It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Countries Most Likely to Survive Climate Change Infographic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yup, I might just get some on my way home from work this morning.

Rub it in.

Gyogi ga warui.
Hah. Bad Manners would have been to say "Neener neener" as well.

What if I offer to share? All you need is a plane ticket to Tokyo.

No offense but you guys want to take your flirting and bourbon discussion to the relationship boards and let us continue to discuss the topic at hand?

You guys filled almost a whole second page with that lol
Why would I flirt with that cantankerous old man? I just offered him some bourbon! Would you like some too?

BWahahahahah! Yep, he is a geezer alright! He has lots of new tennis balls for his walker. (think's it's a status thing)
Old coot!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting. I've actually read the opposite and that Africa's climate would be the most hospitable of all the continents. I'll see if I can find the articles.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yup, I might just get some on my way home from work this morning.

Rub it in.

Gyogi ga warui.
Hah. Bad Manners would have been to say "Neener neener" as well.

What if I offer to share? All you need is a plane ticket to Tokyo.

No offense but you guys want to take your flirting and bourbon discussion to the relationship boards and let us continue to discuss the topic at hand?

You guys filled almost a whole second page with that lol
Why would I flirt with that cantankerous old man? I just offered him some bourbon! Would you like some too?

BWahahahahah! Yep, he is a geezer alright! He has lots of new tennis balls for his walker. (think's it's a status thing)
Old coot!
With friends like you I don't think Augustus is in need of enemies. LOL.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Old coot!

Nice. Which one of us in a grandfather in real life? I am having a hard time remembering since I must have misplaced my friggin' ginko biloba.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Mod note:

Getting back to this serious topic would be a wise choice. We have BTS for off topic chatter.

Thank you

(do not reply to this post)
edit on 28/1/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

Why? Warmer weather is without a doubt better for the human species.

And the Middle East could use a little inundating as well.

Do you have proof of this claim? I thought warmer weather is bad…

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yay UK!

Happy to see one good thing about living here.

We all new Africa was doomed anyway, hell its been doomed even before climate change!
edit on 28-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

You need proof that more arable land would be better for food production or human habitation?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm gonna say we should all head towards the equator,

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You need proof that more arable land would be better for food production or human habitation?

With more water sitting around it will be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other pests, plus the pests which feed on them. You'll have warmer weather but you'll also have severe weather to deal with. The change to warmer climate will be bad in so many ways that the negative effects will outweigh any benefit(s).

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

With more water sitting around it will be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other pests, plus the pests which feed on them.

Why would the water just be sitting around?

You'll have warmer weather but you'll also have severe weather to deal with. The change to warmer climate will be bad in so many ways that the negative effects will outweigh any benefit(s).

That is questionable as you can find articles that support less severe weather will milder temperatures.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

With more water sitting around it will be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other pests, plus the pests which feed on them.

Why would the water just be sitting around?

You'll have warmer weather but you'll also have severe weather to deal with. The change to warmer climate will be bad in so many ways that the negative effects will outweigh any benefit(s).

That is questionable as you can find articles that support less severe weather will milder temperatures.

Warmer weather/ climate means more evaporation. More evaporation means more rain and more rain amounts to more sitting water. Of course, evaporation will be faster but that evaporation won't be uniform.

Yes, there are contradictory reports to the warming issue but look around; listen to NASA and NOAA-it's getting warmer worldwide. Certain parts of the world are in cooler pockets but overall, things are warming up.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

And the Middle East.

I think I may go turn on all my lights and let my car idle in the driveway to help expedite the process.

Why say something like that?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Why say something like that?

Satire.

And maybe I can get the Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Possibly the map is not about weather directly.

"Climate" is a geographical term. It was invented to help explain the economy and social organization of a region before economics and sociology were invented. As in Mediterranean Climate. Geography used to be the only social science.

Climate change in this context would be a measure of how much the economy and sociology of a region would change.

The map is actually measuring how flexible an area is with respect to wide spread change.

It says in the article that the rating is a comparative number between countries, countries being an economic unit because of fiat money.

Poorer countries have fewer options for handling big changes, their economies could completely crash.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
follows country lines so no BIAS THERE!! Not to mention it's from humpbackville.

I think socio-economic reasoning is a good part of the equation. I mean look at Saudi Arabia They are in the green with the U.S., most likely cuzz they have more money than they could ever spend. They could easily pay to have any resources they need shipped in for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This map isn't that bad even if I find the text a bit hypish.

For Europe and Japan the main issue will be to cope with issues from warming up together with an aging and diminishing population.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think that technology and resources and intelligence would play a huge part in survival rates on a country to country basis beyond the weather patterns and other temperature and environmental changes.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like almost the whole of Africa would be gone.

Oh no!

... Where exactly is it going?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The level of tropospheric water vapour ( where it counts) is central to CAGW theory, unfortunately the satellites that measure it are not cooperating and they show no increase despite an increase in carbon dioxide, they do however show an increase in the biosphere, a so called greening effect. Crop yields up, desertification decreased, what's not to like. When part of the theory doesn't match reality change the theory it's that simple....the latest report from the IPCC (AR5) actually shows no correlation between increased carbon dioxide and extreme weather events, and the WMO shows hurricane energy at a 50 year low... So go figure.
When satellite measurements are spliced onto the tide gauges and someone tries to tell me they can control the height of a satellite to within 1 mm then I call BS. Hong Kong harbour may show an increase in the rate of sea level rise but the others don't and guess what guys it's water.....

This report indulges a central pre supposition that if this x happens what else happens, DOh....Unfortunately for the climatastrophists the thing called nature isn't currently cooperating. This report is entirely models all the way down, here's some news, models are not evidence or data they are guesses nothing more.

More to the point they are billion dollar guesses which will keep the third world In Fuel poverty for another 50 years....

Ahh feel much better now I have gotten that off my chest.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join