It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #35: The Anti-Vaccination Movement and the Measles Outbreak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I reserve the right NOT to have mercury injected into me or mine.

You took in more mercury during the last 48 hours of breathing than that vaccine would ever have. And, that is based on the low end estimates for airborne mercury.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
*holds breath while putting down the can of tuna*

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
Interestingly enough I just stumbled upon this article at Forbes. Measles Can Kill, And It's Spreading. Sue Parents Who Didn't Vaccinate? Absolutely.

How does that work? How can a vaccinated kid get infected if he/she is vaccinated?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
*holds breath while putting down the can of tuna*

Too late!

The humidity in the air will have deposited enough on your skin to exceed the vaccine levels within approx 60 days.

Want to borrow my hermetically sealed bubble?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
How does that work? How can a vaccinated kid get infected if he/she is vaccinated?

Because a small, but statistically significant number of people can still get measles, even if vaccinated.
You could get the measles, even if you’re vaccinated

Here’s the thing. The MMR vaccine is very effective, but it’s not 100 percent preventative. Some people who get the vaccine are still at risk of contracting the disease. Large numbers of vaccinated people act as a firewall that prevent the disease from spreading to those who are vulnerable. The vaccinated protect the unvaccinated. That’s known as “herd immunity.” But as more people opt not to get vaccinated, or not to get their children vaccinated, the virus has more portals to creep through, more people to infect. And those people sneeze and cough, releasing the virus into the air, and that fuels the spread of the disease.

And that is why everyone is so pissed about the anti-vaxxers.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Great episode, expect a lot of heat though. Quite frankly anyone that doesn't get their kids vaccinated needs to be held accountable if anything happens. My partners step mother tried to convince her that we didn't need to get the vaccinations for my sons, very pushy about it. I eventually told her that it ain't her choice and to drop it. She convinced my partners sister to not get her kids done and I honestly feel sorry for them. Their parents had a chance to protect them against getting a desease and chose not to because of some twat that got struck off the register for dodgy dealings.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Your photo of thimerosal in the Flu vaccine is a tad offtopic. However, I touched upon Thimerosal in the video so I decided to shower you with links so you can read about the difference between etHg and meHg

Total and methylmercury residues in tuna-fish from the Mediterranean sea.

Total mercury concentrations ranged from 0.84 to 1.45 mg kg(-1) w.w. (av. 1.17 mg kg(-1) w.w.) and from 0.16 to 2.59 mg kg(-1) (av. 1.18 mg kg(-1) w.w.) in the muscle of albacore and bluefin tuna, respectively.

Can Eating Fish Be Dangerous? The Facts About Methylmercury

The advisory recommends that women who might become pregnant, who are pregnant or nursing, and young children:

Avoid eating shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish (also known as golden bass or golden snapper);
Limit consumption of all other types of fish to 12 ounces (2 average meals) per week;

Limit consumption of canned albacore (“white”) tuna or fresh tuna to no more than 6 ounces per week;

Limit the fish eaten by young children to even smaller portions per week (no specific advice is given);

Check local advisories about the safety of fish caught in local lakes, rivers, and coastal areas. If no advice is available, eat no more than 6 ounces per week of locally caught fish, and do not consume any other fish during that week;

If more than the recommended amount of fish is eaten in one week, eat less in the following weeks.

Frequently Asked Questions About Thimerosal (Ethylmercury)

Ethyl Mercury vs. Methyl Mercury: What’s The Difference?
edit on 29-1-2015 by theNLBS because: Better formatting of quotes

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I got the measles when I was in kindergarten and was very sick. I developed an extremely itchy rash all over my body and face, had a high fever and white spots in my mouth. I remember being put into a tub of ice to bring down my fever.

My best friend at that time caught it, too, but didn't survive. I got lucky. I only lost most of my hearing, which has totally affected my life forever.

I think kids need to be vaccinated. It was horrible.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Considering vaccines don't create long-term immunity, only immunity lasting around 10 years or so, nearly every adult in the world is not vaccinated. Another odd video from you, with front page exposure and little to no likes/stars, formulating opinions contrary to not only the primary users of this site, but to the primary rules of logic.

Why you preface this video as "less controversial than the last" is confusing, because if anything this is a more controversial subject than your last. Granted you've included more research in this video, you still rely on a few logical fallacies to discredit the sources that are in opposition to your stance.

In short, don't advocate for vaccines. Advocate for safer vaccines. Good day.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is all very simple. The only people that will be affected by illness if vaccines work are the ones that choose to opt out of getting a vaccine. If vaccines really work then the debate will soon end because everyone on one side of the debate will die according to the pro crowd. It can not be child abuse unless every unvaccinated child dies then they will have a case but until then it is just part of life.

FREEDOM

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
*Throws Tuna can out, begins applying flexible epoxy to skin*

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
This is all very simple. The only people that will be affected by illness if vaccines work are the ones that choose to opt out of getting a vaccine.

You are quite wrong.

See my post above.

I had thought this was common knowledge.

(sad)
edit on 1/29/2015 by semperfortis because: Fixed Link

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: againuntodust
Why you preface this video as "less controversial than the last" is confusing,

Sarcasm. Did you watch the video? The sarcasm was clear.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wish I could trust vaccinations and to some degree I do. What I do not trust is the entire western for-profit medical industry.

My son has had his vaccinations that he was supposed to get but it was not without regret. The fact that I couldn't live with myself if something happened that he could have been vaccinated for is the only reason I did. I had him vaccinated for selfish reasons... so I would not feel guilty.

My son was 30 seconds old and the doctors gave him a needle. This is no way to evolve but here we are being extorted by our guilt to commit to some medical maybe.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

www.hrsa.gov...

On October 1, 1988, the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 (Public Law 99-660) created the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). The VICP was established to ensure an adequate supply of vaccines, stabilize vaccine costs, and establish and maintain an accessible and efficient forum for individuals found to be injured by certain vaccines. The VICP is a no-fault alternative to the traditional tort system for resolving vaccine injury claims that provides compensation to people found to be injured by certain vaccines. The U. S. Court of Federal Claims decides who will be paid. Three Federal government offices have a role in the VICP:
•the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS);
•the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ); and
•the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (the Court).
The VICP is located in the HHS, Health Resources and Services Administration, Healthcare Systems Bureau, Division of Vaccine Injury Compensation.

Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund
The Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund provides funding for the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program to compensate vaccine-related injury or death claims for covered vaccines administered on or after October 1, 1988.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I did say IF they work and that does not contridict your post.

This topic always leaves out the spiritual aspect.

Spiritually many do not want to be trapped here and they end up being a burden to society or involved in a sucide by cop event...

The whole topic of virsus does not account for the natural order of life and death when viewed by modern medicine against spirituality.

Should we really kill off other species like mosquitoes to save a few lives.

We should trust that even through the worst plauges God has delivered mankind to this time and he has many more plans.

However death is scary and humans like to make themselves feel good on the high road while looking down.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I wish I could trust vaccinations and to some degree I do. What I do not trust is the entire western for-profit medical industry.

I feel exactly the same way...
This whole world is sick from the eternal pursue of profits and I don't know who to really trust anymore!

I had the 3 vaccines that compose MMR when I was just a baby but I didn't get them at the same time. I think I had 2 months in between if I remember well. Maybe 3 is just too much for some and more problems can occur than from one at a time?

Many sources out there claim that the MMR vaccine is a factor in autism, I mostly believe those claims even though I think GMO's, pesticides and insecticides are more to blame.

I hope we still have the possibility of getting each vaccines separately.

On a similar note...2 years ago, my gf got an update for tetanus which is normal. As she was getting the shot, the women there told her : "Oh and you just got the newest flu vaccine along!" She was pissed and rightfully so. She got sick 3 times in the next 6 months.
edit on 29-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I reserve the right NOT to have mercury injected into me or mine.

ETA: Oh, and who the hell brought up Jenny McCarthy? Not me.

take a good look at the amount of mercury in that shot...that amount is the same amount a baby gets EVERY DAY from breast milk...EVERY DAY>...get a clue

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

well it does say greater than 25 mcg so that leaves much wiggle room

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And that's fine, but how do we protect the new baby from your incubating case of the measles?

That baby's parents might want to vaccinate him or her but they can't yet. And while I absolutely support your right to not vaccinate you and yours ... I don't believe you have a right to infect the other couple's baby.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join