It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret tapes undermine Hillary Clinton on Libyan war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

After what happened with GW Bush - do you really believe your vote counts?

Do you think all the powerful players in the US back rooms are going to let some independent come to power and destroy decades of work?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've tried to mix it up when I vote by researching the candidates, I never voted a straight ticket (maybe once I think) even though I initially registered as a Republican.

I've been going more and more for the independent candidates, who I used to vote on as a "throw away" vote. I'm not going to consider that throwing away the vote any more, but voting my conscience. To hell with supporting the lesser of two evils or not voting at all out of frustration.

It would be better to become active and vocal, but I don't want to end up on a hit list for my political views, so voting is the best I could do considering my paranoia about that.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

First step is to get people off the rolls of republicans and democrats, if your registered to either party you help them gain more federal dollars each election.

Also people need to stop thinking we can change the country in one fell swoop at the federal level it's not going to be that easy.

Find a third party you can get behind and start at the city/county level we can only take back the country by first taking back the cities.

Veterans party of America is who I'm a part of, they are in all the states, and recently some of our allies veterans have also organized parties to try and enact change in their country.

It may not work, but to quit fighting guarantees victory for the corrupt.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Sadly, I don't think you have the time to slowly weed out democrats and Republicans.

But it matters not, again I say

do you really believe your vote counts?
and
do you really believe the powers that be in the back room are going to let ''the people'' elect some independent who promises to change everything for the better? (at the expense of the mega corporations)

I don't have the answers, heck I don't even know if there is an answer any more... but sitting here arguing about something stupid Hillary Clinton said is a pointless waste of time and exactly what they want us to focus on.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The Clinton family has always been corrupt and well evil just talk to anyone in Arkansas.

Basically we are in a War trying to recover our country, one piece at a time is all we can focus on because they have the high ground, technical advantage, and numbers right now.

Doesn't mean we can't win, just that it's going to be a hard road to travel.

Keep the faith we haven't lost yet!
edit on 29-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

How do I go about unregistering? Do you or anyone else how to do that?

I registered back in the early 80's when it was mandatory to do so.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Local elections office to change your voter registration,to independent or third-party party I think. Not sure if you can unregister to be honest.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Great, thanks, I be checking into that.

P.S. I didn't mean I wanted to unregister, just change parties, wasn't thinking about what I said in that regard.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If you think she is the lesser of two evils, you need to rethink what evil is,

I'm an Independent. More Libertarian than anything else. You know, what Liberals USED to be before the Democrats hijacked and redefined the term.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
With lies and manipulation ...

cackles evilly at Gadaffi's death

Evil twisted sick B!at#h !

How can anyone stand for this?
I seriously hope there will be a thorough investigation into this... yeah, i'm probably just day-dreaming

Wait for it!

Wait for it!

Wait for it!

She came!

She saw!

She LIED!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All this speculation is based upon the assumption the petro dollar will last until election in 2016....The forecast is not so knid for it......
Many expect 2015 to be the demise of petro dollar and the rise of a new global currency,,,
Its difficult to predict but the cliff looms ahead, and we will be going over it sooner than later......
I expect that the death of the dollar means the implementation of Martial law.....and the death of liberty.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
News has it that Hillary just gave word she wont be starting her campaign
till July...between this news and the Bombshell from Judicial Watch about The State Department lies, ole Hil has the heat on for a while.

She is a terrible actor, worse yet she thinks she is cool.
Add another one to the Clinton Body count.

edit on 29-1-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
unbelievable, I can't get over the damage these people are doing, and to think she could be president some day.
edit on 013131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Top Pentagon officials and a senior Democrat in Congress so distrusted Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s 2011 march to war in Libya that they opened their own diplomatic channels with the Gadhafi regime in an effort to halt the escalating crisis, according to secret audio recordings recovered from Tripoli.

The tapes, reviewed by The Washington Times and authenticated by the participants, chronicle U.S. officials’ unfiltered conversations with Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s son and a top Libyan leader, including criticisms that Mrs. Clinton had developed tunnel vision and led the U.S. into an unnecessary war without adequately weighing the intelligence community’s concerns.

“You should see these internal State Department reports that are produced in the State Department that go out to the Congress. They’re just full of stupid, stupid facts,” an American intermediary specifically dispatched by the Joint Chiefs of Staff told the Gadhafi regime in July 2011, saying the State Department was controlling what intelligence would be reported to U.S. officials.

At the time, the Gadhafi regime was fighting a civil war that grew out of the Arab Spring, battling Islamist-backed rebels who wanted to dethrone the longtime dictator. Mrs. Clinton argued that Gadhafi might engage in genocide and create a humanitarian crisis and ultimately persuaded President Obama, NATO allies and the United Nations to authorize military intervention.

Gadhafi’s son and heir apparent, Seif Gadhafi, told American officials in the secret conversations that he was worried Mrs. Clinton was using false pretenses to justify unseating his father and insisted that the regime had no intention of harming a mass of civilians. He compared Mrs. Clinton’s campaign for war to that of the George W. Bush administration’s now debunked weapons of mass destruction accusations, which were used to lobby Congress to invade Iraq, the tapes show.

“It was like the WMDs in Iraq. It was based on a false report,” Gadhafi said in a May 2011 phone call to Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich, an Ohio Democrat serving at the time. “Libyan airplanes bombing demonstrators, Libyan airplanes bombing districts in Tripoli, Libyan army killed thousands, etc., etc., and now the whole world found there is no single evidence that such things happened in Libya.”

Seif Gadhafi also warned that many of the U.S.-supported armed rebels were “not freedom fighters” but rather jihadists whom he described as “gangsters and terrorists.”

“And now you have NATO supporting them with ships, with airplanes, helicopters, arms, training, communication,” he said in one recorded conversation with U.S. officials. “We ask the American government send a fact-finding mission to Libya. I want you to see everything with your own eyes.”

The surreptitiously taped conversations reveal an extraordinary departure from traditional policy, in which the U.S. government speaks to foreign governments with one voice coordinated by the State Department.

Instead, the tapes show that the Pentagon’s senior uniformed leadership and a congressman from Mrs. Clinton’s own party conveyed sentiments to the Libyan regime that undercut or conflicted with the secretary of state’s own message at the time.

“If this story is true, it would be highly unusual for the Pentagon to conduct a separate set of diplomatic negotiations, given the way we operated when I was secretary of state,” James A. Baker III, who served under President George H.W. Bush, told The Times. “In our administration, the president made sure that we all sang from the same hymnal.”

Mr. Kucinich, who challenged Mrs. Clinton and Barack Obama for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, acknowledged that he undertook his own conversations with the Gadhafi regime. He said he feared Mrs. Clinton was using emotion to sell a war against Libya that wasn’t warranted, and he wanted to get all the information he could to share with his congressional colleagues.

“I had facts that indicated America was headed once again into an intervention that was going to be disastrous,” Mr. Kucinich told The Times. “What was being said at the State Department — if you look at the charge at the time — it wasn’t so much about what happened as it was about what would happen. So there was a distortion of events that were occurring in Libya to justify an intervention which was essentially wrong and illegal.”

Mr. Kucinich wrote a letter to Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton in August explaining his communications in a last-ditch effort to stop the war.

Story Continues →

Full Article

Political spin begun ? Someone trying to bury Hilary now, so there is room for Palin ?

All in all, it does show how colorful mrs. Clinton is

I am a liberal. BUT, having studied this war and the syrian one, I am convinced that both were manufactured or taken advantage of for geo-political chess.

So, did the US and our leadership pump up claims of attacks on civilians to get support for intervention? yes. Was it for humanitarian reasons we got the UN and everyone to go in? I don't think so personally.

Also, the Chapter VII resolution that the UNSC issued prohibited regime change and giving weapons to the rebels. Both happened.

This is exactly why the west and its allies can't get a chapter VII resolution passed on Syria. Nobody trusts it won't be abused.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is nothing but simple murder, once again based on deception and lies.

The follow-up looting of Libya is outrageous, and should be treated as a warcrime.

As analysts debate possible motives behind President Obama’s United Nations-backed military intervention in Libya, one angle that has received attention in recent days is the rebels’ seemingly odd decision to establish a new central bank to replace dictator Muammar Gadhafi's state-owned monetary authority — possibly the first time in history that revolutionaries have taken time out from an ongoing life-and-death battle to create such an institution, according to observers.

In a statement released last week, the rebels reported on the results of a meeting held on March 19. Among other things, the supposed rag-tag revolutionaries announced the “[d]esignation of the Central Bank of Benghazi as a monetary authority competent in monetary policies in Libya and appointment of a Governor to the Central Bank of Libya, with a temporary headquarters in Benghazi.”

The Gadhafi regime’s central bank — unlike the U.S. Federal Reserve, which is owned by private shareholders — was among the few central banks in the world that was entirely state-owned. At the moment, it is unclear exactly who owns the rebel’s central bank or how it will be governed.

The so-called Interim Transitional National Council, the rebels’ self-appointed new government for Libya purporting to be the “sole legitimate representative of Libyan People,” also trumpeted the creation of a new “Libyan Oil Company” based in the rebel stronghold city of Benghazi. The North African nation, of course, has the continent’s largest proven oil reserves.

The U.S. government and the U.N. have both recently announced that the rebels would be free to sell oil under their control — if they do it without Gaddafi’s National Oil Corporation. And the first shipments are set to start next week, according to news reports citing a spokesman for the rebels.

But the creation of a new central bank, even more so than the new national oil regime, left analysts scratching their heads. “I have never before heard of a central bank being created in just a matter of weeks out of a popular uprising,” noted Robert Wenzel in an analysis for the Economic Policy Journal. “This suggests we have a bit more than a rag tag bunch of rebels running around and that there are some pretty sophisticated influences.”

Wenzel also noted that the uprising looked like a “major oil and money play, with the true disaffected rebels being used as puppets and cover” while the transfer of control over money and oil supplies takes place. And other analysts agreed.

“Libyan Rebels” Create Central Bank, Oil Company

So obvious, and creepy!

Do yourself a favor, and check out this thread too:
In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
All this speculation is based upon the assumption the petro dollar will last until election in 2016....The forecast is not so knid for it......
Many expect 2015 to be the demise of petro dollar and the rise of a new global currency,,,
Its difficult to predict but the cliff looms ahead, and we will be going over it sooner than later......
I expect that the death of the dollar means the implementation of Martial law.....and the death of liberty.

I'm with you, I will be amazed if the US makes it to 2016.

If the petro dollar starts going south it will be time for ww3. Although there are MANY other ways it could kick off.

Talk about lesser of two evils.....Bush or Clinton OR ww3....hmmmm

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Whats the old saying .. at least when Clinton lied no one died? Seems that's no longer true. Democrats won't care, Bush BAD.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama...ALL BAD.

What we need to fear is the idiot they replace Hillary with. If Libya and Benghazi bite Hillary in the butt (and it should) then what demonic villain will they replace her with for the DNC nomination?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If this story is infact true, I don't see how Hillary has a chance in hell, nor should she. It basically says that the Pentagon so distrusted in her abilities, that they went around her back to conduct their own foreign policy.

And that brings us to the second point... the Pentagon isn't elected, conducting their own foreign policy outside of the executive branch is a borderline military coup conducting the. It was probably the right thing to do but it's not going to help me sleep tonight.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

After what happened with GW Bush - do you really believe your vote counts?

Do you think all the powerful players in the US back rooms are going to let some independent come to power and destroy decades of work?

I was so excited about Ron Paul running in 2012 and naively believed he could be the Republican ticket until Romney stole his votes and took away his nomination. Then the RNC came out and said how much they respected Ron Paul and invited him to speak at the convention. Turns out they even blocked him from speaking inside the convention. I was soooo angry and frustrated.

Then the first debate pitting Romney against Obama and Romney killed him. Even dems were embarrassed by Obama's weak showing. During the second debate, however, Obama made a few slip-ups and Romney should've pounced but, instead, let it pass. That's when I started believing this whole thing was a sham.

Hilary is going to be our next president, barring some unforseen catastrophe on her part. I fear she has already been groomed.
edit on 30-1-2015 by texasgirl because: Added on

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Obama made a weak showing because he knew he was going to be re-selected. The games are rigged. Give up analyzing it. Obama was selected for a reason and it was intended he would serve two terms. He had to come back and make it look like he was making an effort. Romney didn't pounce because he knew it too.

At some point more people are going to start recognizing the selections for what they are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join