It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Darkest Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Tonight at 10pm on Channel 5+24 (Freeview 55) [Wont make any sense unless you are a UK member].

Not a bad little offering this if you've got a couple of hours to kill.

I caught it last night on Channel 5 by accident while channel-hopping and watched it right through, even though I had to go out.

"Sci-fi horror starring Emile Hirsch and Olivia Thirlby. A group of young American tourists try to survive in Moscow after an invasion of invisible aliens. (2011)"

I like the idea that there could be invisible aliens; I like the whole concept of the invisible world in general (dark matter and dark energy).

Far more interesting than the film itself, if truth be told (some fairly gung-ho CGI effects).

But if the idea intrigues you, you should find it mildly diverting.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This was not a terrible movie, it was just a little bit from great.
Does that make sense? Lots of potential with the story but didn't quite get it right.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I like the concept but I'm not much of a movie person as of late. The possibilities for life and how they'd look are endless. Admittedly humanoid lifeforms would be preferable because it would be easier to relate to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Yes. I found myself suppressing the urge to ask questions and just immerse myself in it. They could have made the aliens a lot more authentic and scary by leaving out the CGI effects altogether; would have been a damn sight cheaper to make too (note to self: don't watch any more movies with CGI effects in them).

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I almost watched this last night but it got such terrible reviews I didn't bother.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That might be a good plan. Avatar had great cgi, but the story was just dances with wolves in space.
I could make a nice list of movies I felt had a great idea and they dropped the ball.
Battle Los Angeles....
Pacific rim....
Etc
Etc
Etc

join