It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan C: The Cold War plan for martial law in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Plan C: The top secret Cold War countermeasure which would have brought the United States under martial law

Source / Alternative source
There's a lot of information here. I haven't had the time too read or sift through all off it, however, it details a cold war era plan "Plan C," that started in April of 1956. The plan allowed for the federal government to mobilize and be prepared for an imminent threat, pre-nuclear war option.

Starting on April 19, 1956, the federal government practiced and planned for a near-doomsday scenario known as Plan C. When activated, Plan C would have brought the United States under martial law, rounded up over ten thousand individuals connected to "subversive" organizations, implemented a censorship board, and prepared the country for life after nuclear attack.

Under the plan, which would be a near doomsday like scenerio, some 12,000 individuals would be rounded up and detained, considered a national security threat for their ties to subversive organizations.

12,949 individuals would immediately be detained as a likely threat to national security for their ties to "subversive organizations."

Here's how the likely plan would be carried out:

Officials would designate certain personnel as essential, and develop secretive remote backup offices to be used in the event of an emergency. Each of these sites was to have multiple communications links with the outside world.

The plan was to go into effect before actual war broke out, but when conflict with the USSR seemed imminent.

Martial law would be declared, and 12,949 individuals would immediately be detained as likely threats to national security due to their ties to "subversive organizations."

Soviet diplomats and couriers would be taken into protective custody before being handed over to the State Department. Embassies would entered and searched for nuclear devices.

"In July of 1957, a memo ordered the destruction of copies of the Plan, perhaps because they were outdated, superseded, or just too controversial."

I would say all of thee abovementioned, considering this was over 60 years ago. I couldn't imagine living in that era, digging bunkers, school drills, ect...

One boogeyman down...maybe..LOL.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

War Plan White...Operation Garden Plot...

Not exactly new. There's all manner of plans sitting around in cabinets and safes in the Pentagon. The government has likely always planned on how to deal with civil unrest/disturbance. Regardless of what the cause for it may be.

ETA: that being said, I'm familiar with this type of thing because I was interested in the color codes and all that. I find it all interesting, I just don't think its sinister or anything. I realized I sounded a bit gruff up there.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: ETA

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shamrock6

Your right. I thought it would be interesting to discuss, haven't seen any threads about it.

ETA: l don't believe it's sinister either. Thought it interesting all considered.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Are you referring to the color coded stickers on property and mail boxes, believed to be FEMA ?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Definitely some interesting stuff, especially once you start drilling down into what some of the plans entailed and WHY they were created. The thinking behind them, I mean.

Have to bear in mind the world and politics at the time, but it gives an insight into what people were thinking about and worried about back then.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Right! They're called "contingency plans" and they are a fact of life with civilian and military aspects of government aimed at pre-thought out plans of action. Really nothing sinister about them even if they do deal in some cases with extreme actions.
I know of a military officer that was involved with traveling around the Far East making, updating and putting into practice (minor) aspects of such plans. You might want to call it "event policy planning" to put a more innocuous handle on the term.
Martial law would right right there on any list that had to contend with a potential national emergency. We would expect no less.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intunewithmyself

Are you referring to the color coded stickers on property and mail boxes, believed to be FEMA ?

No, but I've always thought it was hysterical that people believe the almighty, all powerful need to send people out with stickers so they know what houses to hit. They have a list of people to whack...but instead of using the list to whack those people, they use the list to put stickers on a mailbox. Because nobody would ever think a sticker could fall off or that a person could change the sticker.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

They would need an equal or superior numbered group to "whack" with,especially if the reason is not a contingincy but say a coup of some type ,which would be a hellish mess.
COG would be AFTER a national attack or WMD response. I spoke to a Ranger who examined a nuke energy site for the auspices of REX84.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You missed my point. My point is that supposedly they have a list of who to whack. And instead of using that list to whack people, they're going to rely on stickers on mailboxes? That can fall off? And are easily removed? What if somebody moves? Ahhh, go out and put another sticker on their new mailbox. After we update the list with their new address.

Makes sense to me

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I suppose we will have to wait until the NSA has crosscorrolated and created an "INSIGHT" like Capt America's 2nd movie shows.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'll have to stay vigilant.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I suppose we will have to wait until the NSA has crosscorrolated and created an "INSIGHT" like Capt America's 2nd movie shows.

You may wait. I spent my afternoon running all over putting various shades of day-glo stickers on random sticker-less mailboxes.

That'll keep em guessing!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You may wait. I spent my afternoon running all over putting various shades of day-glo stickers on random sticker-less mailboxes.

That'll keep em guessing!

We can sell stickers that say, "I support the NWO" to put on mailboxes. It'll be like putting sheep blood on your door when god called for the first born sons of Egypt.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I don't know about stickers on mailboxes(wouldn't put it past the fools in charge though) and while this video is far from perfect it has a bit about stickers on highway signs that may or may not be true(I really have no clue) but I have always found interesting. It's kinda hard to see the backside of signs so I've never looked.

I can see reasons why they might use this on major highways but I stress I don't know anything other than what the video shows, a few stills of some stickers on signs that could be anything. Also, I have no time stamp as it's been years since I last viewed this. The movie has loads of disinfo, or at the very least misinfo, but had a huge influence on me back when I first saw it. She wasn't far off though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I imagine Americans of Japanese descent experianced exactly what this would feel like when America incarcerated over 100,000 of them during WW2.

Im surprised this particular plan is imprisoning so few, only 12,000, though that could probably just be high profile political targets, actors etc. Chances are any modern day plans for martial law will include the detention of millions.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Martial law could come in any case of various disasters wether man made or otherwise.

Full gun controll in effect. . . . .

top topics

join