It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcing perfectly healthy people to take medical treatments at the point of a gun.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The only time I care about whether or not you choose to vaccinate is when I am thinking about a set of parents with their precious baby who is too young to be vaccinated ... and your decision to not vaccinate winds up putting that child in the ground because you took your chances, got sick and then gave that child a disease that ended up either killing or crippling them.

At that point, your choice killed someone whose parents didn't make the choice to take the risk. They couldn't choose yet. They were powerless, so you basically chose for them, and your choice killed their kid.

When we find a way to avoid that. You can definitely do with yourself as you please.

While it is a shame that parents can make decisions that may be horrible for their children...that is what parenting is all about. If the adults decide to quit their jobs should they be stopped? That would also affect the health and life of the child as they wouldn't be as able to provide care, better food, etc. Sorry...but from my side if a parent doesn't want to vaccinate their child that is no one's business other than the parents.

Now...with my opinion out of the way, consider this. Do you want your money hungry, power thirsty government deciding how you raise your family? Maybe what religion is OK...what you teach your children. THAT, my friend, is a hell of a lot scarier to me than some stupid parents deciding not to protect their children.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

What statistics are you referring to when it comes to "medical treatment that, statistically speaking, may injure or kill them?"

That would be incorrect and I will call you a liar because of it. Statistics weigh on the side of vaccinations and not anti-vaccination rabble like yourself.

If you feel that you or your children shouldn't vaccinate, then you shouldn't be allowed in the same public spaces as the rest of society. Just because you don't feel the rain doesn't mean someone else isn't hold an umbrella over you. It's those people that can't vaccinate that you're putting at risk and I would hope that if there's some sort of karmic power out there, that if you end up by your decisions, cause harm to someone because of that decision, that something horrific happens to you in response to that.

You're a blight on modern society and people like you need to just isolate yourselves from the rest of civilization and die out from some plague that is easily countered by vaccines. Stop using ALL technology and just go back to your caves.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grahag

What statistics are you referring to when it comes to "medical treatment that, statistically speaking, may injure or kill them?"

That would be incorrect and I will call you a liar because of it. Statistics weigh on the side of vaccinations and not anti-vaccination rabble like yourself.

If you feel that you or your children shouldn't vaccinate, then you shouldn't be allowed in the same public spaces as the rest of society. Just because you don't feel the rain doesn't mean someone else isn't hold an umbrella over you. It's those people that can't vaccinate that you're putting at risk and I would hope that if there's some sort of karmic power out there, that if you end up by your decisions, cause harm to someone because of that decision, that something horrific happens to you in response to that.

You're a blight on modern society and people like you need to just isolate yourselves from the rest of civilization and die out from some plague that is easily countered by vaccines. Stop using ALL technology and just go back to your caves.

Not enough caves. How about concentration camps? Then use them to test new vaccines, you know, for the benefit of civilized society?

But before you put them on that train, consider this. What if those uncivilized blights on modern society were in the majority in government, would you want them deciding what drugs you and your children have to take?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I would hope that if there's some sort of karmic power out there, that if you end up by your decisions, cause harm to someone because of that decision, that something horrific happens to you in response to that.

statistically speaking the only disease that you vaccinate a child from that would be overwhelmingly worse if they got the disease would be polio...

everyone still gets chicken pox. measles, mumps, rubella, rotovirus, whooping cough and flu are just a bad week, part of being human is getting sick. Heb B is an STD.

I thought we were all in agreement, however, that forcing people to do things against their will was bad. And wishing (or causing) harm on others for not following your opinion was morally wrong.

then you shouldn't be allowed in the same public spaces as the rest of society.

i'll keep all my taxes then.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

I would hope that if there's some sort of karmic power out there, that if you end up by your decisions, cause harm to someone because of that decision, that something horrific happens to you in response to that.

statistically speaking the only disease that you vaccinate a child from that would be overwhelmingly worse if they got the disease would be polio...

everyone still gets chicken pox. measles, mumps, rubella, rotovirus, whooping cough and flu are just a bad week, part of being human is getting sick. Heb B is an STD.

I thought we were all in agreement, however, that forcing people to do things against their will was bad. And wishing (or causing) harm on others for not following your opinion was morally wrong.

then you shouldn't be allowed in the same public spaces as the rest of society.

i'll keep all my taxes then.

Erm no.
"Statistically speaking the only disease that you vaccinate a child from that would be overwhelmingly worse if they got the disease would be... all of them.
That's the point.

"

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yep! I was forced to accept a medical treatment and the only alternative was death by bullet.

So logical...We will save you or else!!

Funny...conservatives, in general, deny AGW, and liberals deny innoculations. After all...there is no reason to fear the return of polio..... but there is a conspiracy to force us to take vaccinations. Vaccinations are du debbil!! Vaccinations are responsible for everything you can think of. Vaccinations are the opposite of snake oil. You remember snake oil, right? Able to cure everything from impotence, cancer, baldness!!

Effing stupid shist.... this world is full of morons... truly.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

lol well said!

And with humor! PT Barnum got it wrong. There are significantly more than just one sucker born every second. If ignorance is bliss, then the anti-vaxxers are an incredibly happy group of people.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

And you sir, might as well be saying....I think restaurants should be able to choose how much formaldehyde and thimerisol and aluminum they sprinkle on your crummy gluten "glue" pizza.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

I think you have that backwards......

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
It only seems backwards if we don't want to damage people. People get screwed up from vaccines, why? Well, haven't you heard the science is "in" AGW "is real". Therefore, why do we protect and prolong people's lives, it will simply create more global warming, more environmental destruction. So we need govt healthcare in order to ration healthcare, so that those with damaged kids and people will be sent to death panels and be decided if the public should fund the insurance to pay for their lives, if not they will be legally "euthanized". And since the earth maybe dying we have to get rid of people. Also after forced inoculations comes forced sterilizations to save the planet....and if you don't get your healthcare insurance that will not cover your "major illness" that your kid got by getting vaccinated, you will be fined. Excellent system, it rewards death outcomes to save money and the planet, forget the the 1% will never have to do anything like get anywhere near any vaccination, or they will get actual non harmful versions.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here is a link to a video of Congressman Sean Duffy, who is my congressman representing the 7th WI District (northern WI) and also is a friend of mine who I graduated high school with. At this point I can only hope that more of our politicians think like this. He states in the MSNBC interview that we don't need a more "Opressive state telling us what to do." He also makes the point that the parents who are choosing not to vaccinate their children aren't "crackpots" but are well-read parents who are making an informed decision and that it's mostly parents who aren't informed that are on the other side of the fence.

Duffy says vaccinating children should be parents choice

edit on 4-2-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Certainly the state shouldn't force people to take medication or get a procedure they do not want to, although the risk vs benefit ratio falls in favor of vaccinations, I believe in personal autonomy.

Now where is the government forcing people to take vaccinations (outside of the military)?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Because he said it, that makes it true?

No one is forcing anyone to take vaccinations, obviously. Let alone at gun point.

I think it will be truly sad the first time a child is diagnosed with polio because the parents chose to skip the vaccination.

Smallpox? Should those vaccines be voluntary? Measles is nothing...I had it as a child and it normally is not fatal nor life changing. The same cannot be said for polio and smallpox.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

No one is forcing anyone to take vaccinations, obviously. Let alone at gun point.

I think it will be truly sad the first time a child is diagnosed with polio because the parents chose to skip the vaccination.

Smallpox? Should those vaccines be voluntary? Measles is nothing...I had it as a child and it normally is not fatal nor life changing. The same cannot be said for polio and smallpox.

Adult onset measles can be devastating, especially to a pregnant woman and her fetus. If one has not had the disease, one should seriously consider the vaccination--ditto for chickenpox. The adult versions of many "childhood" diseases are much, much, worse than the juvenile version.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think its called an opinion. Where does anyone make a claim of truth? He states his opinion, which I agree with. The point is that there is suddenly a major push by the media (on behalf of Big Pharma) to get the government to make it mandatory for everyone to vaccinate.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I think its called an opinion. Where does anyone make a claim of truth? He states his opinion, which I agree with. The point is that there is suddenly a major push by the media (on behalf of Big Pharma) to get the government to make it mandatory for everyone to vaccinate.

So it's nothing to do with the decrease in vaccination rates because suddenly, everyone with access to the internet is an immunologist?
Or is it to do with the rise of Dunning-Kruger cases?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join