It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 year old forest discovered in the North Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hi Guys

I have just come by this cool find on my travels. I know this area has been known about for a while, but I'm sure this discovery will shed further light on it.

There have also been forests found either side of the Atlantic,dated approximately 3600years and it is clear if you examine the info/data, that there was a global 'inundation' at that time,as well as plate upheaval, originating from a cosmic interaction as highlighted here:

3600 Years Ago:

"In the July 15, 1999 paper published by the journal, Geophysical Research Letters, the Sahara desert's arid climate change occurred quickly and dramatically 4000 to 3600 years ago. A team of researchers headed by Martin Cluassen of Germany's Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact research analyzed computer models of climate over the past several thousand years.

They concluded that the change to today's desert climate in the Sahara was triggered by changes in the Earth's orbit and the tilt of Earth's axis. The switch in North Africa's climate and vegetation was abrupt. In the Sahara, "we find an abrupt decrease in vegetation from a green Sahara to a desert scrubland within a few hundred years" scientists reported.

No longer were grasses and other plants collecting water and releasing it back into the atmosphere; now sand baked in the stronger sun and rivers dried up. The scientists do not say what caused the change in the tilt of Earth's axis."

I believe as the evidence indicates,that these sites are clear examples of plate subsidence of the Eurasian plate and Mid Atlantic Ridge (as the blog below explains) not just melting ice and tsunami,which as it happens,did also occur, but cannot be Solely responsible for this,I expect many to disagree,but for those willing to leave conditioning at the door, this is for you.

My main aim was to share this here, so I may not be tending to this thread as I would normally and I'll leave it for further discussion and digestion and please excuse the modest OP as I cannot add images ATM on my phone.

10,000 year old forest in the North Sea:
www.dailymail.co.uk... rope.html

Doggerland:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

poleshift.ning.com...

edit on 26-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Submerged cities, forests, etc are being found all over the world.

This points to a rise in the world's oceans. It does not appear to be localised. Also, the time frame appears to be similar when the submergence happened. Very roughly almost four millennia ago.

I am still not ruling out Noah's Flood and The Epic of Gilgamesh as being folk lore stories based on this.

Abraham came out of Mesopotamia, so the Bible describes. I look at these legends as being possibly a folk memory of mass flooding. Remember, the Noah stories relate to an earlier time before the Hebrews and are Sumer/ Mesopotamian in origin as was Abraham.

It may have been a slow process, though, I will admit that. I am sure more answers will come as it is not that long ago in geological terms.

Where I live here in Cornwall there were legends I read about last year that the island of St Michael's Mount was once a rock outcrop in a forest. It is an Island just off the coast these days. Then it just so happens that year stumps were discovered of the trees after the storm. Geologists had no prior knowledge of this. It was a legend that kept the memory.

I have a scientific mind, but remain convinced there is some credibility to these tales of a flood.

EDIT; "St Michael's Mount (Cornish: Karrek Loos yn Koos,[1] (Carrek Los yn Cos), meaning "hoar rock in woodland",[2] also known colloquially by locals as simply the Mount is a small tidal island in Mount's Bay, Cornwall, United Kingdom.".

edit on 26-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Very fascinating indeed. Atlantis/Lemuria skeptics eat your hearts out

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Since the oceans are predicted to keep rising, the ATS of a couple thousand years from now will be talking about the rediscovery of Key West and New Orleans.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

My favorite threads, ancient earth cataclysms thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud
It is an Island just off the coast these days. Then it just so happens that year stumps were discovered of the trees after the storm.

What storm ?

My family have known about the petrified tree stumps visible at low tide near St Michaels Mount for at least 3 generations.

And lets not forget the fact that Cornwall was once one huge river delta from the glaciers up north, 10000 years ago. The conglomerate rock types can be seen in the cliffs at Top Town, Basore Point, Trenow Cove, Maen-Du cove and Perranuthnoe whilst walking from Marazion to Praa Sands.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Such tilts of the Earth's axis are actually pretty common place and astronomers are all too familiar with this topic. The cycle for these tilts runs roughly around 26'000 years and generally is between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.

A tilt in the axis can and does have profound effects on the climate. This is perfectly evidenced in the Sahara, with lush vegetation being replaced by desert.

What i would say is that 3600 years BCE, the previous Ice Age had ended - glaciers had already melted.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

The sea levels most definitely rose over the last thousands of years, but that doesn't mean that Noah's flood myth is anything but a myth. The fact remains that there isn't enough water on the planet to cover the entire earth. And even if there was, all that water would crush everything underneath it (there wouldn't be a submerged forest for us to even look at).

The Noah's flood myth was probably just a localized flood that was bigger than normal, and some dude rode it out with his family and livestock.

new topics

top topics

join