poor explanation for it....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This unit is to be armed with rifles and machine guns.

TPM

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I expect the staff of this new unit will be off to the NYPD's Israel office for exchange and training duties. Get them all fully with the programme and a bit of practice at beating up and shooting unarmed people.

Didn't know they had an Israeli office? See below:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Kinda begs the question, just what is their jurisdiction and who are they working for again?

The Terrorism "threat" is a BIG money pit and gets a lot of taxpayer money thrown at it. This just more of the boys acting out their fantasies getting all dressed up to go fight terrorists (that don't exist) and getting their jollies inflicting hurt on others. Only the most psychopathic will make it through the selection process.
edit on 509Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:13:02 -06001331500000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

They exist to protect Wall Street, generate revenue and pull an occasional false flag to keep people afraid.

Defund them now before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The SS are here. If you think it can't happen here, you have Stockholm Syndrome. The nation needs to get a handle on this ASAP. Slap these bastards down before it grows to a city near you. As for the guy that asked me who do I think should protect Americans against terrorism. The National Guard. The police already have APC's with sound cannons. SWAT is a good pick also. I guess you like having the military on the streets. What's next, are they going to ask you for your papers? I'll keep my eye wide open before settling into a comfort zone. If I didn't learn anything about history, I might be like you. I'm sure Germany didn't see it coming either.
edit on 30-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

As for the guy that asked me who do I think should protect Americans against terrorism. The National Guard

That would be in response to me,

So let me get this right.

You are opposed to the police having what you would describe as a "militarized counter-terrorism unit" yet when i ask you who then you think the role of CT should fall to you point to the "national gaurd".... the military.

please tell me you can see the hypocrisy in this logic.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

As for the guy that asked me who do I think should protect Americans against terrorism. The National Guard

That would be in response to me,

So let me get this right.

You are opposed to the police having what you would describe as a "militarized counter-terrorism unit" yet when i ask you who then you think the role of CT should fall to you point to the "national gaurd".... the military.

please tell me you can see the hypocrisy in this logic.

The guard only gets called when there is a REAL problem. They don't police the streets daily. That's the difference. I'm sure you can relate to that, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here's why you don't want the police militarized. Because things can progress into a Nazi Police State. Someone will have that power and abuse it further on down the road. You keep thinking this isn't #. It's your freedom at stake.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They took your privacy in the name of terrorism. They might as well take the rest of your freedom if you let them. I'd push the envelope also. If people are stupid enough to go with it maybe they do need to be told what to do and think.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Why does it not suprise me that the police state starts in new York.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The guard only gets called when there is a REAL problem. They don't police the streets daily. That's the difference. I'm sure you can relate to that, right?

You do realise that you are saying that you would support suspending posse comitatus rather than have a dedicated counter terrorism unit?

Also as far as I am aware the National Guard does not have a counter terrorism capability that could combat say a hostage situation in a school, I do know that the Civil defence teams can assist the police but that is about it.
edit on 30-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You do realize having paramilitary groups, armed with machine guns, as part of the police force permanently is doing away with posse comitatus altogether?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You do realise that you are saying that you would support suspending posse comitatus rather than have a dedicated counter terrorism unit?

NDAA took care of Posse Comitatus already. Martial Law worked in the past. I refuse to bend over. Get this out of my country. NOW!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

NDAA took care of Posse Comitatus already. Martial Law worked in the past. I refuse to bend over. Get this out of my country. NOW

Do you actually know what you are talking about???

Posse Comitatus is in effect right now.

If you were to abandon civil counter-terrorism units and rely on the National Guard (who don't actually have a unit with the full range of CT capabilities) Posse Comitatus would have to be suspended, thus creating true martial law.

Your argument and points of view have no logic to them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join