It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM cutting 111,800 of its staff.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

In reality we are never redundant to each other.

We need to find a smart way to handle this type of thing, we need to step back out of the situation and look at it and realize that productivity and the making of money is not the be-all end-all of a healthy society. We've got other priorities that we need to acknowledge to be healthy to ourselves and our surroundings. These days we've got responsibilities but no accountability.

I write that and end up thinking of Terrence McKenna, we need to reinvent ourselves, we need a total re-evaluation of what we're doing and where we're headed. And the only catalyst big enough for that to happen is either if society collapses, or if we consciously do it ourselves but that would require a revolution the likes of which we've never seen before. I think only technology and spirituality are capable of that kind of reach. I think it would be optimal if genuine and pure spirituality were to guide technology. We're hanging by a thread here folks, honestly, I think it could go either way. But sooner or later something's got to give.

Or maybe it could happen incrementally but I'm not sure it would with humanity being manipulated the way we are.

I'm with Onequestion here, partially because I'm lazy but also because technology could allow it, less work, more time for family and more personal time. We're so caught up in this rat race that we rarely even have the chance to give ourselves some time, to be alone, for introspection, for building healthy relationships, to be creative and to grow as an individual.

They don't want that, they want the kids being raised by the state and for both adults to work a soul crushing 9/5 job with barely any time left to take care of the household or the kids.
As they say, eat, sleep, work, consume, die..

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
That's funny, because IBM just hired 6,190 H-1B foreign workers from India last year. This is not a sign of IBM struggling or failing or going under - this is just another American company gutting its American work force in favor of dirt cheap tech workers they can import for a fraction of the cost of their traditional American worker. Guarantee you, that if you compare the hiring of H-1B workers at IBM in the past few years to the number they have laid off or fired, there will be a strong correlation.

FYI they are firing around 6000+ Employees in India as well

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join