It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowe Bergdahl to face desertion charges: NBC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Neo you are all about the first and the constitution, did this man not deserve his fifth?

And as already been said, even if the stories are true, he still has not been charged.
They may just be taking the next steps.

So let me get this straight?

Gun owners are guilty.

Cops are guilty.

Bankers are guilty.

Corporations are guilty.

FOX NEWS is gulity.

And NOW YOU SUDDENLY give a crap about courts of law ?

What a JOKE!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Indeed.

That's the case in the military, too.

I trend towards thinking he's a deserter, too, but let's give him his day in court.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Indeed.

I trend towards thinking he's a deserter, too, but let's give him his day in court.

I have yet to see the evidence so no opinion either way.

Not sure if anyone can fill me in on evidence against him?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: whyamIhere

To be fair, lots of sources are rereporting from two sources: Fox News and their interview with the retired officer and NBC News and their high level army informants (though I assume they are just rereporting Fox News since the retired officer's information is also coming from high level army informants, so NBC probably just dropped the part where they got those sources from).

The Army Times has posted clear evidence that this is a hoax and now the New York Post has redacted their story. So, explain to me why you think the standard media circle jerk of rereporting poorly sourced claims has credence over VALID sources like this? It couldn't possibly be because you agree with this indictment? Because that would be putting the cart before the horses.

Just do the honest thing, deny ignorance, and admit that we all just caught the media pushing another lie. It's the media for crying out loud! They don't deserve our defense. They deserve our suspicions and skepticism on EVERYTHING they say, regardless of how it makes us feel. THAT is how you handle the media.

None of us have first hand knowledge. You know how I feel about all media.

But, If he deserted and good men died looking for him.

Shoot him...(6 people died looking is the Fox News rumor).
edit on 27-1-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The interview on Fox explains the status of evidence.

[Quote]originally posted by: crazyewok

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Neo you are all about the first and the constitution, did this man not deserve his fifth?

And as already been said, even if the stories are true, he still has not been charged.
They may just be taking the next steps.

Dont be stupid the constitution only applys to them not other people....i mean duh

Well somebody finally sees it. The Constitution should only be used when defending the wealthy and others who push the right wing agenda. But let someone mention innocent till proven guilty and out the window the Constitution goes. It's funny that FOX is the main source for this thread because they don't think Muslims should have any rights either.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

(Reuters) - U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion for disappearing from his base in Afghanistan in 2009, NBC News reported on Tuesday.

Source

There ya go folks.

DESERTER!

The current administration traded the taliban 5 for a deserter.

Here is a blast from the past:

After the Obama Administration tried to paint Bergdahl as a hero returning home, soldiers who served with him erupted in outrage, accusing him of desertion and suppressing the truth. Then the spin started: a State Department spokesperson suggested that those who came forward were not “credible witnesses;” an administration official called the troops who served with Bergdahl “psychopaths;” and just a few days ago an article in the New York Times referred to them as “raggedy misfits.” To set the story straight, those interviewed wanted Americans to know that they all disagree with these comments.

Source:

Who are the 'psychopath's' now eh ?

Seems to me those who trade terrorist's for deserter's.

Alternate Sources:

Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, against Obama’s wishes

Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion, Officials Say

Remember the White House red carpet treatment for his parents?

I do.

SMH so much typed w/o any thought.

Regardless of the outcome the whine card was going to be played. If nothing was done, a hero was left to suffer. He does something, he was AWOL and deserved being captured by the Taliban.

Such a tired, old record played.

Not a worry about the trillion dollar war that GWB started, you'd think that--the TRILLION dollars--would be something REALLY important to all this fiscally minded conservatives. Alas it is not. Why? Mostly because it requires a real answer and not just useless hot hair pointing out failings w/o anything close to an idea.

Derek

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Everything I've heard is heresay, too. But his fellow soldiers don't seem too keen on his "heroism".

He walked away from his post, which by definition is desertion. Punishable, in a time of war, by death. In this situation? Prison sentence.

It would all come out in a general court martial, if done as it should be.

But way too many entrenched interests highup in the Pentagon, and the White House for it to be done as it should. Unless the general officer, a four star as I understand it, in charge of the investigation doesn't care to continue his career in the aftermath.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
The interview on Fox explains the status of evidence.

[Quote]originally posted by: crazyewok

Indeed.

Id rather not use fox if I can help it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It was a simple question.

Does he deserve his fifth or not?

No gun owners banks corps involved so let's leave the out.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Just do the honest thing, deny ignorance, and admit that we all just caught the Obama Administration pushing another lie. It's the Obama Administration for crying out loud! They don't deserve our defense. They deserve our suspicions and skepticism on EVERYTHING they say, regardless of how it makes us feel. THAT is how you handle the Obama Administration.

I took the liberties to correct your quotation to truly deny ignorance. Surely you do not believe the Highest officials appointed by the Obama Administration would tell the truth and throw Obama under the bus....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
There ya go folks.

DESERTER!

The current administration traded the taliban 5 for a deserter.

Fine with me. Deserter or not in my mind he's an American first, we should be the ones to deal with him. He's a soldier second, and if after getting him back we need to charge/punish him based on his actions in a war zone then that's what needs to happen.

Edit: After reading the thread it seems the news of him being a deserter isn't even credible which makes it all the better that we got him back.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe we should just trade him back to the towelaban.

Perhaps we could use a goat or a chicken?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just a quick FYI, when you join the military you answer to the ucmj first, constitution second.

Personally i expect him to get a quiet article 15 followed by an other than Honorable.

It doesn't bother me that we got him back... But if he walked off post and people died searching for him, anything other than a court martial is bad news for the military.. I don't care if he is found innocent or guilty to many questions it needs to be settled in court.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That is half right.
I know your point but it's not as if they can act as they please constitution be damned.

The ucmj does not supersede the constitution.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Is that so?

Military courts have exclusive authority over purely military crimes.

military-law.lawyers.com...

Desertion is a military crime.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And that proves that it supersedes the constitution how?

That is just about the authority of the court, what is your point?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

None of us have first hand knowledge. You know how I feel about all media. But, If he deserted and good men died looking for him. Shoot him...(6 people died looking is the Fox News rumor).

not really, Here is a report from CNN, all the major MSM's ran similar stories.
well if a solider is willing ot do this for three of em.

"Any of us would have died for him while he was with us, and then for him to just leave us like that, it was a very big betrayal," said former U.S. Army Sgt. Josh Korder, who has the name of three soldiers who died while searching for Bergdahl tatooed on his back.
Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero

i tend to believe what the Sgt. on down in rank said vs. brass,pentagon or politicians say.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Please add further comments to the below thread:

Already been posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join