It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: infinityorder

Nobody demands everyone gets paid the same...they demand to make enough for food and shelter when they work 40 hours.

Then maybe they should get more education, more experience, and more skills so they can provide more value and get paid more money.

You are a little out of touch with the real world aren't you? If everyone went to college got an education there would still be poor people simply because there isn't enough high paying jobs for all those college educated people. So there would still be people working low paying jobs even if they did have higher education. Like the old saying goes the world needs ditch diggers too.

Exactly, and it is s necessary job.

Why should the ditch digger have to be homeless and hungry because he isn't a stock broker?

It makes no sense at all...unless your on the up side I guess. Then apparently it makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Lol,well that makes them kinda "conspiracy theorists" or even "preppers"

What was the gov stance about these 2 again?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
Why should the ditch digger have to be homeless and hungry because he isn't a stock broker?

It makes no sense at all...unless your on the up side I guess. Then apparently it makes perfect sense.

Because its easier to “pay less” or “nothing at all” to contracted or indentured “labor” when there is another willing laborer/slave waiting in the wings to do the work for less or nothing at all. Its actually quite simple, if those not in the 1% refused to get married or have babies from here on out, & FORCEFULLY blocked any future immigration, the 1% would very quickly need to raise wages. Otherwise nothing the 1% want to get “worked on”, would ever get done. When low-wage/low-skilled labor becomes scarce in the larger market, wages go up, even for skilled labor and the highly educated.

In the past, when there wasn’t enough money to go around to pay both wages & PROFITS the “owners of capital” simply brought in more indentured servant immigrants (Irish, Italians, Chinese, etc) or used, flat out, slave labor (Blacks, Native Americans, domestic prisoners, POW’s, etc). The only difference between now and then is that “owners of capital” can’t LEGALLY have slaves or indentured servants anymore, BUT they do have the same pressures as before, to keep their "high wages" flowing and laborers working, even when there isn’t enough “PIE” to go around to pay those laborers for services rendered. The mechanisms today that replaces slaves and indentured servants are the following: longer than needed formal education for basic employment, off-shoring of labor, forced retirement, prisoners and welfare.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There is a revolution. One of them is the "Tiny House" movement, one is "off the grid". The other is, prepare for the next financial meltdown since republicans are in power now.

Save as much cash as you can. Try to buy a piece of land. Barter.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiberius10721
a reply to: infinityorder

I'm as right wing and conservative as they come but even I must agree there are no good paying jobs out there for kids graduating from high school and college. Everybody I know are working multiple jobs just to survive! I have never seen so many empty buildings everywhere I go available for lease.
I have a feeling this economy is going to come crashing down hard because of the long term affects of corporate and political greed. Corporations are getting away with murder,govt spending is way out of control yet we the people have to live within our means something's got to give!

I am also a " right winger" by most standards.

On the economy though....most are blind to the facts.

The entire market is not running on free market principles.

It is already fixed from top to bottom.

" too big to fail" means the antitrust laws should have broken them up long ago...and definitely not allowed them to merge and get even bigger sense.

Tens of millions of low wage illegals come in nothing is done.....the middle class is shrinking because of it.

So at the bottom we have artificially reduced labor costs....at the top we have monopolies that when they fail get bailed out by the federal government....as the financial sector fails the big guys don't actually lose anything regular folks lose all their 401ks though.

The top has rigged the game...the bottom is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Either the actual free market must return( OK by me) or something else must be done.

This is the reality.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: neo96

There is a revolution. One of them is the "Tiny House" movement, one is "off the grid". The other is, prepare for the next financial meltdown since republicans are in power now.

Save as much cash as you can. Try to buy a piece of land. Barter.

Hasn't Obamacare taught you anything about how these "counter responses" will play out?

What do I mean exactly?

Many forget that we now live in what "could" be considered a fascist country, with oligopolies running it behind the scenes. What usually results in this kind of situation is, the "owners of capital" will "legislate" mandatory purchases in the future, if revenue does not match their expectations or projections (for the good of the nation of course, i.e., Too-Big-to-Fail).

So for example, if someone chooses not to buy unneeded goods or services, they will simply pay a "penalty" at tax time. When the "owners of capital" run out of consumer goods that they can "strongly coerce" people to buy in order to go to work, such as, gasoline, internet connection, car insurance, bus/subway fare, cell phones, suits/uniforms, soap, deodorant, razors, etc, they will simply make it law that you have to buy them, in certain quantities before tax season (the current Healthcare dependent Flexible Spending Account, FSA, is just the pilot program, one day we will have an FSA for ALL goods and services, use-it or lose-it).

You will not be allowed to be frugal in the future because the "owners of capital" will take close to the same amount back, when a person tries to save money by reducing purchases, in the form of "tax penalties". In the future when someone chooses "not to buy" and then doesn't have the proper "proof of purchase" coupon to prove they bought these items, in the required quantities, when tax fillings come due, the IRS will have some way to calculate the amount "you should have purchased" (sounds a little like a college FASFA in reverse).

Look at solar roof panels, many local governments are taxing people for installing them because they reduce dependence on local utilities, which in turn drive down privatized revenue being collected by the contract companies hired running the utilities.

the worldwide battle between utilities and solar
edit on 27-1-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

originally posted by: Edumakated
In other words, life is not fair so there is no use in you trying to compete. That is essentially what you are arguing.
I had a friend who had everything handed to him in life and he blew it. Then I know people who have basically nothing but their own ambition and drive who wind up being successful. I also know people who started off on third base. All you can do is play the cards you are dealt. Sometimes you will win, sometimes you will lose.

You didn't answer my question. We were talking about how Immigrants find success. I explained how they do it.

Also, why I assume I am not successful? Can you not, read between the lines? Remember when I said:
I married a Vietnamese person with a family nail business.

So back to my point,

Could you move to a city, RIGHT NOW, TODAY, 100 miles away from where you are living now, stay with family for free for a year and work in their private business, learning until you can start your own location, THEN ask them for a loan to start it all?

Personally, I could not have done that. But I accept that life is NOT FAIR. I am not the one crying about things not being fair. On the flip side, I also could not have gotten a $1 million dollar loan from parents to start the restaurant chain I wanted to when I was in college. Big Fking Deal. Again, life is not fair. no point in crying about shoulda, coulda, woulda. What I could do though with the cards I was dealt was focus on my education which got me into a good college. I did stay with family members during a summer so I could work for free to get some experience at a non-profit which led me to getting a phenomenal internship at bank the following summer which when combined with my excellent grades, I had offers on Wall Street along with some other prestigious companies coming out of college.

See how this works? You just hustle within the constraints you are given. You can't sit around crying about what other people have or don't have.

Now that I have "made it" I hope to be able to leave an estate to my son so he can take advantage of opportunities that I did not.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

That's the thing about 'right winger'.

It gets thrown around quite a lot by people who don't know what it means.

'Right wingers' that believe in the FREE MARKET ?

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

It is actually a fundamental principle in classic liberalism, not what passes for it today.

True RIGHT WING ideology supports the subjugation of the markets.

That destroys, jobs,wealth, and creates poverty, and income inequality.

" too big to fail" means the antitrust laws should have broken them up long ago...and definitely not allowed them to merge and get even bigger sense.

The only reason anti trust laws were created was to outlaw private monopolies. Government monopolies is ok.

The US government is the largest monopoly in this country and totally legal!

And it, and it's programs have become too big to fail. The bigger it is. The more money it takes to maintain it.

Also destroying jobs, wealth, and creates income inequality.

The top has rigged the game..

If by you mean those millionaire congressman. I would agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Personally, I could not have done that. But I accept that life is NOT FAIR. I am not the one crying about things not being fair.

See how this works? You just hustle within the constraints you are given. You can't sit around crying about what other people have or don't have.

Now that I have "made it" I hope to be able to leave an estate to my son so he can take advantage of opportunities that I did not.

Boy did you go off on a tangent. You stated the following, in an earlier post:

There is nothing stopping Americans from doing the same.

I responded to that statement. The reasons they do not do the same, is because most Americans will not work together with family to build wealth TOGETHER, grow small private businesses TOGETHER, training their young to keep that business going TOGETHER and then be willing to loan collective capital, to relatives, entering & expanding the markets that the families have those established businesses in.

Second you seem to not understand whats going on in the job market for employment seekers, without capital or the skills needed to start their own businesses:

Heck, even with unemployment overall being at 6% means that only 6 people out of 100 aren't working. So again, unless you aren't willing to do what you need to do to get a job, there is no reason to be unemployed if you are able bodied.

This principle is still at work today, when you take the time to recognize that portions of the population are actively discouraged from participating in the full-time labor market. This is easily done, by throwing people in prison, forcing them to attend formal school longer and allowing more people to claim themselves as disabled or collect long/short term welfare. The next obvious step for government to further reduce the number of people participating in the full-time labor market is to allow them easier access to welfare or as some have been recommending lately, a guaranteed minimum wage or allowance that everyone gets, without having to provide labor to an employer first. This above noted cohort of non-participants, collecting a base amount of guaranteed welfare/allowance, will likely keep wages stable for those whom are still working full-time. If all people capable of working full-time, entered the job market simultaneously, wages would crash and to a certain extent have, as of 2014.

Do I really sound like someone with no education and no business experience? If you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

Of course, such a movement is not for everyone. And, it is not for anyone who wants life to be without challenges. But I totally embrace it. The waning middle class is taxed from every angle, with no bailouts. We are use to it.

Of course, the corporations and republican politicians will try to find a way to dismantle it too. That is to be expected. We will find another way around.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

We will find another way around.

What way, wandering nomadic tribes?

There's a tax on that too, its called a citation in most jurisdictions.

Police served homeless people in the city with almost 40,000 citations over a five-year period

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I have a mortgage of 50K comparred to 150K, leaves room to pay my taxes. I pay my taxes without "boohoo"ing.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I have a mortgage of 50K comparred to 150K, leaves room to pay my taxes. I pay my taxes without "boohoo"ing.

I too have a mortgage and pay taxes for it as well.

Whats your point.

My point was, you can add all the solar panels you want, composting the day away, but it won't change a thing when the local utility loses too much revenue after your neighbors install them too and then find a way to "tax" you for the lost revenue they were collecting, before you installed the solar panels.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How is this different from what preppers do, or would do, if they had the resources?

Sort of absurd to try hang this on "income inequality" - just as likely they're "vacation retreats", or "prepping for the zombie apocalypse."

Seriously, what do you think is gonna happen? That one day, all the welfare queens are gonna wake up and say "Today's the day I'm gonna march down to Central Park West and kill me some rich people?"

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
the "rich and elite" crowd has already found their paradises here on this planet and they dont share any information about it, got to keep out the riff-raff and others that think differently about our cozy little home sweet home,
they dont need to participate on message boards or try to make sense of any conspiracy theories, they are happy, all their needs are taken care of for free, lovely weather, great sex, latest movies, etc.
so... ok whatever

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If your house is on wheels, you go around a lot of fees and laws. I am not so much worried about taxes. I don't want to pay 400 to 600 EVERY month to utilities. Also, I want to practice what I preach about conservation.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Yeah, it is that black and white.

Working hard at something is better than complaining about others who have succeeded.

Everybody has the ability to take action to improve their life.

And yes, there are consequences for smart decisions and bad decisions.

I didn't say it wasn't but working hard is not necessarily going to advance your career or bring you more money.

Many people work their behinds off their whole life and still struggle to make ends meet. If you are smart enough then maybe you can gain some extra skills/education and maybe you can move up the ladder but not everybody has that, doesn't mean you should struggle to to eat or freeze your backside off.

And I am not sure exactly what you mean by your last line in relation to what I said, please clarify for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Do I really sound like someone with no education and no business experience? If you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Yes, you sound like you couldn't run a lemonade stand. There is NO EQUALITY. There will ALWAYS be somebody somewhere who has an advantage over someone else. So Asians culturally live together and help each other start businesses. Good for them! So freaking what! I never said you had to open a nail salon. Wealthier people can help their children start businesses. Good for them!

My barber was telling me a story about how he was trying to get his son to learn the trade, but his son doesn't want to go to barber school. He even offered to help his son start his own shop. His son rather be a dept. Manager at Wal-Mart. He isn't making anywhere near what he would as a barber but doesn't want to invest the time. His father was trying to get him to see how expendable he is with no skills but it isn't getting through his thick skull. So 10 years from now when he is still stuck in this dead end job and gets replaced by a robot, we are going to hear the same sob stories about how life isn't fair because he squandered every opportunity to go bigger.

This is the land of opportunity. It is up to each individual to figure out their own path. In my case, all I had was being able to get a good education. My parents couldn't afford to let me study art or some other bullshizz. I knew I had to get a job and good paying one, so I figure out the path and took it. I would have loved to be able to start a restaurant, but I couldn't because I couldn't raise the capital I needed. That's life! I started a business that didn't take as much capital and it has been fairly successful.

You play the hand you are dealt. That simple.

You are just trying to make excuses as to why some are successful and others are not.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
People have been doing this for years. I remember discussing it on ATS in 2007/08/09. Like Bush and his property down in South America, Bolivia maybe?

Anyways, if I had the money, I'd do it too.

It was Uruguay, he and Cheney both.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes, you sound like you couldn't run a lemonade stand.

But I have made it, are educated and have a family business to fall back on through marriage, I clearly had to understand something about the economy to accomplish that. I simply pointed out why others have difficulty in the USA. Please, feel free to keep shooting the messenger though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join