It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Courts Discreetly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is placed in a derivatory category called LOL.

This is a conspiracy site, we are not Fox, MSM, CBC, or BBC folk here.

There is a most definite link between these too.

Whoever made up a LOL category isn't going to like passing on from this testing ground school because its being a sell out to humanity and it turns my stomach beyond.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I agree with you. This is my eyes is a smoking gun. It should be up to the members of ATS to discern what the truth is..

happy days to you

purp..

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
This is placed in a derivatory category called LOL.

The source material in the opening post is wrong, from a source known for creating health-related hoax content, and the headline a lie. Where else should it go?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
Nearly 100% of measles deaths happen in Sub-Saharan Africa and India. Malnutrition, exposure to industrial toxins are to blame.

You don't need to die from measles for it have a negative impact. fact, apart from the fact measles is quite nasty and that the child suffers, he/she may end up with some serious life-changing complications, such as encephalitis - brain damage.

Vaccines prevent measles and the associated harm the disease causes. Vaccines also prevent a range of other diseases that kill or change people lives.

Regards

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That research could also be misleading.

My son was born in 2002 and was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2012, when he was 10, despite showing some of the symptoms mentioned there, such as reduced skills and development from 15 months, after his MMR he went from talking lots and smiling all the time and eating more than any baby his age the midwife had ever known to appearing uninterested in talking, toys and eating.

At around 6 he was first diagnosed ADD but the paediatrician disagreed and pushed for Aspergers testing for years through all sorts of excuses from the health authority, apparently their excuse for taking 10 years to do the tests was due to ''funding'' and ''shuffling departments''. He was given all sorts of futile tests while waiting then his actual Aspergers assessment took all of 5 minutes, the psychiatrists basically said from his notes and talking to him for a few minutes she diagnosed Aspergers.

How many undiagnosed cases were there during that timescale that weren't included in the research, only to be found having autism afterwards.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Perhaps the opening post should refer to the sources of the articles content and perhaps modify the title?

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

That research could also be misleading.

My son was born in 2002 and was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2012, when he was 10, despite showing some of the symptoms mentioned there, such as reduced skills and development from 15 months, after his MMR he went from talking lots and smiling all the time and eating more than any baby his age the midwife had ever known to appearing uninterested in talking, toys and eating.

At around 6 he was first diagnosed ADD but the paediatrician disagreed and pushed for Aspergers testing for years through all sorts of excuses from the health authority, apparently their excuse for taking 10 years to do the tests was due to ''funding'' and ''shuffling departments''. He was given all sorts of futile tests while waiting then his actual Aspergers assessment took all of 5 minutes, the psychiatrists basically said from his notes and talking to him for a few minutes she diagnosed Aspergers.

How many undiagnosed cases were there during that timescale that weren't included in the research, only to be found having autism afterwards.

Here

Hmm who do I trust more when it comes to reliable information Natural News or Oxford?
I guess now medical research has to test EVERY person in the world that gets vaccinations for a responsible control group and then no one can complain it is biased/misleading or whatever else right?

I suppose this research involving more then a MILLION children is misleading.

Five cohort studies involving 1,256,407 children, and five case-control studies involving 9,920 children were included in this analysis. The cohort data revealed no relationship between vaccination and autism (OR: 0.99; 95% CI: 0.92 to 1.06) or ASD (OR: 0.91; 95% CI: 0.68 to 1.20), nor was there a relationship between autism and MMR (OR: 0.84; 95% CI: 0.70 to 1.01), or thimerosal (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.77 to 1.31), or mercury (Hg) (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.93 to 1.07). Similarly the case-control data found no evidence for increased risk of developing autism or ASD following MMR, Hg, or thimerosal exposure when grouped by condition (OR: 0.90, 95% CI: 0.83 to 0.98; p = 0.02) or grouped by exposure type (OR: 0.85, 95% CI: 0.76 to 0.95; p = 0.01). Findings of this meta-analysis suggest that vaccinations are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder. Furthermore, the components of the vaccines (thimerosal or mercury) or multiple vaccines (MMR) are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The fact is the date that Oxford mined could have been controlled data.

There could be a large percentage of deliberately undiagnosed cases.

Do you think health authorities want sued by every parent of an autistic child or that they are above malpractice and deliberate manipulation of data?

Seriously, they are ran by the government and that should tell you everything about their operating practice.

Oxford did some research, research that could be unreliable due to statistical misrepresentation, it happens.

Natural news reported content from other sources about court cases, it is not the same thing as doing their own research.

It isn't a case of believing either / or and I considered you above those sort of tactics.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

1Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, The Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Aarhus, Denmark. [email protected]
Abstract
It has been suggested that vaccination with the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine causes autism. The wide-scale use of the MMR vaccine has been reported to coincide with the apparent increase in the incidence of autism. Case reports have described children who developed signs of both developmental regression and gastrointestinal symptoms shortly after MMR vaccination.A review of the literature revealed no convincing scientific evidence to support a causal relationship between the use of MMR vaccines and autism. No primate models exist to support the hypothesis. The biological plausibility remains questionable and there is a sound body of epidemiological evidence to refute the hypothesis. The hypothesis has been subjected to critical evaluation in many different ways, using techniques from molecular biology to population-based epidemiology, and with a vast number of independent researchers involved, none of which has been able to corroborate the hypothesis.

Link

I am just following the information. I have tons of information refuting the notion MMR vaccinations DO NOT CAUSE autism. The other information provided is not adequate enough for me to believe it to be true. The above information is not based on statistical information and draws the same conclusion. Are you asking me to ignore what I consider a logical resolution to believe natural news got this one right? If not then I really need not argue anymore as my position is pretty firm unless you have comparable information that says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There are other reports that suggest otherwise.

Are you aware of such things as international conspiracies?

Do you not think that there are such things and if they want to hide something they do?

Also, as I said before naturalnews aren't researchers, they published an article about some court cases, which they sourced from the examiner and huffpost, who presumably sourced their articles from learning about the specific court cases.

Suggesting believing either or is a strawman argument, which is really low.

New American research shows that there could be a link between the controversial MMR triple vaccine and autism and bowel disease in children.

The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.

Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus.

Last night the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles.

'This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus.

'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published in 1998 is correct. That study didn’t draw any conclusions about specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If that’s the case, and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be related to the MMR.'

The 1998 study by Dr Wakefield, then a reader in gastroenterology at the Royal Free Hospital in North London, and 12 other doctors claimed to have found a new bowel disease, autism enterocolitis.

At the time, Dr Wakefield said that although they had not proved a link between MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and autism, there was cause for concern and the Government should offer the option single vaccines - instead of only MMRs - until more research had been done.

The paper - and the confused interpretation of its findings - caused uproar and led to many parents withdrawing their co-operation for the triple jab. Ten of the paper's authors also signed retractions on the interpretation but stood by the science.

This is the second independent study to back up Dr Wakefield. In 2001 John O'Leary, Professor of Pathology at St James's Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, replicated his findings.

Last night Dr Wakefield said: 'This new study confirms what we found in British children and again with Professor O'Leary. The only exposure these children have had to measles is through the MMR vaccine.

'They were developing normally until they regressed. They now suffer autism and bowel disease.

'The Department of Health and some of the media wanted to dismiss our research as insignificant. The excuse was that no one else had the same findings as us. What they didn't say is that no one else had looked.'

A spokesman for the Department of Health said they had not read the American report, but added: 'MMR remains the best form of protection against measles, mumps and rubella.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

A top research scientist working for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) played a key role in helping Dr. Brian Hooker of the Focus Autism Foundation uncover data manipulation by the CDC that obscured a higher incidence of autism in African-American boys. The whistleblower came to the attention of Hooker, a PhD in biochemical engineering, after he had made a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for original data on the DeStefano et al MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and autism study.

Dr. Hooker’s study, published August 8 in the peer-reviewed scientific journal Translational Neurodegeneration, shows that African-American boys receiving their first MMR vaccine before 36 months of age are 3.4 times more likely to develop autism vs. after 36 months.

According to Dr. Hooker, the CDC whistleblower informant — who wishes to remain anonymous — guided him to evidence that a statistically significant relationship between the age the MMR vaccine was first given and autism incidence in African-American boys was hidden by CDC researchers.

Dr. Hooker has worked closely with the CDC whistleblower, and he viewed highly sensitive documents related to the study via Congressional request from U.S. Representative Darrell Issa, Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The CDC documents from Congress and discussions that Hooker had with the whistleblower reveal widespread manipulation of scientific data and top-down pressure on CDC scientists to support fraudulent application of government policies on vaccine safety. Based on raw data used in the 2004 DeStefano et al study obtained under FOIA, Dr. Hooker found that the link between MMR vaccination and autism in African-American boys was obscured by the introduction of irrelevant and unnecessary birth certificate criteria — ostensibly to reduce the size of the study.

The results of the original study first appeared in the journal Pediatrics which receives financial support from vaccine makers via advertising and direct donations, according to a CBS News report. The DeStefano et al study is widely used by the CDC and other public health organizations to dismiss any link between vaccines and autism — a neurological disorder on the rise. Dr. Hooker stated “The CDC knew about the relationship between the age of first MMR vaccine and autism incidence in African-American boys as early as 2003, but chose to cover it up.”

The whistleblower confirmed this.

“We’ve missed ten years of research because the CDC is so paralyzed right now by anything related to autism. They’re not doing what they should be doing because they’re afraid to look for things that might be associated.” The whistleblower alleges criminal wrongdoing of his supervisors, and he expressed deep regret about his role in helping the CDC hide data.

- See more at: healthimpactnews.com...

edit on 28-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: MysterX

Yeah I get it. My son has a relatively rare auto immune disorder we think was in part caused, due to reactions of vaccinations received at 2, 4, 6,8 and 12 months. What's known as the booster shots.

Our two youngest have not received certain vaccines, precisely because we do not have blind faith in big pharma.

~Tenth

So when someone claims there is a link between vaccinations and autism you say they have to await the proper peer reviewed science, but when you suspect a link between vaccinations and an auto immune disorder regarding your own child you don´t need proper peer reviewed science?

Maybe I misinterpreted something, but this seems contradictory.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

So when someone claims there is a link between vaccinations and autism you say they have to await the proper peer reviewed science, but when you suspect a link between vaccinations and an auto immune disorder regarding your own child you don´t need proper peer reviewed science?

There is plenty of peer review science to show that people who have a susceptibility to auto immune diseases, have a higher risk of encountering side effects from vaccinations.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'll take your word on it.

So how long does this poster have to wait before there is satisfactory peer reviewed science regarding a link between vaccinations and autism for him to be allowed to voice his suspicions?

A year, 5 year, a decade?

When his children have their own children?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

So how long does this poster have to wait before there is satisfactory peer reviewed science regarding a link between vaccinations and autism for him to be allowed to voice his suspicions?

Oh suspicions are one thing. The outright lies perpetuated by the anti vaccine crowd though just aren't OK.

I certainly encourage a healthy debate on the issue, I just wish people would keep their anecdotal evidence out of it, unless they themselves, have a degree or a paper for me to read that proves their opinion has some kind of basis in medical fact.

A year, 5 year, a decade?

We waited almost 30 years before we started to look at effects of the flu shot. And now there's significant evidence, to show that yearly flu shots aren't a great idea.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Dr. Stephen Walkers paper has on his corroborative studies with Wakefields findings has not been published. That means that the article may be based in true findings maybe not. I spent a bit of time looking for your peer reviewed paper and not a journalism piece I did find this though and been doing some fact checking.

‘It [the Children’s Immunisation Centre – offering single measles vaccines] argues that the MMR vaccine can cause autism, saying: ‘In 2009 a Dr Walker in the USA studied 275 autistic children and found in a large percentage of cases that these children had the live measles virus in their gut after vaccination with the triple MMR’.Sunday Times, 21 April 2013.

1. In 2006 Dr Stephen Walker presented a poster at the Montreal IMFAR meeting claiming to have identified measles virus in intestinal biopsies of children with autism. These preliminary, provisional, unconfirmed, non-peer-reviewed findings in an uncontrolled study (which does not mention MMR) were widely reported – and enthusiastically acclaimed by Dr Andrew Wakefield.
www.autism-insar.org...

2. In a subsequent statement issued by Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in North Carolina, Walker denied that he had shown any link between measles virus and autism.www.wakehealth.edu... m.htm

3. The Walker study has never been published.

4. The Walker study was dismissed as evidence in the 2009 Omnibus Autism Proceedings in the USA after a detailed critique by expert witnesses.lizditz.typepad.com... ears.html

5. The Walker study is not included in a recent list of ‘28 studies from around the world that support Dr Wakefield’s work’ (though none of these validate his claim of a link between MMR and autism).

healthimpactnews.com...

6. Though reports claimed that the Walker study had ‘replicated’ the work of Wakefield’s Dublin collaborator John O’Leary published in 2002, this work has been thoroughly discredited, most comprehensively by Professor Stephen Bustin (and is no longer even claimed by Wakefield in his support).
(Stephen A Bustin, Why There Is No Link Between Measles Virus and Autism, DOI: 10.5772/52844)

7. A co-author on the 2006 Walker study (and on his recent, unrelated, 2013 publication) is Dr Arthur Krigsman, a long-standing colleague and supporter of Dr Wakefield (and collaborator in his current Autism Media Channel initiative). www.plosone.org...

Link

Here is a little about Dr. M. Fitzpatrick and his published book directly challenging Wakefield.
Link

I won't keep quoting from sources if you read it you will get the idea.

Your other source I am not even going to comment on, UNKNOWN whistleblowers etc etc if I can't verify the facts I don't bother. Kind of like the research in your first source, the paper hasn't even been published. I am not saying you are wrong I am saying though that I can't find anything good enough for me to believe otherwise. Yes if you think something is true it doesn't make it fact, calling me out on a strawman arguement because I used the word belief doesn't make it so.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

Not long.

Our next NLBS episode is, oddly enough, on this particular issue. There's a lot of hype and sensationalism from people with agendas… much of it based on old studies that go back to 1998, well before the FDA mandated in 2006 that Thimerosal (a mercury-based preservative in vaccines) be removed from vaccinations for children under 6 years old. While only a handful of studies indicated Thimerosal could lead to a risk of serious neurological side effects in 1 in 365,000 vaccinated children under three-years old, the FDA still issued the mandate that it be removed.

The agent causing concern over autism as a result of vaccines has been removed from vaccinations for children for nearly ten years.
edit on 28-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

We waited almost 30 years before we started to look at effects of the flu shot. And now there's significant evidence, to show that yearly flu shots aren't a great idea.

So people that were suspecting this like 20 years ago were right.

Knowing this it seems even more irresponsable to deter people from voicing their suspicions.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The agent causing concern over autism as a result of vaccines has been removed from vaccinations for children for nearly ten years.

I think it was in the Swine flu vaccin a couple years back.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

How about the the deconstructing dis-information forum. I understand your reasoning to put it in LOL forum but since the topic is of at the very least a legitimate topic and it is also going to be promoted on NLBS perhaps it can be moved as to be able to get flags and attract members who may be more apt to discuss debate research and learn about this topic if it gets the attention it could get.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I am aware of all the counter actions to this research. That is neither here nor there regarding the facts, the possibility of manipulated data and the fact that there are cover ups in many areas of government.

There could be a real conspiracy in MMR / Autism links, neither you nor anyone else can say otherwise, regardless of any research.

Research can be manipulated by government led agenda either deliberately or not.

If you believe everything you are told from research you would be very confused as they are often conflicting. I suggest you are choosing which information to believe due to your own agenda.

For all anyone knows there could have been deliberately tainted batches of MMR or deliberate additions to the injection given to specific children, Mengele style.

I won't be convinced of the innocence of the MMR program or the government under any circumstances.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join