It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aliens and UFO forum seems to be less active than in the past

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

What good is a Conspiracy forum if you don't have that balance between believer and skeptic/debunker? When or if that pendulum tilts too far in either direction, then all you're left with is a very dry and boring forum. It turns into a huge Kumbaya fest.

i think the believers shouldn't be too hard on the skeptics - they want to believe in something - they're just not smart enough to have figured out what yet

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Baddogma

He who shall not be named did ruin things didn't he?

In one fell swoop he confirmed that aliens didn't visit us because they didn't know we were here. Confirmed Gods existence. Quite offhandedly btw. That we have a colony on another planet. Then told us there are aliens out there who were surprised we even existed.

So all the stuff you see flying about is just Top Secret government craft..... that's why I now mostly hand out in the airplane forum.

Life is dull now.

Um, what???? Who is this he who is not to be named, and if he says aliens didn't visit us, he's out to lunch and serving some agenda.

To anyone who has experience or contact, there is no questions about the reality of the situation and what we're in here on earth.
And anyone supposedly "in the know" who delivers nonsense, is strictly on agenda.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Mianeye

Blinded by belief? I have seen people simply bringing unseen stories footage or personal evidence here and being laughed off the boards. No constructive criticism here, complete destruction to the degree that never again will information be shared by such people. If that is the goal, well played.

This right here, bang on the money. Someone brings a video or a photograph, then within ten minutes the same people come along say oh no that was debunked, no link to debunking or to a theory or anything, and that's it, it's taken as gospel that the debunking was correct. Thus is the end of that thread.
edit on 30-1-2015 by pr0ph3t because: Only Quote, no message

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pr0ph3t

Show me examples (links) of that I don't believe you.
edit on 1-30-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
JMO here but the biggest turn-off for me has been the endless bickering of what happened in the 1940's. That was 70 yrs ago and at this point is neither here nor there. It's a time suck to dissect over & over. The bigger question is why aren't newer cases coming to light, and if they are why are they dismissed?

Secondly is the absolute relentless attention paid to people like General Alexander and the hundreds of others who "used" to be insiders, who "used" to be in the know, who are blatantly playing games with the release of information.....meh.Either spit it out...or go play games somewhere else. From what I've seen nothing they have said is either earth shattering or particularly relevant anymore to NOW.

I see the value in their version of the "historical" in Ufology, but it's ancient history now. Their time has passed and where are the new whistle-blowers? New UFO crashes? New physical evidence? It would stand to reason that events are ongoing and by re-hashing the past CONSTANTLY not only are we collectively "stuck" it's a massive turn off for the younger folks coming up behind us.

Now that I'm apparently on a tangent.....some of the pictures and some of the video's are pretty good. What I see immediately is a pile on of it's CGI, it's a backlit contrail....it's whatever. In some cases it may be more beneficial to take the position "I don't know what you saw, wasn't there, but lets scour the Net and see if there were corroborating reports from that area?" before we go all BS dude!!!

Maybe it was something misidentified, but maybe it really was something out of the ordinary. No one here assists in corroborating, JUST debunking. Looking at it that way, how can we say we are actually doing our "due diligence" in denying ignorance? In fact no one is actively looking to see if in a specific area there are other occurrences of high strangeness when someone reports a "sighting". It's been my experience whether related or not these things "seem" to go hand in hand, we would build a larger picture of what's happening, patterns, anecdotal evidence etc....
The kind of data profiles that should be more useful than what we're currently doing.

What's the definition of insanity? .....oh yeah....doing it the way we've always done expecting different results.

It's WAAAAAAY past time for new approaches to the topic of Aliens & UFO's.

This is either a "fluid" field of study or it isn't, but we aren't going to know until we shift off our collective butts and
get more innovative. We're the ones who want to know out of the general population so the burden is ON US together to move things forward.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
When you get staunch skeptics and staunch believers in the same room together, bad things will eventually happen. Its just how it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think it's down to a few things:

1) The sheer craziness and brutality in the world at the moment and for the last couple of years, ISIS, beheadings and the economy & global situation, both politically and economically.

2) The fact that 90% of videos (and in fact sightings) are garbage & hoaxes and ATS was spammed with this crap for a good few years, people got weary and are now as a consequence far more Skeptical.

3) There are so few cases and sightings that are actually worthy of investigation and time, that once you've spent any amount of time in the Aliens & UFO board you fairly quickly run out of things to view and discuss.

4) The charlatans, lunatics and ego-maniacs that populate ufology is a huge turn off.
So many are just in it for the fame & money and so, so few genuinely care or want to find real evidence.
It's as bad as reality tv & soaps most of the time, it's embarrassing.

I'm sure there are many factors and reasons for the slump but these would be my guess.
edit on 1-2-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join