It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i gave up the idea of saying i am exclusively vegetarian. or exclusively a vegan. I now eat a plant based diet.

i feel that anything to the extreme is not feasible. as a vegetarian you are going to come across meat inherently at one point or another even if it happens to be a bug or a spider that comes into contact with your salad.

there is no way to be perfect.

when i transitioned from becoming vegetarian to becoming vegan once upon a time i still had a a very nice car with leather seats in it. boots made of leather. bags that i had for years that were made from animal products. it just got to the point where i thought what a struggle this is. and im basically a hypocrite for not being perfectly animal free...

i would say that my views have changed. i have eaten meat. but rarely. it is only in a celebratory setting and mostly seafood such as shrimp which is my fav.

i PERSONALLY have much more energy now then before. i am strong and have built muscle after being frail and inherently under eating as a vegan. i appreciate the protein i am getting now. i try not to waste foods i try to buy more organic whole foods and express gratitude to animal which died to become the source of my nourishment.

i believe gratitude is important. i believe the native americans had it spot on when they would use every single bit of the animal and hold a ceremony for the dead animal that was now becoming a part of them and providing them with food, fuel and nourishment.

i also believe factory farming is wrong. i believe gmos are wrong. i believe are whole entire food system in america especially is disgustingly flawed. if it were cleaned up and done the right way it would benefit us tremendously..

i believe that going to the extreme with any food choice only works to put you out of balance. i believe that thinking you are going to be perfect is not natural. i believe that being grateful and eating a plant based diet is the way to contentment in life.

so simply put seek balance not an extreme. and be grateful for all types of food that you put into your body. that is it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
i gave up the idea of saying i am exclusively vegetarian. or exclusively a vegan. I now eat a plant based diet.

i feel that anything to the extreme is not feasible. as a vegetarian you are going to come across meat inherently at one point or another even if it happens to be a bug or a spider that comes into contact with your salad.

there is no way to be perfect.

when i transitioned from becoming vegetarian to becoming vegan once upon a time i still had a a very nice car with leather seats in it. boots made of leather. bags that i had for years that were made from animal products. it just got to the point where i thought what a struggle this is. and im basically a hypocrite for not being perfectly animal free...

i would say that my views have changed. i have eaten meat. but rarely. it is only in a celebratory setting and mostly seafood such as shrimp which is my fav.

i PERSONALLY have much more energy now then before. i am strong and have built muscle after being frail and inherently under eating as a vegan. i appreciate the protein i am getting now. i try not to waste foods i try to buy more organic whole foods and express gratitude to animal which died to become the source of my nourishment.

i believe gratitude is important. i believe the native americans had it spot on when they would use every single bit of the animal and hold a ceremony for the dead animal that was now becoming a part of them and providing them with food, fuel and nourishment.

i also believe factory farming is wrong. i believe gmos are wrong. i believe are whole entire food system in america especially is disgustingly flawed. if it were cleaned up and done the right way it would benefit us tremendously..

i believe that going to the extreme with any food choice only works to put you out of balance. i believe that thinking you are going to be perfect is not natural. i believe that being grateful and eating a plant based diet is the way to contentment in life.

so simply put seek balance not an extreme. and be grateful for all types of food that you put into your body. that is it.

I think what your saying is really good! Thanks for sharing your story.

I too have a plant based diet, if there was a way to survive and not eat other beings I would like to try it. For now there isnt another way so I eat my tofu and salads from day to day. I look foward to a day when we can have foods that dont cause suffering in some form or another.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The Japanese have developed a method for synthesizing meat from feces. Perhaps we should give that a spin, since we are so full of it as species.
edit on 7-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The Japanese have developed a method for synthesizing meat from feces. Perhaps we should give that a spin, since we are so full of it as species.

Then we could really tell people to eat sh#t and die, quite literaly!

made me think of the poopoo craze going on in some parts of Asia!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
Seems as though you don't understand the reasoning behind non-violent diet choices. Like I said, you're raised to think that way and not much anyone can do to reason with you.

Seems as though you don't understand that everything you eat takes away from something else.

Would you care to have a discussion or just keep ignoring what I actually have written in this thread?

It's pretty easy to eat what earth provides for us without killing. You can eat the produce from a plant without killing it. Now technology allows us to replicate any type of food we want without killing.

I've gotten a bunch of replies from people who don't understand the point of non-violent diet choices. It's not a difficult thing to understand. I just don't feel the need to debate with people who are too simple minded to see the point of OP's post.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
evolution has already worked out what our species should be eating in order to survive.

unless you can prove a different model refuting evolution, then you can question the morality of nature.
edit on 8-11-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 43  44  45   >>

join