It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter: The Beast of Bray Road

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: Tangerine

Uh, I didn't scream. And yeah the dude's working as a psychologist. And she's a journalist. What's your point?

Oh, and I have photographic memory--and I remember being born. Sorry that makes you jelly I guess? lol can you nitpick somewhere else? I already said I don't care if you don't believe me. The things you have an issue with aren't even issues so...move along, buddy.

No, he's not working as a psychologist. I looked him up. He's an MSW (ie. he has a masters degree in social work) who is working as a psychotherapist. There's a difference between a psychologist (someone with a PhD in psychology and licensed as a psychologist) and a psychotherapist. In many states, anyone, including a bartender or a mechanic can practice psychotherapy. Apparently, your photographic memory didn't capture the image of the diploma on his office wall.

Sure you can remember being born. You have an active imagination. I'll give you that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia Your friends didnt see it or smell it? Maybe what you heard was another animal, a bear or a stag. Perhaps you imagined seeing something, as it was dark and you were terrified.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Anubis259

No, I mentioned my fiance is an Eagle Scout. He's seen and heard animals like that. It was nothing he or any of us had heard before. They felt it and heard it. Just because I'm the only one who saw it doesn't mean that it wasn't there. In fact, wouldn't it actually be weirder if everyone had seen it? That would be a bit too neat, don't you think? I do. Idk what to tell you. But there was no misidentification. I'm a big animal fan and I know just about everything it could have been. But it wasn't any animal I've ever heard of nor is it anything indigenous or foreign. And I know quite a bit. Or know how to find out. But despite all of my research I don't have a positive match nor anything known that matches it. And I challenge you to find something to make me believe otherwise.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Eh, ok fine. But his opinion is still a professional one. And he has more than just that license. Plus, my story doesn't change and I am mentally fine minus some anxiety. Your pigeonholing behavior and fixation with pointless minutia is more indicative of mental disturbance than anything I've said up till now. What, just because I said demon you all of a sudden think madness? How uneducated! Open your mind a bit or go and study psychology--I am. And by the time I'm done I'll be more than just a shrink so~ lol Come at me, bro.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia I'm not going to try and make you believe otherwise. I just think your either lying or your mistaken. There's nothing here that constitutes evidence. Just a story. Interesting but not convincing.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I find your story fascinating I grew up in Michigan and wouldn't you know places I used to hike/camp with my family (never heard of Dogman bigfoot or any other cyptids when I lived there)this place has had many sightings of dogman especially in Manistee,Chealse,Holly and Michigan. I have not lived there in more than twenty years but I would love to go back like to see one(maybe) I just find it fascinating. Anyway Scott Carpenter has a video of a dogman don't know if you have seen it I think it's really compelling. Thanks for coming forward with your account

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anubis259
a reply to: rukia Your friends didnt see it or smell it? Maybe what you heard was another animal, a bear or a stag. Perhaps you imagined seeing something, as it was dark and you were terrified.

Not terrified enough to scream or warn the people supposidly outside the vehicle.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Eh, ok fine. But his opinion is still a professional one. And he has more than just that license. Plus, my story doesn't change and I am mentally fine minus some anxiety. Your pigeonholing behavior and fixation with pointless minutia is more indicative of mental disturbance than anything I've said up till now. What, just because I said demon you all of a sudden think madness? How uneducated! Open your mind a bit or go and study psychology--I am. And by the time I'm done I'll be more than just a shrink so~ lol Come at me, bro.

More than just what license? An MSW isn't a license. What license does he have? When the mundane facts of a story don't check out (which is all we really can check), it raises questions about credibility.

I have studied psychology. I have a masters in it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Don't let the naysayers nitpick you to death. Paranormal experiences like yours don't translate well and they can certainly be non-sensical.

The thing is, those of us who have experienced the paranormal first hand know what's what. And we know our world is larger than can be imagined and contains possibilities not spelled out in any textbook or syllabus.

It's the first hand experience of witnessing the "impossible" that is educational. The realization that you've been lied to your entire life concerning the very nature of our reality. And it's an open mind that allows one to be receptive to being a witness to these type of things.

Have you ever read up on skinwalker ranch?
If not I would recommend looking into the book Hunt for the Skinwalker. It's a perfect example of how science fails to pin down and define the paranormal.

Also, as a previous poster mentioned you should definitely checkout that Scott carpenter fellow. He always hikes with a go pro camera rigged on his back after having a dogman encounter. He's got some interesting videos after he's examined the footage afterward.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your experience and don't think twice about posting any other or any further experiences here.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

thanks man. I'm more sensitive to criticism than I like admitting.
I really appreciate what you said--helped me feel a lot better about sharing. it's like yeah I totally understand my story sounds nuts and unbelievable...but it's true and I wish it weren't such a weird story and that things fit better but it's the way it is.

I think with things like this, ppl who haven't experienced such strange things dont understand that when this stuffs happening right before your eyes, you still dont want to believe it's happening. and that is really scary in and of itself. not even including the fear one gets when witnessing something that all logic says shouldnt exist.

one other thing I wanna mention, is that although I described it pretty well, it was almost indescribable. like yeah, it looked "like" a werewolf I suppose. but like no depiction of a werewolf ive seen anywhere. the thinness was similar to you know how lupin looked in that azkaban harry potter movie? like imagine that body, thinner limbs, covered in this awful wet and dirty tangled orange red brown long hair (thin enough for skin to be seen thru). and the head I described in my OP. if that helps with helping ppl visualize this a bit better.

I am pretty familiar with skinwalker ranch and with skinwalker lore. seems to me that the skinwalker thing (the spell method of wearing the pelt) is really similar to how aztecs used to do things. I will look into carpenter more. is he the one with that video of the dogman? (the michigan one, I think?) I don't know much about him, though, and ill familiarize myself with that and more with the skinwalker ranch. that place even feels creepy to google lol

the other thing it sounds like is la bete du gevaudan. I know there's a thread here on that (ty for that thread, whoever made it btw. helped me a lot when I was first looking into trying to I.d what id seen.)

I have a couple more experiences yet to share. kinda apprehensive lol part of me is scared of sounding nuts but I feel like the importance of sharing outweighs that.

anyhoo, thank you everyone for contributing and reading. love you all

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

ok. that's actually what I hope to one day accomplish.
good for u btw. do u practice?

on a somewhat off-topic note, I actually would really appreciate your advice..

I can't decide if I want to go into CBT or do something else like psychopharmacology, since I suspect job openings for paychotherapists aren't projected to be too abundant, right?

what would you suggest double majoring in, if I might ask? I currently just psych but thinking of adding either communications or either english lit or european history. is there something better, though in ur opinion?

edit on 31-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

the fur was reddish orange brown--almost like the clay dirt that is in south carolina.

height? 9 feet tall. but the ears were huge--so without those maybe 8-8.5ft
it was dgitigrade like a canine.

the sound it made was like nothing i've ever heard before or since. like a howl/growl/scream/roar at the same time. it was the loudest noise i've ever heard. must have had some big lungs. Wasn't like any animal sound i've heard. was gutteral and gruff--but it projected. like a bullhorn.

the sound of the feet approaching went: thudthud thudthud thudthud thudthudthudthud thudthudthudthud thudthudthudthud.

i mentioned those points in the OP. but it was long as all heck so, np

a reply to: Zona
thank you--i'm glad you enjoyed it. and don't worry--i watch lots of paranormal t.v stuff too haha it's pretty entertaining. and sometimes hilarious. but sometimes it's also legit ^_^

the only thing i can think of as to why they'd be interested is that I remember before being born/being born. And I've always believed in god. my family also has a trend of being very sensitive (rh neg mothers side)--which i think has to do with a basque heritage/mexican heritage. I am very intelligent and curious.

And I like to chat
the thing i first met was BIG on chatting (happened when i was 2 nearly 3)...wanted to be 'friends' (kid you not). it was an ordeal that's a whole 'nother thread. but i'll say that i think it wanted to tempt me. I remember saying 'no' (everything ended well btw--got my butt saved again back then.) A lot of other really fked up things went down when it visited me--things that I have a hard time remembering and describing. but basically it showed me how things in this reality 'worked' and then told me some of my future and basically taunted me.

maybe it's because i talk too much =X and am foolish in that way. i have made some dumb choices in order to satisfy curiosity. so i guess i'm probably a good target to at least try to tempt, yknow? not that it'll do anything since i'm stubborn and very resolute in my standing on morality and on related spiritual things.

i guess the main reason i'd think they'd want to mess with me is just to mess with me--perhaps to try and confuse me. or to scare me. i know i shouldn't dwell on it--which is why i'm sharing my experiences. so that i don't have to hold on to those memories anymore or dwell on them. since it'd probably be better and easier for someone not involved to look more objectively at things and figure out if there's anything important to be gleaned from them. i guess you could say i'm sharing these experiences (/planning on sharing) for cathartic purposes.

i'm being a bit flippant and goofy because i don't know how to answer entirely and because i kinda hate how i can be so awful sometimes. but regardless of how fun being evil would be, being good is what's important to me.

edit on 31-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

ok. that's actually what I hope to one day accomplish.
good for u btw. do u practice?

on a somewhat off-topic note, I actually would really appreciate your advice..

I can't decide if I want to go into CBT or do something else like psychopharmacology, since I suspect job openings for paychotherapists aren't projected to be too abundant, right?

what would you suggest double majoring in, if I might ask? I currently just psych but thinking of adding either communications or either english lit or european history. is there something better, though in ur opinion?

or any other new opportunities in the psych field that you know of?

I actually don't work in the field. Psychopharmacology might be a good field to consider. You really need to find something that matches your interests and your talents. English lit is very interesting but there's not much you can do in that field unless you want to teach. The same is true of history. Try courses is a variety of subjects and see what piques your interest. I think that there will also be job openings for clinical psychologists but that requires a PhD. You might want to go in that direction. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

thank you very much. yeah, a ph.d one day would be totally the dream for me.

clinical psychology--i hadn't really thought of that. maybe add clinical laboratory research as the second major, then. since that is a growing field, i hear.

i may just give it a shot. I'm already taking way too long to earn my BA so i might as well try something new.

well, wish me luck on being able to fund all of this

that's honestly the most difficult part for me in my quest to graduate and go on to grad school. anyways, getting way too off topic
my fault haha. thank you again! gave me a lot to consider.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I can't say HOW you would know but did you FEEL any intellect response?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I will come to Wisconsin & hunt this demon with you.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

anytime! i've been where you are now and i know it's not an easy place to be.

the way you describe the coloration and appearance of the fur is interesting.(awesome to use lupin as a reference by the way, love him
) it really does remind me of how the family at skinwalker ranch described the appearance of this huge wolf they had a terrible encounter with on the property. reddish, matted down gross smelling hair, with a big bushy tail. very muscular and very tall for a wolf. abnormally so. at first it sauntered up to the father like it was domesticated, putting the family on edge. then it loped over to a calf that was inside a pen. it took its head in its mouth and tried to pull the calf through the bars of the pen in front of the family. the father, an experienced hunter and rancher with degrees in animal husbandry shot the "wolf" several times at near point blank range with a .357 magnum pistol. a round big enough to put a softball sized hole in the animal had no noticeable effect on it. no blood, no wounds, though he was feet away seeing the rounds hit their mark. it's then that he yelled for his son to get his 30 aught 6, a high caliber hunting rifle. He fired a couple of rounds at the "wolf" with the rifle and it looked at them with a blank expression as if not registering that it was being hit with high capacity rounds of ammunition. It was with the last round or so that that the father witnessed a chunk of flesh come off of the animal and it trotted off after that. The father who needed some sense of closure tried to track the animal when it's tracks stopped dead in a field. Like it had been picked up from the sky and disappeared. Upon inspection of the flesh patch left behind it was decayed and smelled like rotting flesh. The family and the scientific team NIDS (national institute of discovery sciences) had multiple encounters with seemingly every type of cryptid of which the wolf & dogman were one of.

Oh and by the way you can get a pdf copy of The Hunt For The Skinwalker for free online.

As for the scott carpenter guy he is from Michigan and he has captured picture/video of a Michigan dogman in the woods. It seems as though he goes to one particular area where the thing is active and it follows him, stays in the background lurching around keeping an eye on him from a distance. I'm sure it can smell him from miles away and knows the he's there the second he's on it's turf. He has a theory that they always purposely stay out of his range of sight in the front and the sides so he hides the video camera on his back and lets it run. Like a live rear facing trail cam mounted on his body. Which is able to capture the occasional head or bust peeking out from behind a tree or what have you. I think that it kinda catches the thing with its guard slightly more down than normal.

havent heard of bete du gevaudan, going to have to do a search on that one. love hearing about new things!

edit on 3-2-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OP,

When you describe the sound it sounds to me like the sound a charging elk would make, especially in breeding season. Just my opinion on the sound, everyone's experiences are their own.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I did. When I looked at it, I felt almost locked for a moment as we stared one another in the eyes. It was weird of course, since they weren't normal animal or human eyes and just glowing orbs--sorry, it's difficult to describe them. You know how the back of a car has those red lights that are sometimes circular--they were a lot like that. Or like those little orange clear round lego pieces. Except eyes and not plastic lol. It never blinked, also.

During that stare-down I felt almost like it went into my head for a second, if that makes sense. This is also when I smelled the awful death smell (which was so thick) in the car (which disappeared right after this, come to think of it. It was there one second and gone the next). It seemed very intelligent and I got the sinking feeling that it could hear what I was thinking, even though that sounds crazy I know.

The only thing I can compare it to would be like you know how in the lord of the rings when pippin looks into the palantir and sees sauron how sauron's gaze affects him? Kinda like that. Sort of. It didn't move closer toward me--no words were said or felt. Just a feeling that I was about to be ripped apart by this thing and that nothing was going to save me from that. And then that's when I had that song pop into my head which seemed to break whatever trance I was in and I was able to look at it again without getting frozen.

I don't know if this answers your question. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you were asking or anything

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

it wasn't an elk. Had I not seen the culprit standing 9 feet from me directly after the incident, I would still say it wasn't an elk because an elk doesn't sound like what I heard.

Yeah, I'd love if this could be explained but it cannot be. Trust me, I've tried.

The sound it made wasn't of any animal that I know of. It was like many voices converging into one. It was unnatural-sounding and seemingly way too loud. As I said, I was with an eagle scout who has had plenty of wilderness experience. And I know a fair bit about animals myself--enough to not misidentify something that's standing smack-dab in front of me on a clear moonlit night with snow cover.

Not to mention that others besides me have seen what I've seen and can describe it to a T. I encourage you looking up sighting reports if you want to check that. All of the sightings back one another up and there's no way they could unless they actually all saw the same thing. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
edit on 3-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join