It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Floating Ball Of Fire Spotted Over Argentina, Possible UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

A bystander has caught video of a mysterious floating fireball that appears to hang over the sky in Argentina. With no explanation available many are claiming it to be a UFO.

The video was actually taken at the beginning of January but has only just been uploaded onto the internet. According to UFO Sightings Daily, local residents in Frías spotted the fireball and at first believed it was nothing more than a meteor.

Unexplained Floating Ball Of Fire Spotted Over Argentina, Possible UFO

This is quite an interesting news snippet, not only because it just made it to the MSM, but because the video attached is really clear.

There are two things that I find remarkable of the burning "V" pictured in the video:

a) How long it lasts!

Usually, meteors entering the atmosphere, blaze only for a few seconds before they burn out and disappear. Even the really BIG ONES, like the Chelyabinsk meteor that flew over Russia two years ago, burn for 30-60 seconds -at most.

The ball of fire in the video lasts for well over two minutes (and this is not due to the video being slowed down, as the movement of the camera gives this up)! More than any other meteor that I have seen or heard of.

b) It changes direction!

About 1:40 into the video, you can clearly see the alleged Meteor/UFO shifting direction, traversing from a west-east direction, to what appears a donward tilt.

Be it what it may, this video is really fascinating and I look forward to your comments.

Here is the video, if you don't want to go to the newspaper's site:

edit on 28-1-2015 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioKnecht

It almost looks like a ship coming into the atmosphere, hence the flames! If you look at the front, it appears to be pushing the flames to the rear as aircraft does when it enters the atmosphere...I don't know, I am no expert that is just what it looked like to me! Might be one of the best UFO videos I have seen if this is legit! Good find OP!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is a plane contrail lit by sunlight, not a fireball.

No idea for a second line...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

REALLY?

A contrail that burns THIS much, leaves no actual trail and engulfs the whole plane (and not appears just behind it, as it should)?

In addition, when the camera pans out, you can see that the sun has already set!

Please show me just an image of a similar contrail and I'll buy it.

I think this video shows ANYTHING but a contrail.

A huge meteor, a burning helicopter, the holy spirit, martians, you name it. Anything but a contrail.
edit on 28-1-2015 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Here you go, very annoying video though.

At 25 sec mark.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here is a video of what you see from the ground, filmed close up in the air.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It looks like something entering the atmosphere but doesn't appear to be burning up as it is leaving no smoke or ash trail behind. Difficult to tell if it is actually moving though. From the shape of the "flame" it would seem to be moving toward the ground.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Crappy video of short aircraft contrail lit by the sun.

Videos like these are a joke. How could you not see what it is?

A fireball? Really? You got quite an imagination, or the power of suggestion got you good.

Check out this blog post:
Short sunlit contrails look like UFOs
contrailscience.com...
edit on 28-1-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That one never changed direction. The OPs vid looks like a shot from kerbal space program but it does look and behave diffrently than the sunlit contrail.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I really couldn't make much of the first video.

In the second one you posted, you can see the long trail behind the plane, and that's precisely my point. In the argentinean video you see no tail -typical of contrails- behind the blazing object.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Iike I replied to Mianeye, in the link and images you just posted, you can clearly see the long trails behind the planes, made by the condensation left by the turbines.

In the video at hand, you see no trail whatsoever, just what appears to be the friction caused by the atmosphere against an inbound object.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht

REALLY?

A contrail that burns THIS much, leaves no actual trail and engulfs the whole plane (and not appears just behind it, as it should)?

It's not burning - it is just coloured by the sunset as clouds often are - yellow & red.

In addition, when the camera pans out, you can see that the sun has already set!

at 30-40,000 the sun is still visible further around the curve of the earth.

Please show me just an image of a similar contrail and I'll buy it.

Are these enough?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It was to show that the exact same problem is in your OP video, it's blurry and the zoom shows no detail.

Here is another example, and of course it's also said to be a fireball....

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioKnecht

In the second one you posted, you can see the long trail behind the plane, and that's precisely my point. In the argentinean video you see no tail -typical of contrails- behind the blazing object.

contrails can be long or short, and if you are looking "along" them they can be foreshortened even if they are long.

A google search for mystery fireball contrail gives bucketloads of images and commentary.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

You posted the same link as WeAreOne, so I guess my reply is the same.

I see no contrail on the argentinean video, just friction.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

nope. Just sunlight and ice crystals.

Perhaps you should READ the link and try to COMPREHEND the information.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

At about 1:45 there is a real-time fundamental and dramatic change in shape of the object over maybe a 10 second period. From a fixed vantage point, that's not going to happen if we're looking at an airplane contrail lit by the sunset.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My first thought was that it is a cloud being lit by the setting sun.

That doesn`t look like flames to me, notice that the "flames" don`t change shape or length and they don`t flicker.
light a match and watch how the flame moves and changes shape constantly.
I can`t really tell if it`s even moving or how fast it might be moving.
whatever it is I think the red color we see is a reflection from the setting sun.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

The aircraft is turning.......

Are you guys serious?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
It is a plane contrail lit by sunlight, not a fireball.

No idea for a second line...

Right on!!

Similar examples:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join