It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weirdest thing you ever ate?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What is the most strange or weird food or bugs and animals you ever ate?

One day, I broke open a Mexican jumping bean and there was some type of larve grub thing in the bean. It looked kinda like a maggot.

I thought "Oh, this is the thing that makes the bean jump."

Then, for reasons I dont know, I wanted to taste the little larve. It was plump and for some reason to me, it looked tasty.

So i said " What the hell?" And I put the little larve thing in my mouth and started chewing it.

It tasted like an almond.

Lol.

edit on 26-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Barbeque squirrel.

A skittle I found behind a dresser when I was moving.

A curly fry off the bowling alley floor.

Beef tongue taco

A nickel.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Might not be weird to some people, but to everyone else I have told, they are somewhat shocked.

Horse Bavette Steak and Horse Tenderloin.

It was AMAZING. Tried it raw as well...melted like butter in my mouth. 1000 times more tender than beef and 100 times tastier!

I would take horse steak over beef any day.

EDIT: bone marrow... a beef femur split down the middle, seasoned and roasted. it was kinda like meat jelly.
edit on thpamTue, 27 Jan 2015 00:10:22 -0600k1501America/Chicago2710 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a bird. The weirdest thing i ate was a bird.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
strange to most of you, not strange to me:

- Tripas (beef intestine stir fried in a wok, seasoned and served like fajitas
- Menudo (beef stomach in a chile powder broth, with hominey)
- home made chorizo. that is basically where all the itty bitty bits end up when you are finishing up the hog slaughter
- Offal. I love bone marrow. Beef shanks slow roasted, seasoned with salt and pepper. Scoop the marrow into a baby portabella mushroom, sprinkle with salt and chives, and continued roasting covered until the mushrooms are cooked. The next time you have a big ol' ham bone, dig in.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
strange to most of you, not strange to me:

- Tripas (beef intestine stir fried in a wok, seasoned and served like fajitas
- Menudo (beef stomach in a chile powder broth, with hominey)
- home made chorizo. that is basically where all the itty bitty bits end up when you are finishing up the hog slaughter
- Offal. I love bone marrow. Beef shanks slow roasted, seasoned with salt and pepper. Scoop the marrow into a baby portabella mushroom, sprinkle with salt and chives, and continued roasting covered until the mushrooms are cooked. The next time you have a big ol' ham bone, dig in.

I eat all that too.

When you make menudo, do you add all the extras? Like lime or lemon, cabbage, cilantro, oregano, fresh onions? Or do you eat it straight?

I put extra red chile in mine.

Just asking how different it is in Texas compared to New Mexico.
edit on 27-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Taco del gato.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Nato beans, fermented beans, usualy eaten over rice for breakfest, its just terrible.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

haven't ate it for a long time, but i used to eat mustard sardines and vanilla ice cream.

NOM

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Weetbix and cockroach . The weetbix was to dry .

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Cactus, when I was down in Antigua on a dig we ate a lot of cactus in various ways, pickled, fried, raw, it was always different.

Tripe, cow stomach, had it with some sort of Korean BBQ sauce, and an Italian way, it was all pretty good actually.

And the weirdest, would have to be deep fried snake skeleton, yup... when I went to the Philippines with some friends of mine we made a stop over in Vietnam, it was for about a day and one of the guys we were traveling with just happened to know a 'great place!' to eat, yea, it was insane in western standards.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Rocky mountain oysters, fresh from that days branding of course.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Pickled shark eye ball.
Curried dog brain.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Cold soup.

You take a bunch of chicken feet and boil them. Then you take the whole thing, liquid included and put it in the fridge overnight to cool/thicken. You end up with cooked chicken feet in this clear jello-like stuff.

It was Eastern Europe...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Menudo...I heard it's good for a hangover, never tried it for that. I had it out of a can once and it was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Perhaps for those of you that are culinarily challenged like the people in the video below , you should try vegemite . Yes Australias favourite spread .

www.9news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I ate live beetles and ants. I don't suggest doing it. They tickle the throat. Also, I ate live lightning bugs. They make your teeth glow but taste very bitter.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Menudo...I heard it's good for a hangover, never tried it for that. I had it out of a can once and it was pretty good.

In New Mexico, we call it "The Breakfast of Champions".

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Snake is quite nice.

Lizard is much the same.

Choc coated bull ants are tangy.

Kangaroo steak is great.

Could not do the live witchetty grubs.

P

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Belly Button Lint

top topics