It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb Dumb Americans Repeal the bill of rights???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: datasdream

Individuals that would trade Freedom for Safety will end up with neither...

And another thing - I don't mind stupid people as they can be educated. I worry about the other ones...

In my opinion intelligence can't be taught.

It is either something a person has or doesn't.

Doesn't matter how much useless information a person is taught.

It's how they use the information given to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes, the American people really are this stupid.

Look who we keep electing, to congress? Over and over again. We keep electing Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi and John Boehner and Mitch McConnell.

Look what's popular on TV...Duck hunter! Kim Kardashian... blah....

we are going downhill.

Well said, and we could probably add more to the list.

edit on 26-1-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I used to have hope in an intellectual revolution here in the US, but now starting to lose hope.

I am constantly amazed at how addicted the younger generation is to social media and everything that goes with the smart phone. The technology is there for us to actually learn and progress, but everyone just seems to be distracted by all the circuses that the smart phones and social media constantly provide. It truly is a Brave New World today.
edit on 26-1-2015 by jrod because: o

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The problem with that technology is that it's a crutch. It temps the young to think they are sooooo smart because they can simply look up whatever it is they don't know. The problem is that they don't actually earn the knowledge and don't actually absorb it. They just blindly repeat it and forget it as soon as they move on.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It is highly unfortunate but the American public has to be the dumbest in the world. Yes there are other countries with strange beliefs and cultures,but we take the cake for dumbness. People seem to put all of their energy into symbols thinking that is what it takes to be patriotic.In the meantime they miss the whole point of our government being founded on our constitution and bill of rights.

Think about it,people grow up with a certain religion whatever it may be in their home life,they just blindly believe it and don't really question it. You do have some critical thinkers,but most just go along rather than think for themselves. Its just easier that way. If you stop and question them about it,pointing out that if they believe this way,then why do they do these certain things that are against it,they become defensive and don't want to talk to you.

In school they are fed nonsense from our so called education system. They swallow it hook, line, and sinker. The schools do not teach them to think critically,they just want to pour this stuff in their heads and shove them up to the next grade.These kids then are fed a steady diet of Face book,ipads,iphones,and video games,to where they don't bother to think about the world around them,nor do they care.Then they grow up wondering why they don't feel complete or happy with their lives,never understanding,its not how much money you make that makes you happy,its what you do with the money to make you feel complete and care for those around you.

They then hit their 20s and 30s and guess what? They don't know how to think. If it doesn't include texting or selfies they have no idea what is going on. You ask them about world events and they don't know why Israel and Palestine are getting into it. They don't know what is going on in Ukraine or Russia or China or anywhere.They are clueless.

If by some chance,we ever do have a SHTF situation on our hands,some of them may get a crash course in how to think and use it. The rest will be winnowed out. Its that simple. As far as them taking over in about 20 years,yeah theres no hope.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just having information does not make a person smart. I think many fail to realize this. True intelligence is being able to recognize patterns, solve puzzles, and math problems.

What good is knowing a bunch of useless trivia? (besides a Jeopardy appearance)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Asked a bunch of leading questions and suggestive phrases.

It's pretty easy to talk somebody into saying what you want them to say, and he's clearly pretty good at that. Especially when it's a surprise question that's a completely made up scenario.

I would be interested to know how many people said "no" and how many people he failed to talk into agreeing with the statement.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I used to have hope in an intellectual revolution here in the US, but now starting to loose hope.

Don't hold your breath.

The Human Species has another 25000 years or so to even get close.

First, the current so-called "Intellectuals" need to reverse the trend.

They are the ones who always cause the biggest financial crashes and social breakdowns.

The intellectual braineurysms need to dissipate before the psychiatric and psychological problems equal out.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: ketsuko

Just having information does not make a person smart. I think many fail to realize this. True intelligence is being able to recognize patterns, solve puzzles, and math problems.

What good is knowing a bunch of useless trivia? (besides a Jeopardy appearance)

Agree there-despite dislike for the Binet IQ-, however, if the voting base is stunted in knowledge about their government makes for an issue. Basically makes for what one person was saying on the video loosely that "The government knows best!"

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I used to have hope in an intellectual revolution here in the US, but now starting to loose hope.

Get government out of education.

Get rid of the department of education.

Get rid of the clueless that determine 'intelligence' is determined by how many billions of dollars get thrown at kids to make them 'smarter'.

And there would be a 'revolution', and a restoration of what America use to be.

Some of the greatest minds in the world.

Landing men on the moon, etc.

All that happened before the DOE, and progressives.
edit on 26-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That may be the case, but the there are influential people in Arizona who don't agree with the current system.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream

What say you? Is the public really this dumb?

It would appear the ones that voted for Obama are.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And there would be a 'revolution', and a restoration of what America use to be.

Some of the greatest minds in the world.

Landing men on the moon, etc.

Just kidnap a few more German Scientists & instead of trying them for War Crimes stick them in a Laboratory...

Hey presto...

You'll be landing men on the moon again in no time.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Last week, Dice also trolled San Diegans by telling them that Martin Luther King, who was murdered nearly 47 years ago, had just died. Instead of correcting him, the respondents went on to concur with several other erroneous claims, such as King being the first African-American to walk on the moon and the first African-American to appear on Mt. Rushmore.

Says it all really...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

we landed men on the moon thanks to progressives!

Lyndon B. Johnson was the only reason we managed to get to the moon, or had NASA accomplish what it did in such a short amount of time. Mostly because he wanted to encourage high-tech industry to move into the south.

though if you want to be technical, LBJ was a new-dealer; and not a progressive. (the progressive era was teddy-roosevelt and (possibly) woodrow wilson, which fits your dislike of the FED to a degree).

America was what it used to be through effectively not-being blinded by the promise of a "free-market utopia". the beginning of the neoliberal era (which we're probably still in), began with Ronald Reagan, who made us believe the weatlh would "trickle down", and who's economic proposals were "voodoo". We began to elect politicians who believed "government couldn't work" and who were determined to make us believe it to.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I used to have hope in an intellectual revolution here in the US, but now starting to lose hope.

1. The educated and critical thinkers are not only far outnumbered as it stands, but they are being outpaced when it comes to reproducing.

2. Take away net neutrality which allowed for a medium for the masses to utilize, without the information being filtered for marketing or propaganda.

3. All up coming Tech is based around Artificial Intelligence, MInd reading and manipulation, and Autonomous Surveillance or automation.

Yeah, I'm not to confident in a brighter future, hopefully Mother Nature has a few tricks up her sleeves.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That may be the case, but the there are influential people in Arizona who don't agree with the current system.

Same in Texas. But their problem is, all the real money is behind the status quo. Which, if we are honest....i can't imagine that the status quo would be all that great to destroy given our economic status.

That said...the Texas state level educational apparatus is atrocious. I have known a few solid educational professionals get run out for promoting common sense approaches to what passes for education in Texas. ETA: worse for the country: you guys tend to buy textbooks that are standardized for Texas educational systems. So if its bad here...its bad everywhere else.

Something that makes my blood run cold: Apollo Group bought out Macmillan publishing. I know a lot about Apollo...but it doesn't take knowing much about who they are/what their goal is to know they are the worst thing to happen to American education since teen drug use.
edit on 1/26/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh, come now. We can't have it both ways ... Did we only make it to the moon because we stole Germans or because of Lyndon Johnson?

Or maybe it just says it all ... Democrats have been in bed with Project Paperclip since the beginning?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And another thing - I don't mind stupid people as they can be educated. I worry about the other ones...

Agreed!!!!

That's why I love ATS....it is next to impossible to have an intelligent conversation in every day life.

Even on subjects a lot of disagree about, at least almost all of us are knowledgeable and well read in the context of whatever subject we are arguing over.

Go ATS ..... Thanks concentrating so many strong minds in one place!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I agree to a point, but watching shows like duck hunter, honey boo boo, the Kardashians makes us stupid in a way. I really do think that.

America is a smart nation, so why do we keep voting in the retards we have in congress. You can let it slide on the president. He gets one maybe two terms. But these congressmen...some of them are in for life. That's the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join