It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel Trip - Larry Stogner Retires Due to ALS Diagnosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Man, I really feel for Larry. He's clearly VERY passionate about his job and wasn't quite ready to let it go. I hope that he can make the best of the years that he has left.

I've compiled some information about Larry Stogner if you want to know more.

Facebook Page

ABC News Website Bio

During his 38 years at ABC11, Larry has covered every kind of political story from presidential primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire - to political conventions from 1988 to 2008 - to presidential inaugurations from Ronald Reagan to Barack Obama. He has conducted one-on-one interviews with Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, George Bush, Sarah Palin and many other prominent figures, both national and local. He has also moderated a number of statewide debates in gubernatorial and senatorial races. He has served as Raleigh Bureau Chief, where he became an accomplished political correspondent, covering state politics and the General Assembly. He was President of the Capitol Press Corps for two years.

Larry Stogner: Mentor and Intern Form Lasting Bond

Stogner was a good teacher. He would tell Pitts about the person he was getting ready to interview, what he was going to ask and how the interview might play out. Pitts became a good writer; Stogner says he might be the best writer at CBS News. And Pitts says he used Stogner's on-air style as a model for his own. Pitts is now 49 years old. Stogner, who moved to the anchor desk at WTVD in 1982, is 63. They e-mail regularly and get together from time to time. Last week Pitts accompanied Stogner, a Vietnam War veteran, to classes at Millbrook High School, where Stogner was talking about that war.

WikiPedia WTVD

Principal anchor Larry Stogner began working with station in 1976, and served a weeknight anchor from 1982 to 2015. On January 23, he announced his retirement after being diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.[24] His co-anchor for much of the 1980s and 1990s, Miriam Thomas, abruptly left WTVD after nineteen years in November 2001. Notable former members of WTVD's news staff include musicians John Tesh and John D. Loudermilk, ESPN personality Stuart Scott (intern), as well as former Good Morning America co-host David Hartman.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
ALS is one of the worst diseases out there. Prayers to him and his.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
ALS is one of the worst diseases out there. Prayers to him and his.

Prayers on my part also>

new topics

join