It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by Forensick removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Actually we have a moral obligation to eat animals if we didn't the animal population would boom.

It's the balance of nature.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I think it all boils down to the experience of suffering, and not necessarily to the taking of life, especially plants or seeds/grains. just saying we should have consideration for suffering.

This is only my opinion of course, but I suspect grains and seeds do not experience suffering when you eat or cook them.

Listen I eat meat too. My reasoning is that I am not going to suffer in order to avoid meat altogether, but I try to be reasonable with how much and what I eat. I try to throw in legumes/beans (like soy bean products and eggs into my diet for protein also, so I am not always causing the slaughter of some animal.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Can you or anyone recommend a good source of buying veg-meat?

..Or any good brands?

Also how you prepare the stuff?

Morningstar Original Grillers are a good start for burgers or fillings for meat burritos and such.

Can crumble them up to make ground beef like sauces too.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Sounds delicious

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Sounds delicious

Thank you for sharing!

Ive tricked friends into thinking they were real burgers with them too, and they were none the wiser. Then when I told them they were eating vegi food they still didnt believe me, the were like you eat meat this isnt vegi food! Lolz that was a fun party. . . .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I call BS

I have had those morning star grillers and they dont taste ANYTHING like real meat , and the consistency isnt even close.....

If youre friends thought that was meat then they are use to eating some really really really crappy quality beef.....

2. Being Vegan doesnt give anyone any moral high ground for anything....its a food choice, not transcendence, nor does it make you on par with the Dali Lama or any other person whose actually done actual things that have a bearing on morality

3. Many of us out there actually raise , and slaughter our own meat sources......we know where it comes from and what it takes..

4. Not everyone has the same dietary standards......trying to put everyone on a vegan diet would be a disaster....

5. BACON
edit on 1/30/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
One thing people that don't eat meat forget. If it was not for us eating meat them animals would probably be extinct or endangered. When was the last time you seen a wild cow or sheep or any food animal. And all the studys that prove plants feel pain and communicat with each other why should we only eat them. Because man said it's not as important as man is. Sorry I respect anything I eat plant or animal I know both gave life for me to eat

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Number 5 is the most important.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Number 5 is the most important.

For you my friend

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have never been a militant vegetarian, my one vice - smoking...which tends to attract militant non-smokers, many of whom are addicted to meat (in my experience, and because it tends to be a point of amusement to them) I am reminded of the garbage argument that I'm poisoning their air, childrens air etc etc etc...
My response is to remind them of their hypocritical comment, and point them to the stats associated with the production of meat - and to consider who is depriving whom of ozone...

...immoral?
I'd chalk it down to a personal preference that is wreaking its own havoc on the planet.

Å99

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Frigg'n awesome.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I think it all boils down to the experience of suffering, and not necessarily to the taking of life, especially plants or seeds/grains. just saying we should have consideration for suffering.

This is only my opinion of course, but I suspect grains and seeds do not experience suffering when you eat or cook them.

Listen I eat meat too. My reasoning is that I am not going to suffer in order to avoid meat altogether, but I try to be reasonable with how much and what I eat. I try to throw in legumes/beans (like soy bean products and eggs into my diet for protein also, so I am not always causing the slaughter of some animal.

Well its also a question of morality and the golden rule of, "Do onto others as we would have them do onto us."

If people are just eating meat because it tasts good would they eat human flesh as well?

Would many consider that immoral?

Alot of the arguments are that it tastes good, we are stronger, survival of the fittest, we are smarter, it was written in a book that god said it was cool, so we can eat them.

Well if the same was said of humans would people eat each other?
Or if another more advanced race showed up would we think its moral for them to eat us because they are more advanced?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Have you ever stopped to ask them? No, I did not think so!

I try to throw in legumes/beans (like soy bean products and eggs into my diet for protein also, so I am not always causing the slaughter of some animal.

Yet you are happy to slaughter some poor defenceless legume or bean.... you bastard.
edit on 30-1-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

eggs into my diet for protein also, so I am not always causing the slaughter of some animal.

I am glad you are able to take a moderate path.

Eating eggs though is really like eating babies. You may have a valid argument if you retort that the eggs are not fertilized of course.

Look, I am happy if the OP wants to to be a veg guy. I want him to be happy and this makes him happy then great.

But as I have said earlier, I object when he believes that we should all do it his way.

This entire thread is an attempt at conversion to his way of thinking via a guilt trip and I object strongly to that.

We are animals and we are designed to eat other animals.

If anyone is unhappy about that, take it up with God.

He will not listen to you though. He is OK with killing everything on the planet minus his pets in a boat.

I for one am very unhappy that he forgot about the Unicorns and the Dragons. I get very upset at this.

P

edit on 30/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I call BS
I have had those morning star grillers and they dont taste ANYTHING like real meat , and the consistency isnt even close.....
If youre friends thought that was meat then they are use to eating some really really really crappy quality beef.....
2. Being Vegan doesnt give anyone any moral high ground for anything....its a food choice, not transcendence, nor does it make you on par with the Dali Lama or any other person whose actually done actual things that have a bearing on morality
3. Many of us out there actually raise , and slaughter our own meat sources......we know where it comes from and what it takes..
4. Not everyone has the same dietary standards......trying to put everyone on a vegan diet would be a disaster....
5. BACON

I am not claiming to be transendant or any such thing, this is a question of morality.

Call BS if you want too doesnt matter to me, I also did the same with some vegi hot dogs forgot which brand it was a while ago, but friends were like what these arent hot dogs? Of course I seasoned them with garlic powder and stuff but they couldnt tell is the point.

The point of the thread is if you dont need to raise and slaughter animals or even eat animals, then why do it?

As to many peoples love of bacon im sure with proper seasoning people would be just as delicious as any other animal flesh.
edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

im sure with proper seasoning people would be just as delicious as any other animal flesh.

What, thread not going where you wanted it to go so you now indirectly tell us we are all cannibals.

That is stooping pretty low.

P

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The rich want us to eat the Soylent Green-kind of food, leaving the real meat for them.

At least that is the impression I get from media coverage.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

im sure with proper seasoning people would be just as delicious as any other animal flesh.

What, thread not going where you wanted it to go so you now indirectly tell us we are all cannibals.
That is stooping pretty low.P

Dude WTF are you talking about I am not calling you cannibals.
However animal meat and human meat are more similar than different, we have all the same parts and genes, so I would imagine we taste the same.

I am saying with proper seasoning im pretty sure human meat would be just as good as bacon.

Yet it would be considered immoral correct, however most of the posts in this thread have been that its just for the taste of it.

edit on 30-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Well its also a question of morality and the golden rule of, "Do onto others as we would have them do onto us."

If people are just eating meat because it tasts good would they eat human flesh as well?

Would many consider that immoral?

Alot of the arguments are that it tastes good, we are stronger, survival of the fittest, we are smarter, it was written in a book that god said it was cool, so we can eat them.

Well if the same was said of humans would people eat each other?
Or if another more advanced race showed up would we think its moral for them to eat us because they are more advanced?

Now your being silly.

Search Creutzfeld-Jacob disease or kuru.
edit on 30-1-2015 by thesaneone because: To add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join