It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God we pray you show mankind your mercy at this hour

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The law of attraction... A new age spin on an old age idea. But this explains a phenomenon, not the source. We are not Gods, and we are not pieces of His consciousness except, perhaps, His imagination. Imagine this, if you can think it, then it is within God's creation. People can access the law of attraction, but to what ends? What many of those people don't take into consideration is that no matter how in control we think we are, we are never. God allows us to sink or swim, and he temporarily gave our domain to the devil. When we use things like the law of attraction, what is the cost? We may do wonders for ourselves, but who suffers because of it? What are the unforeseen consequences? That's too much for a person to balance. We need His help in all things. Without Him we will inevitably perish in the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I haven't yet met a person who believes in God simply because of answered prayers. Petition prayers is one type of prayer that is over-popularized by mainstream, and it's also the type of prayer that ought be of lesser priority. I myself could stand to realize that a lot of the time. Anyway, all petition prayers are answered. Sometimes it's a "no", and sometimes it's a "wait and see".

Other types of prayers include adoration, thanksgiving, confession, etc. Really, the quintessential/model prayer is outlined by Jesus in Matthew 6:9-13. Very little of this could in any way be associated with wishful thinking that could come true by chance alone. The only thing being asked for was bread, and I'm not so sure that wasn't actually asking to receive a daily lesson.

Very few people believe in no God whatsoever, and those people are fools. There is no need to dive into their realm of highly fallible logic because the human mind is ultra simplistic in the grand scheme of things. I believe in Father of Christ because it is the only one that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher
a reply to: nerbot

I haven't yet met a person who believes in God simply because of answered prayers. Petition prayers is one type of prayer that is over-popularized by mainstream, and it's also the type of prayer that ought be of lesser priority. I myself could stand to realize that a lot of the time. Anyway, all petition prayers are answered. Sometimes it's a "no", and sometimes it's a "wait and see".

Other types of prayers include adoration, thanksgiving, confession, etc. Really, the quintessential/model prayer is outlined by Jesus in Matthew 6:9-13. Very little of this could in any way be associated with wishful thinking that could come true by chance alone. The only thing being asked for was bread, and I'm not so sure that wasn't actually asking to receive a daily lesson.

Very few people believe in no God whatsoever, and those people are fools. There is no need to dive into their realm of highly fallible logic because the human mind is ultra simplistic in the grand scheme of things. I believe in Father of Christ because it is the only one that makes sense.

you can get the exact same results from praying to a discarded banana peel. and banana peels dont ask for money or get jealous. you should give it a try sometime.

edit on 29-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I pray almost every night. I have since I was about 6.

It doesn't feel right to fall asleep without having done so.

I ask Him to watch over those nearest and dearest to me and mine. I ask for Him to especially guide the footsteps of my son. I ask for Him to watch over the rest of the world. Then I ask Him to watch over me. I ask Him to help us avoid evil, resist temptations and sleep safely through the night. I ask Him to forgive us. I might spend time praying then for certain people especially.

Then I thank Him for everything He has given us, every blessing.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Payer alone can do nothing, it needs action as well. If you pray for others yet don't put those prayers into action yourself, your prayers are empty. Praying for others to emulate your actions is not a bad thing, but if you do not set an example it doesn't matter either way in my opinion.
edit on 1/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Please reveal your truth and how in love you are with your creation. Please keep our minds filled with your love and light and away from doubt and unhappiness. Please show the your the strength of your love and mercy and remind those who lack faith the power of a Prayer in Love, for you God are love. Bring the world to more compassion, mercy, and generosity and let many miracles be done in your name. Amen.

If you feel the same please respond. It seems many do not believe in Prayer anymore but if you are Spirit and God is All Powerful and Conscious then prayer must be strong, amen.

Tell me what you think regarding Prayer

Prayer is powerful and supernatural - the ability to connect with our holy Father in heaven or to connect to the dark side - depending on who you serve.

You, my brother, and I serve the one true God in heaven, his son and Holy Spirit as well as many others here on ATS. I truly believe your mighty and powerful prayer can and will bring about a positive force in those who have faith.

It is refreshing to see so many brothers and sisters here on ATS, supporting one another, and helping one another to walk in their faith.

Prayer without faith is useless. Keeping one's faith during bad and good times shows how one has matured in the spirit.

God bless you all.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I used to be on the fence about prayer, but I can't deny God answers specifically. I rarely ask for anything, but when I do He is always faithful.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't think God would be pleased with you using a prayer as a way to say, "Look at me!"

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Is this God's will, the way inwhich you prayed? Personaly I pray daily that come Lord Jesus and end this mess.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mon1k3r
I don't think God would be pleased with you using a prayer as a way to say, "Look at me!"

True.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Prayer is almost as indescribable as God himself.

You have made much progress in the way to light OP, your words used to upset me, but now they inspire more greatly and remind me of God.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Personally I do not believe prayer works.

If it did, there would be statistics to show it did.

But as Tzar says, you get the same results praying to a banana peel.

I haven't tried it personally but I'll take his word for it.

I've got a question I'd love some answers to.

Why won't God heal amputees?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Well there are a lot of studies that show that those who pray and mediate frequently have a greater mental health than those who don't.

St.Thomas Aquinas said that one comes to the conclusion that God exists be looking upon the universe with pure reason and logic.

I cannot tell you why God does not cure amputees, faith comes to people as God gifts it to them, and if you do not believe it is for God to gift you faith.

I can pray that he does so but it is his decision to give it too you and yours to accept. Just keep your heart strong so that you may hear when he knocks and beckons you to come.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I agree with you heartily. I think as we all find the strength to share our testimonies we will encourage others.

I am in the process of writing mine.

edit: Here it is

I Was Enthralled by Hatred
edit on 083131p://444 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You know. God has helped me through some really tough years. I live with chronic migraine and spent not a few years with head pain an average of 2 days out of every 3. Why didn't God heal me? I don't know. Might as well ask why I didn't ask Him to heal me. I know this - I eventually found my way to a neurologist who broke that pain cycle, and I got my life back.

Now I have a bone spur that can give me daily nerve pain with nothing I can do about it. Thanks to the migraines I am well prepared to handle this. Maybe that was the purpose because I have the highest pain tolerance of anyone I know.

Who knows? But God gives me strength to endure and someday He'll take it all away, one way or another.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
Well there are a lot of studies that show that those who pray and mediate frequently have a greater mental health than those who don't.

That's all well and good and I can understand how praying or meditating may give people peace of mind but I am talking about statistics showing prayers are answered. I realize according to some interpretations not all prayers are answered, despite Jesus making it sound like that. Though I don't necessarily think he meant literally. Either way though, there should be some numbers to show prayer to God is different than just the way things go.

St.Thomas Aquinas said that one comes to the conclusion that God exists be looking upon the universe with pure reason and logic.

I completely disagree but that's another topic (a recent thread) and this thread is about prayer.

I cannot tell you why God does not cure amputees, faith comes to people as God gifts it to them, and if you do not believe it is for God to gift you faith.

Are you saying more faith equals more answered prayers? Jesus supposedly healed the blind and raised the dead. Where are miracles like that today? How come prayers in regards to things that would defy an explanation other than God are never answered?

I can pray that he does so but it is his decision to give it too you and yours to accept. Just keep your heart strong so that you may hear when he knocks and beckons you to come.

If nothing else, I appreciate the sentiments. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm sorry to hear about your pain, I really am. My mother experiences severe migraines and other pains every so often for a day, or days at a time sometimes. It really sucks. All I can really say is that I'm glad you find comfort and strength in God to help you get through your struggles.

I personally view that as a mind over matter type thing and not answered prayer.

The only effect prayer actually has that I can see, is peace of mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Very beautiful. I also love how plainly this verses speak:

Matthew 7:12

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Amen. I just had surgery back in Sept. I had a mass on my right kidney..i know that is was thru the power of prayer
that I am still here today. a reply to: arpgme

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

"I realize according to some interpretations not all prayers are answered, despite Jesus making it sound like that. Though I don't necessarily think he meant literally."

Please explain this.

"Are you saying more faith equals more answered prayers? Jesus supposedly healed the blind and raised the dead. Where are miracles like that today? How come prayers in regards to things that would defy an explanation other than God are never answered?"

It takes faith to pray and faith to believe that God has answered prayers and that answers and conclusions have not come by chance. If you take up a study of virtue you will see that all virtues are connected and come from love.

Miracles like you have mentioned happen, but it seems to happen so that it takes science off guard and science cannot entirely wrap its head around it. Look at the cases of exorcisms, look up Stephen Jeffreys, Jack Coe, and Dr. John Alexander Dowie. Some of these men turned aside from God because of the gift granted to them made them mad with pride.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join