It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney lies about tax benefits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"Every American who pays federal income tax benefited from the Bush tax cuts," Cheney said. "And so has the economy ... without the president's tax relief, our economy would look very different" with 3 million fewer Americans working.

Full Story

Cheney is lying through his teeth. I have never benefitted from any of Bush's tax cut plans. This is what pisses me off about Cheney. He brings so many lies to the table they're not even funny. I can't believe people actually like this man. He is a disgrace to the American people.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
[Cheney is lying through his teeth. I have never benefitted from any of Bush's tax cut plans. This is what pisses me off about Cheney. He brings so many lies to the table they're not even funny. I can't believe people actually like this man. He is a disgrace to the American people.

Did you pay Federal Taxes in 2000 or 2001? Did you receive a $300 rebate? Are you continuing to pay Federal taxes today? Then, YES, you DID BENEFIT from Bush's tax cuts. Whether you like the idea or not is moot. Just because you despise Cheney doesn't make his tax comment a lie when it is, in fact, the truth.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Did you pay Federal Taxes in 2000 or 2001?

Yes

Did you receive a $300 rebate?

No

Are you continuing to pay Federal taxes today?

Of Course.

Then, YES, you DID BENEFIT from Bush's tax cuts. Whether you like the idea or not is moot. Just because you despise Cheney doesn't make his tax comment a lie when it is, in fact, the truth.

Sorry but if I don't get anything back then I don't benefit. Nice try though.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Benefit?
You DIDN'T benefit from Shyte unless you're in the top income earning brackets. And I'd venture to say, most folks here have gotten it straight up the hershey highway.
But hey - believe whatcha want! It's your bank account. Your struggle.

So ya got $300 cold ones back, eh?
Ooooh. That's alotta dough! Wonder how far that gotcha? Didn't even pay one month's rent/mortgage. Not even close. You folks who think the tax cut did so much for you, you might wanna re-calculate. Adding in the ENORMOUS individual tax-payer cost of this BU# war. Take a much deeper look around you. You're being tripple, quadruple (etc) taxed. Every time you turn around you're being taxed excessively. Inflation's UP UP UP. Your money is hardly worth the paper its printed on. Wake up! You're in some serious denial, if you buy the tax cut helped you. Or you make so much, you're out of synch with most people's reality. It's one or the other.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I thought everyone got that 300 bucks unless they were in the higher tax brackets and even then all brackets have been adjusted down during the Bush admin, unless you're caught in that damn AMT. Did you move or something because you should have gotten it...??

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
I thought everyone got that 300 bucks unless they were in the higher tax brackets and even then all brackets have been adjusted down during the Bush admin, unless you're caught in that damn AMT. Did you move or something because you should have gotten it...??

Move where? To a different home or a different job? I did move to a different home but with in the same city. My job is still the same. I forgot. What's AMT again?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Alternative minimum tax = AMT = Almighty Mega Tax

If you moved, the PO will not forward your mail forever so there is a chance the check came and went back - not sure if they track you back down on your next tax return, could have been the cause of no refund showing up, and yes it's not much - paid my bar tab for a couple of weeks....

I was in the high end of the 28% bracket at the time and I got one....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Inflation's UP UP UP. Your money is hardly worth the paper its printed on.

This is the second time I've seen that you've posted this, and it is no more true than it was the first time you posted it.

Current Inflation Rate
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Ave
2004 1.93% 1.69% 1.74% 2.29% 3.05% 3.27% 2.99% 2.65% 2.54% 3.19%
2003 2.60% 2.98% 3.02% 2.22% 2.06% 2.11% 2.11% 2.16% 2.32% 2.04% 1.77% 1.88% 2.27%
2002 1.14% 1.14% 1.48% 1.64% 1.18% 1.07% 1.46% 1.80% 1.51% 2.03% 2.20% 2.38% 1.59%
2001 3.73% 3.53% 2.92% 3.27% 3.62% 3.25% 2.72% 2.72% 2.65% 2.13% 1.90% 1.55% 2.83%
2000 2.74% 3.22% 3.76% 3.07% 3.19% 3.73% 3.66% 3.41% 3.45% 3.45% 3.45% 3.39% 3.38%

I'm not going to format it to look pretty; you can examine the chart at

inflationdata.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Alternative minimum tax = AMT = Almighty Mega Tax

If you moved, the PO will not forward your mail forever so there is a chance the check came and went back - not sure if they track you back down on your next tax return, could have been the cause of no refund showing up, and yes it's not much - paid my bar tab for a couple of weeks....

I was in the high end of the 28% bracket at the time and I got one....

I have not moved from my home in 10 years so I don't see where you're going with this. I didn't get any money back from the government. End of story. Nice try though defending Bush.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Benefit?
You DIDN'T benefit from Shyte unless you're in the top income earning brackets.

actually, that's not true. I prepare about 700 tax returns a year and I can tell you that there was a lot of "where the hell are these tax cuts" questions this past year.

rebate? what rebate? not everyone got it. not everyone got the child credit either.

when bush put his plan into action 4% of taxpayers were paying the alternative minimum tax. 40% will be paying it when the plan runs its course. of those that weren't paying it in 2002 (me) and are now paying it in 03 and beyond (me) I can say that his tax cut sucked. I fall into Kerry's "top 4% of income earners" brackers but I am, by no means, making a lot of money. Of all the tax returns I had my hands on this past year, maybe 40% of them were in the top bracket. Most of them got screwed by the alt min tax.

Cheney made out like a bandit but he has triple tax free income up the wazoo and shows very little other income.

the tax cuts were rather good for the lowest bracket and for lower income level families. if you didn't see a direct benefit (rebates, smaller taxes etc) it might mean you need a new preparer (not me) or it might mean you don't understand your tax return.

with the reduction in tax rates etc, the withholding charts were changed. So, if you compare your 2002 and 2003 income tax returns you might see that your income was the same or slightly higher but your refund was the same. No benefit? actually nice benefit. the withholding was adjusted during the year to avoid excessive overpayments.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
missing rebates should have been picked up on your return when you filed. if you didn't get it, it might be because you filed after the august deadline (might be sept deadline) that the irs used for that rebate.

might not be entitled to it.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
300 dollars? I recieved a notice later saying I had to file that with my
taxes as part of my gross income.
So it really was'nt a a big deal to me to that I even got a rebate.
It was taxed anyway, and more of my tax money was kept by the
government that year than any other year I can remember.

And I can't be "duped" by any little bones like that "rebate" they
threw to everyone.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What tax benefit? I got none, I have a daughter in college and now my son will join also, and still I didn't got a dime back from the income tax.

Oh, I forgot, I have to be rich of broke down poor to get anything, people like me in the middle are the ones that get nothing but pay for everything.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well Marg, I did get the 300, but Bush turned right around and
took it back later. So what kind of deal was that?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will state again that the top level income earners did not get much of a break, if any at all.

Kerry's plan to raise my taxes was the only reason I was going to vote for him. by rolling back the tax "cuts" he would have reduced my taxes. I ended up not voting for him becuase his plan would have resulted in tax cuts that were meant to be raises and he would have had even less money to run the gazzillion plans he thought he could put into action with no money.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
TextTax refund, where is it, got nothing back from this neo-nazi facist pig government of ours but higher costs on everything and no chance of any relief without gun-play being involved. All of you who suck up to Bu#s line of bad hog-wash are suffering from terminal ignorance. You only think you got something back, FAUX SNUZE as got you fully indoctrinated and so full of propaganda that a brown sap is running out your ears, or maybe you have a wash-and-wear brain. Our government is not ours anymore, PNAC is running things and is using our military to carry out their secret plans to dominate the worlds supply of fossile fuels, all this noise about taxes is just crap to keep you blinder wearing fools from seeing what they are doing to you to futher their agenda, just a few are gaining, mainly those within the military industrial complex, the ones Ike warned us about in his farewell speech, the rest of us are going to be used to ensure that they keep gaining and we keep loosing and loosing and loosing until we are driven to use the same tactics these aledged "terrorists are driven to use such as suicide attacks and improvised explosive devices etc. I see the only difference between the present US leadership and the Nazi German Gov, is the color of the flags and the language and location and time, you sheeple who are following this degenerate are french kissing the pig that Bu##2 has put the lipstick on
. Didn't Hitler also send all of his imagined enemies to the camps. Also do you remember the breeding farms Hitler had set up to breed his "master race", weren't some of those in Austria where the Govenator of Calif was born, how old is Arnold and just what was his mom's job during the Nazi occupation of Austria, and wasn't Adolf from there too?. ok enough for now, LMAO........."conspiricy is not coinsidence"

top topics

join