It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb Dumb Americans Repeal the bill of rights???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Note this was a troll by Alex Johnes

"Beachgoers in San Diego blithely agreed that President Barack Obama should be given the power to completely repeal the Bill of Rights in the name of fighting ISIS in another disturbing insight into the unthinking malaise of many Americans."
Taken from:
www.infowars.com...

Read the contents. The sheeple were led into wanting the Bill of Rights revoked “Whatever he wants to do it’s probably best for the country,” agrees another woman before adding, “Go Obama!”

It shows a lack of critical thinking by the public and of course negative responses may have been edited out by and the shocker responses output.

What say you? Is the public really this dumb?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Low information voters on either side of the isle have given us a Bush Dynasty, Clintons, Obama, and a congress with an 11% approval rating with the same faces, generally speaking, for decades.

No one should be surprised...Unless you're one of these idiots.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes, the American people really are this stupid.

Look who we keep electing, to congress? Over and over again. We keep electing Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi and John Boehner and Mitch McConnell.

Look what's popular on TV...Duck hunter! Kim Kardashian... blah....

we are going downhill.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Not really a troll by Alex Jones, more like Mark Dice and parroted on Alex Jones' website.

I can't stand Mark Dice. I hate that people can be that stupid and fall for fairly simple psychological tricks to get them to agree without thinking, but Mark Dice does nothing to dissuade them from this line of thinking and actually is encouraging it in a way, in their minds they think they're helping by signing these bogus petitions. Additionally, how many people DID NOT fall for it that he edited out to get the dumbest of the dumb?

edit on 26-1-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

Individuals that would trade Freedom for Safety will end up with neither...

And another thing - I don't mind stupid people as they can be educated. I worry about the other ones...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I would like to see an unedited video to see how many people it took to find some clueless ones.
Maybe I would be shocked how few it takes though.....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Did they use a brain activity meter too?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I would say the average person who is at the beach during business hours Monday through Friday may likely be in a demographic that is less likely to carry insight into things like government, world politics, and current events (that aren't learned by reading facebook posts).

Just my thoughts on the matter. And yes, there are a lot of uninformed people. Not dumb, because they are capable of knowing. They just choose not to, and instead select other things to know (like celebrity gossip).

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Doug Ducey (sp?) is the new Governor of Arizona. The first thing he did after getting sworn in was introduce a law making it mandatory that all Arizona schools make seniors pass a civics test before being able to graduate.

That's right, a politician actually wants the people in his state to be educated in the ways of politics. And if that isn't surprising enough, Arizona is now the only state in the union that has that requirement.

I just thought I would throw something positive into the mix.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

if Charlotte Iserbyt is correct, dumb is the goal of education.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

In a word yep.

Never over estimate the intelligence of the American voter.

Politician's sure don't.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Obama has been elected TWICE. Of course they public is really that stupid.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
O'Reilly has a segment called Watters' World. Here's some of its greatest hits.

They do at the end discuss the percentage of people who will stop to talk to them but not how many they typically have to interview in order to make up one segment. And this is a composite of some of the worst of what they discovered.

For those of you who don't know, Jesse Watters goes out and interviews people at various venues. He asks them questions typically about current events or American history, but sometimes he'll ask them a bit about themselves too (hence the guy who talks about doing a dissertation on cross-dressing). Then they cut in the worst with movie clips for the show.

There really are some clueless people running around.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Obama has been elected TWICE. Of course they public is really that stupid.

Yes we can!

Change we can believe in!

Forward!

Simpleton slogans for the simple minded.

I most certainly concur.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."-- William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)

I think the goal posts have shifted. It's easier to simply bombard the mind with conflicting information, interlaced with highly ambiguous information, peppered with abstract tangents.

The mind goes in to a state of total capitulation and shuts off critical thinking. So in the end it's not about believing. It's about leaving people in a state where they are ready to be programmed. A blinking cursor.

Throw something like American Sniper into the mix and people will swear they are knowledgeable about the Iraq war.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Why American Sniper specifically as opposed to every other Iraq War movie made by Hollywood recently? You know why not mention Generation Kill, The Hurt Locker, Green Zone, Body of Lies ...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Why American Sniper specifically as opposed to every other Iraq War movie made by Hollywood recently? You know why not mention Generation Kill, The Hurt Locker, Green Zone, Body of Lies ...

And Zero Dark Thirty, and Seal Team Six.

Of course those movies are perfectly acceptable.

Which pretty much proves the op.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream

Apparent in the majority. Then there's...

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
Not really a troll by Alex Jones, more like Mark Dice and parroted on Alex Jones' website.

I can't stand Mark Dice. I hate that people can be that stupid and fall for fairly simple psychological tricks to get them to agree without thinking, but Mark Dice does nothing to dissuade them from this line of thinking and actually is encouraging it in a way, in their minds they think they're helping by signing these bogus petitions. Additionally, how many people DID NOT fall for it that he edited out to get the dumbest of the dumb?

Seems it's how he picked the demographics for street interviews, "trendies". Maybe afterwards they'll(selfies generation) wonder what they were filmed for. One girl admitted she was drinking before hand, probably shouldn't answer. Embarrassing wake-up to that they were wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm really not surprised by this. I've actually seen people that dumb. These are the idiots that raise hell about under inflated footballs or some stupid thing and say they're going to riot if so and so team doesn't win and then sit back and say nothing while their rights are stripped away. Idiots.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join