It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Curtis Bitter Lake documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
im posting this for those who can't access bbc i player. It's a great documentary by Adam Curtis who was responsible for other fascinating documentaries such as Century of the self and The Power of nightmares.

Bitter Lake is a new, adventurous and epic film by Adam Curtis that explains why the big stories that politicians tell us have become so simplified that we can’t really see the world any longer.

I started watching before bed last night, but didn't get to finish it. The first hour was fascinating and looked at the Quincy agreement. An agreement which has pretty much shaped the modern world.

From 14 February, President Roosevelt and King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia met aboard the Quincy. During the meeting, President Roosevelt tried to persuade Saud to give support for Jewish immigration to Palestine and hoped that Ibn Saud might be able to offer constructive advice on the Palestine issue. There, Roosevelt and Saud concluded a secret agreement in which the U.S. would provide Saudi Arabia military security – military assistance, training and a military base at Dhahran in Saudi Arabia – in exchange for secure access to supplies of oil.[1]

Part of this deal was that America would not interfere with the Wahhabi religion of Saudi Arabia which is the religious philosophy of many of the extremist Islamist groups we now see across the world.

Anyway the full documentary

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Will be watching this tonight.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Truly a fascinating documentary.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Cheers woodwardjnr

I am looking forward to wacthing it.

The Century of the Self and The Power of Nightmares were truly exceptional - I would have to credit them for giving me a whole new perspective on Society.

I would also add Adam Cutis' "The Trap" to the list.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

nice one....will comment later when i have finished watching

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Was ok, America has allowed Saudi fundamentalism to grow fairly unchecked on account of American dependence on saudi oil and with that has grown the power of commercial banks with dire consequence for the people and governments alike.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Youtube no longer working for me,but you can still watch it on BBC iplayer thankfully.

Another incredible film by the master of modern civilizational deduction:

www.bbc.co.uk...

All films Adam Curtis makes should be taught in schools IMO.
He is one the most important documentary filmakers of our era.
He picks apart those dirty pieces of history we do not see on the news,shows us what is lurking in the shadows just under the suface.

An historian with dangerous knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join