It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weirdest thing you ever ate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
McDonalds

They said it was chicken but I'm not sure

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Maggots in tequila, maggots in (ahem) 'wild' mushrooms.

Pig's cheek on the Catalan coast of Spain. It's all tasty as long as you don't turn the thing over. Tender meat on one side and blatant hairy flesh on the other. Makes me queasy just thinking about it!

Also scuttle fish in Ibiza. They're like a baby alien that a grown-up alien puked onto your plate. Expected something like sea-bass and got that instead.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I forgot to mention I have had squirrel before as well. My ex was a hunter and brought some squirrel home and cleaned it up. I chopped the meat up into stew chunks, browned it up, put it into the crock pot, poured spaghetti sauce over it with about 2 tablespoons paprika. Let that cook all day. Boiled up some egg noodles and grabbed some sour cream. Once every thing was done, I put some noodles in a bowl, topped with the lovely sauce, topped with the sour cream, et voila Authentic Hungarian Goulash except made with squirrel instead of lamb or beef. It was very good and didn't taste any different to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I've not had squid jerky, but I did get some dried cuttlefish jerky. That was sort of like salty dried fishy leather. Not bad, but not something that would be my go to either.

Let's see:

I've had microwave jellyfish noodles.
I am a regular connoisseur of animal hearts - chicken are my favorite but I can't get those anymore. Beef heart is a regular on our menu at home and the heart is the favorite part of the Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey.
Sea urchin (tastes like cold crab-flavored pudding) and monkfish liver on the sushi front.
Cuttlefish jerky
Beef tongue tacos, but I had beef tongue my grandma made years before
Conch both sushi and chicken fried
Alligator
Natto - not a fan

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sardines. I love them. All those delicate bones comes with a nice crunch. I don't like eating the Heads tho.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Tho i'm not to fond of fish meat if it is cut and prepared unless the meat has a lot of nutrients i can taste.

I can taste when food is highly nutritious and if someone is *Bland* to me. Withonly a couple tastes, Then it just tastes gross to me.

I prefer eating fish whole. Well, except the flippers fins and the heads.

I don't like it when people cut out the organs and remove the bones. Most fish have hard bones, So cooking the fish whole until the bones are tender. MMMM. I'v always had really great salmon where the whole fish was cooked without the organs being removed. It was traditional smoked salmon from the West here. I love when the bones are cooked.

I can also put ketchup on everything. But i don't. I could. But i that's something i did when i was younger lol.

I like getting those big jars of pickled eggs. NOMNOMNOM. I'l eat an egg any other way tho, Raw- or cooked however lol.
I know i'v eaten a couple living critters. I know for a fact a few spiders have crawed in my mouth and i'v swallowed them. It happens to everyone.

I also like eating cat nip. The plant. I also like eating Dandelions. Well the ones that grow in my yard anyways where i know pesticides arn't sprayed. Their roots are delicious. It's like a harty carrot. I like to eat the leaves of edible plants i come in contact with well walking outside as long as i know no one has messed with them or animals havn't crapped on it

One time i cooked a live lobster and then i ate it. I went to a store and bought a lobster, then i gently dropped it in a pot of boiling water. And then i pulled it apart and eat it with some butter and lemon.

I don't know, i guess my diet isn't so much weird as it is savage
i enjoy being a predator.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Probably dog's milk. I made a cup of tea once and realized I was out of almond milk but since my dog was lactating I just squirted it into my tea. Not bad, not great. A little greasy and off tasting. Better than milkless tea.

Rolled some ants into a burrito once and ate it just to shock my kids. Yup they were shocked and I had to keep that smile on my face despite the crunch and vile formic acid taste.

Oh, and sea urchin.... most vile taste on the planet. A delicacy around here that tastes, to me, like diesel and fish barf.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Sardines. I love them. All those delicate bones comes with a nice crunch. I don't like eating the Heads tho.

I used to love anchovies. As a kid, whenever we'd order pizza, I'd get anchovies in a cup on the side and just gobble them right up. Now, they seem to be all bones and just bug me to death. I don't remember so many bones as a kid. It's like they found the crappiest anchovies on the planet and bottled those up and are selling those to consumers. Blech!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Tho i'm not to fond of fish meat if it is cut and prepared unless the meat has a lot of nutrients i can taste.

I can taste when food is highly nutritious and if someone is *Bland* to me. Withonly a couple tastes, Then it just tastes gross to me.

I prefer eating fish whole. Well, except the flippers fins and the heads.

I don't like it when people cut out the organs and remove the bones. Most fish have hard bones, So cooking the fish whole until the bones are tender. MMMM. I'v always had really great salmon where the whole fish was cooked without the organs being removed. It was traditional smoked salmon from the West here. I love when the bones are cooked.

I can also put ketchup on everything. But i don't. I could. But i that's something i did when i was younger lol.

I like getting those big jars of pickled eggs. NOMNOMNOM. I'l eat an egg any other way tho, Raw- or cooked however lol.
I know i'v eaten a couple living critters. I know for a fact a few spiders have crawed in my mouth and i'v swallowed them. It happens to everyone.

I also like eating cat nip. The plant. I also like eating Dandelions. Well the ones that grow in my yard anyways where i know pesticides arn't sprayed. Their roots are delicious. It's like a harty carrot. I like to eat the leaves of edible plants i come in contact with well walking outside as long as i know no one has messed with them or animals havn't crapped on it

One time i cooked a live lobster and then i ate it. I went to a store and bought a lobster, then i gently dropped it in a pot of boiling water. And then i pulled it apart and eat it with some butter and lemon.

I don't know, i guess my diet isn't so much weird as it is savage
i enjoy being a predator.

Have you ever ate a Chive plant? Or Honeysuckle?

I used to pick Chive flowers on the way home from school as a kid and just munch on them. Very delicious!

Chive Flowers

We also had a fence on the way home that had honeysuckle by the tons! I'd go nuts on it on the way home.
Honeysuckle Flower

Honeysuckle is so sweet, but not too sweet. Highly recommend trying!

My uncle used to have a farm in California way back in the day. (Waaaaaaay back in the day.) Whenever we visited him, you had to take off your shoes, watch out for the sheep (those hooves hurt!), and climb the fig tree to get fresh figs. Half of them would be gone before you even got down from the tree. I have yet to find a good fig to match.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubSea
Quartered, dipped in batter and deep fried "Hog Fries" (testicles) at the Idle Hour Country club in Lexington Kentucky, absolutely delicious. Funny thing we were with this black executive from Boston who did not know what he ate until we told him. Was the first time I ever saw a black guy turn white..

Then last year in Southern Norway, I ate rare grilled whale meat. Absolutely delicious!

Whale meat again...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join