It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yo girl killed by police--Now threats by Anonymous?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In Longview TX, girl with emotional problems arrives in police station with a knife. Ends up shot dead by multiple police officers.

thinkprogress.org...
"On Thursday, 17-year-old Kristiana Coignard was shot dead by three police officers in the lobby of the Longview Police Department. Coignard arrived at the station around 6:30 p.m. and asked to talk to an officer. Police say the girl was “brandishing a weapon” before she was shot four times.
The three officers, who have not been identified, have been placed on leave. The investigation of Coignard’s death is now being handled by the Texas Rangers.
The incident, at this point, is shrouded in mystery. Officials could not “confirm the type of weapon Coignard brandished at the officers.” Beyond the alleged, unspecified weapon, virtually no details about the events that immediately preceded Coignard’s death have been released. "
More at link.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Jack Boot Thugs couldn't just tase her?

I don't have all the details but this seems a bit extreme to me.

Now time to queue the apologists...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

From OP link:

They were provided with few details of what transpired but were told that a video of the incident, including sound, exists.

I wonder what they plan to do with this footage, let's hope it doesn't magically disappear.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Suicide by cop.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Gee I wonder how first trying to talk someone down before killing them would work?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Perhaps. Or a teenage girl doing some dramatic acting-out.
Whichever--the cops who killed her are gonna have to live with that for the rest of their lives. If any of them have a conscience, it will likely weigh heavily upon them many times.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

(post by Firefly_ removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

link   
There was also a teen aged girl murdered by police recently in Denver...

Clicky

Again
edit on 12u3412pmb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

link   
The post I originally made was a reply to a member who's post I misread so I have removed it.

Sorry

edit on 27-1-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow this town is 20 minutes from me.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why is it specified as a knife when officials couldn't specify the weapon?

Anyways lets applaud the bravery and heroism of these officers in the face of such a threat...

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am continually amazed at the knee jerk reactions to stories like this. No facts as of yet, but hang the police!

This is the mentality of a large part of the public.

Light the torches, somebody grab a rope, we'll lynch these some-beeches and find out if they did anything wrong later.

Yea, humanity is on the right track.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
But...but...she could have wiped out the whole police department with that knife(?). We had to fill her full of holes.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The article I saw had comments from mom that the girl was bipolar and depressed and had already been hospitalized twice for suicide attempts. Seems to me that maybe she couldn't off herself so she got somebody else to do it for her. From what little is known, anyway.

Not a lot info to go off so far but hey, don't let that stop your crucifixions!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The poor girl, seems she was bi-polar and into aliens.

In an interview with Think Progress, Coignard’s aunt said “I think it was a cry for help. I think they could have done something. They are grown men. I think there is something they are not telling us.” Robertson went on to say that her niece had suffered from a bi-polar disorder and that her niece’s mother had died when Coignard was 4. According to Robertson, Coignard had tried suicide on numerous occasions, in one attempt she drank toilet bowl cleaner.

Her Facebook page reveals little information about Goignard. Her last post, on January 12, shows a young boy and girl seemingly about to walk into another dimension. On October 28, she posted a MEME that read, “We are in this world, but not of it.” The two groups she was a member of are “Extra-Terrestrial Races & Civilizations” and “Exopolitics Group.”

Seems this department has a problem with shooting people.

This Is the Third Controversial Shooting Involving the Longview Police in 6 Months

heavy.com... ristiana-coignard-longview-cops-police-department-shooting-murder-weapon-facebook/

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Treat the animals the same way they treat the rest of us. They have no respect for any of us. They view us with nothing but contempt. We are just potential criminals to them, and they treat us as the enemy. So they fully deserve every ounce of vitriol and hatred they get, amongst worse.

Our knee jerk reactions are just angry posts. Their knee jerk reactions end lives. They are supposed to be trained professionals. But in reality they are nothing but murderers and liars. They are worse than the most dangerous criminals in prison, because they have the law on their side and can do what they want with impunity. They know it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Sure she may have had issues, but DONT DARE to paint this as "suicide by cop". They should not be allowed to get away with it, even if it was they should NOT have taken the bait. She clearly needs help, but its easier to just kill someone who is sick than actually help them. Its easy to # all over those who are already down.

I despise the human race.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Everyone take notice that skin color is never mentioned or made an issue in this story. I think we all know this is because she's white.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Dr0neT3k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
She had a knife not a gun and she was surrounded by police. Why do we have tazers?
Nope not ok. Anybody can go around shooting everyone that looks threatening. Nothing hard or brave about that.
If it still looks this bad After they put out the video(if they do) I'll be right their in Longview protesting this bs.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ya the non confirmation of the knife reeks to me.
Not saying she didn't have one but why the non confirmation of what she was brandishing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join