It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Down..Possibly Hacked by Lizzard Squad.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So Facebook, Instagram , Tinder and multiple other sites are down and The Lizard Squad is taking responsibility for it. What's going on here and what will be the effect of this?

The social media sites Facebook, Instagram and Tinder were all down Monday night, and a hacker group has already claimed responsibility for the outage. The sites went down shortly after 10:30 p.m. on Monday, and a hacker group, known as the Lizard Squad, claimed responsibility. The Lizard Squad group had previously claimed responsibility for cyber strikes that affected onlineservice for Xbox and Playstation users over the holidays. Social media users took to Twitter to both check on the status of the sites and to discuss the outage. Facebook released a statement at 10:55 p.m., reading: “We’re aware that many people are currently having trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.”

Link

edit on 27-1-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mines working fine. At least now.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yea seems to have just come back up. Mine wasn't working for awhile. Also someone I know posted a thread about it on 4chan and the thread blew up then randomly got trashed.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Im trying to figure out what the point was. Facebook has to have lost millions of dollars over the period of time it was down.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Just another social experiment ?

News all over the world went bat-sh!t on this.. lol

edit on 27/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Glad i deleted my fb last december.

This just shows people care more about bs on social media than whats happening around them

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yea. Maybe it was a test to see how many twits would freak out about it...

a reply to: Annunak1

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Suns going down , birds singing ,tides still coming in and out , oxygen still plentiful . Move along people , it is not the end of the world .

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Were you partly behind this?
Well done!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Project Juno underway !!

link   
I actually thought the same thing. Lol

I also thought reptilians were behind it...

a reply to: kloejen

link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Glad i deleted my fb last december.

This just shows people care more about bs on social media than whats happening around them

Ditto, dumping FB was my New Year's resolution last year. It's been a year+ of a breath of fresh air. I'm aghast that FB having some downtime was even newsworthy at all. Real life be damned, gotta have that site up & running to post Instagramed food pictures to

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It looks possibly weather related to me. The outages seem to somewhat match the storm systems. Major blizzard on the East coast of US. The Facebook outage map is interesting when you look at where was hit

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Really. Facebook recently bought Instagram, so it seemed logic to me both "services" would be down.
If it was aliens, they probably did us a favor.. then we would have to out in the real world, and actually meet our friends.
I wonder, can we poke them too?

edit on 27/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Were you partly behind this?
Well done!

Maybe maybe not! I'll just have give you some heads up next time.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Honestly if face book went down permanently i would be one happy person . I would no longer be stuck in the turning lane while the person in front has their head buried in their lap . Without it the younger people on the ground might be more interested in watching me in case there was something about to go wrong . Yep he died but my facebook status is ok . I might even be able to talk to people that i am working with and have them look at me and comprehend what i am trying to say . I dont make many mistakes but if i do i want someone ready to save me not with their head stuck in a phone .

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Wa reply to: angus1745

I think that those are just the highly populated parts of the world that are dependent on Facebook. And isn't Facebook in San jose?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
F***k Facebook and its dumbing down of the nation.

Have you ever once, ever in your life, looked at a photograph of Fat Barry on holiday and thought: "Ooh, I wish I was him!"?

Or do you just think: "What a c****, on holiday, like I give a sh**. Why am I wasting my time on this turgid computer program?"

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Been working here in the UK all morning so far.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I had problems too and had to log back in via the web site mainpage. And yes, I have a facebook account...I am ashamed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join