It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse (North East US) Post your photos or live updates.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I live in mid southern Ontario, we had two major snowstorms where I live, the first one last year dropped about 9"+ of snow and the second one in December dropped about 14"+ of snow. My driveway is almost 1000' long and I live on waterfront so if I get stuck, help is going to be a while. I got in my little GMC Z71, put it in 4 wheel drive both times and drove up and down the driveway 2 dozen times to make that white junk flat since I don't have a plow. The next morning I went to work, no problem. If you live with snow, get snow tires, learn to drive a front wheel drive car properly or get some kind of AWD or a 4x4, the anxiety level caused by bad weather will drop by about 80%.

Actually it's kind of funny considering the climate we live in, that all cars and trucks don't have at least a 12" ground clearance and AWD. That's not to say I don't like my sports cars as they do have a purpose, but they are for those few months of summer when there isn't snow on the ground, so a 2" or 3" ground clearance works nicely. These wankers though, that go out in lowered vehicles in the winter without snow tires, deserve everything they get.

Cheers - Dave

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Mean while here in North Georgia its bad.

May have to start shutting roads down.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

snow is but a distant memory to me at the moment....i am on the NSW/Queensland border and am sweltering a lot,everyday i need to spend at least 3 hours in the surf as it is averaging around 36+ Celsius

I'll be in Cuba shortly, and I'd be lying if I didn't confess spending a lot of time dreaming about the 3 Bs...book, beach& beverage!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Thank You for the giggle! Cheers.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Oh ya...the Publix will have empty shelves.

Stay safe yanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: NotMoose

I can't believe i just saw this.
I know this guy, i worked with him.
Yes he is Canadian hahaha

How much snow is projected? Last year we got 4 snowstorms in a row and the city was mostly buried the rest of the winter. There was literally nowhere to put the snow, they had to contract out giant snowblowers/dump trucks eventually to clear the 6 foot snowpiles we had for sidewalks.
edit on 27/1/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Snowmageddon? 3 feet of snow? Im sorry but I cant help but laugh. Canada gets more then 3 feet every year and we survive. just dont drive in winter like you do in summer! adapt! all this end of the world nonsense is hilarious!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I so find this funny hearing Americans complain about a super light snow fall. I'm in Calgary wishing for snow it's fking +12 in winter right now. we usually have 5 feet of snow and it's - 40 right now. Lol I have a tee and shorts on thinking about going fishing with this summer weather

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm from the NE in the USA and this whole 'snowmageddon' and 'snowpocalypse' mantras are embarassing. It's all a media contrivance as ratings fodder for the news outlets. Then you have 80% of the sheeple getting their marching orders from the same media and they run to the store for bread and milk as soon as they mention snow on the idiot box. I myself get the forecasts from the Farmer's Almanac who are more correct than the Accuweather and Doplar radar. Decades ago when I was younger we expected this white stuff when it got colder for three months every year. I have never been housebound for more than a half day because of snow in 50+ years.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
lol some of the u.s. is funny in how they react to weather.

a few years ago we got 2' one night, I drove to work, 50 miles one way, and was 1/2 hr late because i had to ride the rumble strip to figure out where the pavement was and where the ditch was. I got wrote up because i was late.

N.E. we see whole city's shutting down because of a bit of snow. We dont call it a deep snow until it's taller than the hood of the truck, and you have to put the chains on to plow a road with the front of the truck.

From the post i've read, i think Montana is more canadian than U.S. when it comes to winter. at 30 we put on a jacket, at -30 we get our heavy coat out, about the only thing that keeps us at home is if we get -30 or -40 f with a strong wind. That will chill your bones, but if there is no wind, its no big deal, just have to plug the car in and let it warm up a while before you decide to go anywhere.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How is any of the "Snowmageddon". I live near Rochester, NY and we get some of the worst lake effect this state has to offer. That's nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They really hyped it up for us here, at least in Putnam County. Definitely glad about that, power stayed on the whole time, never really windy either.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse! What a complete joke. We should expect nothing less from these morons in the media. They thrive off of spreading bull crap. Whether it's attempting to cause race wars, a deflated football, the doom and gloom of global warming or some meaningless storm, rest assure these imbeciles will blow it all up for the herds of idiots to swallow.

Wow! I wonder just how much their beloved economy lost today? Well if you were stupid enough to not find a way to work anyway, then you just have to bend over, grab those two ankles, and take what they are giving you because that is what fools have no choice to do. LMAO! ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, the New Yorkers and Joiseyans are pissed. LOL Even though they got their French toast ingredients, they did not like the fear levels being ramped up.

Everyone's mad at De Blasio, Cuomo, and Christie

Social Media calling Blizzard 2015 a Bust

Meterologist apologize

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse! What a complete joke. We should expect nothing less from these morons in the media. They thrive off of spreading bull crap.
It's not as if the storm was staged by party planners. Would you rather prepare for the potential effects of the weather system and laugh it off if it didn't deliver, or get caught in a major winter event with your pants down?

We know from winter...we'd rather laugh.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
A place to post photos, news and rants about the Snowpocalypse going on in the North East US.

I am watching the news and it looks bad, but I would rather hear from the people that live there.

Please post anything you feel that is relevant: prayers, info, photos, maybe even status of loved ones.

Best wishes

www.foxnews.com...

Here in NY it was a wash. I'm sitting in Brooklyn. The night of the storm, when it was supposed to be gale force winds, 6 of us walked merrily to a bar. There was snow coming down, but nothing crazy. Not even white out conditions.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Well, the New Yorkers and Joiseyans are pissed. LOL Even though they got their French toast ingredients, they did not like the fear levels being ramped up.

Everyone's mad at De Blasio, Cuomo, and Christie

Social Media calling Blizzard 2015 a Bust

Meterologist apologize

Great Links and thank you very much!.........The first link you so kindly provided says it all in my opinion.....fantastic post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
It's not as if the storm was staged by party planners. Would you rather prepare for the potential effects of the weather system and laugh it off if it didn't deliver, or get caught in a major winter event with your pants down?

We know from winter...we'd rather laugh

I know winter too, I lived in Idaho. But yeah I understand what you're saying, and being prepared is always better than getting caught with your pants down. All I am saying is that the Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse labels are taking it too far, if preparation is the concern. It's ridiculous.

See, what it actually does is cause people to not prepare enough the next time around when they make a big deal about an approaching storm. So it works both ways, like the chicken little the sky is falling and the boy who cried wolf stuff. In can be good, but it can be bad.

I think saying hey, a huge storm is coming, get prepared, is good enough. ~$heopleNation
edit on 2-2-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join