It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps people who bemoan the perils of religion can't face the truth about their naturally self destructive and selfish human nature; and want to scapegoat a choice that they feel they will safely never select.

The truth, however, is evident.

Yes expressing concern over the effects religion has now and has had in the past obviously means you're a bad person!

I never said that. It is entirely your inference.

The level of emotionality attached and constant analysis of religion by those who profess they are nonreligious and atheist is telling.

Surely such people should be more ambivalent, especially as they claim their standpoint is the result rationality and reason?

edit on 11/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"The conclusion of this lecture is that the universe has not existed forever. Rather, the universe, and time itself, had a beginning in the Big Bang, about 15 billion years ago."

Yes, that statement there. Where he affirms that the universe is NOT infinite, that it had an origin and has a boundary. What's pissing me off is you keep claiming I'm somehow being "intellectually dishonest" for repeating the same thing the most brilliant astrophysicist on the planet also said.

I think you are just mad that I challenged your statement like 6 pages ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Many concepts of religion exist in the present as well - the concept of right and wrong for one thing has many contradictions within Christianity as one example.

Right and wrong is a society morality what contradictions do you see there?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Religion is always a bad subject. The Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Roman Catholics, etc all believe that they are right. I guess within the first 5 seconds after death we will know the truth. Whether you come back as a butterfly or a tree or you never come back.

In the end is all about what you did with this life. Did you live a moral life and did you make an impact on peoples lives.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Where he affirms that the universe is NOT infinite, that it had an origin and has a boundary.

Hawkins doesn't AFFIRM anything other than his THEORY!

WTH? Why do you think that other physicist refuse to also affirm the above?

Look, keep your head in the sand, or wherever the heck you bury it, or bang it, I don't care. But don't tell me that Hawkins' theories are undisputed fact and simultaneously ignore the links and citations that I've posted refute your claim.

That's intellectual dishonesty.

edit on 12-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You were implying it.....very devious.

The level of emotionality attached and constant analysis of religion by those who profess they are nonreligious and atheist is telling.

Prey tell atheists why you think it is that they dislike the effect religious folk's superstitions have had and still have today......

Surely such people should be more ambivalent, especially as they claim their standpoint is the result rationality and reason?

Irrationality and ignorance based on mysticism is always met with reason and rationality (or it should be). I'm not sure why you would expect anything different.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

You were implying it.....very devious.

Prey tell atheists why you think it is that they dislike the effect religious folk's superstitions have had and still have today......

Irrationality and ignorance based on mysticism is always met with reason and rationality (or it should be). I'm not sure why you would expect anything different.

I was not being devious.

I made no reference to the goodness or badness of anti-Christian posters but you responded as if I did.

I am re-stating here that I didn't infer what you said, the inference was entirely yours.

edit on 12/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hawkins doesn't AFFIRM anything other than his THEORY!

I think you are confusing the word "affirm" with "confirm".

simultaneously ignore the links and citations that I've posted refute your claim.

Huh? How did I "ignore" them? I'm the one who pointed out you quoted a statement from 1977.

edit on 12-2-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
The creator created the universe, from the universe came many things including man, man created religion.

Man; created by God was given "freewill' to make individual choices so not entirely OUR fault; we are allowed to create any/all mistakes/perform as extraordinary beings (allowed to be geniuses) in the 3D OR rise above; grasp/ imitate (in the least hoax) the level that we think is Gods realm. We are very close to not only experiencing what it is to be God but actually BE GOD ITSELF. Caveat; "Do you really want to be ME, if you knew what I know now probably not"; in other words should have scrapped the experiment.
edit on 12-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I've cited FOUR different sources in this thread; an interview, articles discussing different "models" and a current and active ATS thread discussing this topic right now, that's loaded with more links, citations and math.

edit on 13-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Seems obvious. The type of gods parroted by religions don't exist.

edit on 13-2-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Because the "Word of God" was written by men obviously.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Not supposed to have happened; any of those now entrenched dogmatic religious formulations; (SO MANY) but man is egotistical and will/can/DID invent (create a material thing called "belief system") IN SPITE OF GOD not showing up; explain what it cannot see spiritually (cannot blame the process or thinking). God is not hiding; its everywhere and yet no one can see its workings in progress.
edit on 15-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Not supposed to have happened; any of those now entrenched dogmatic religious formulations; (SO MANY) but man is egotistical and will/can/DID invent (create a material thing called "belief system") IN SPITE OF GOD not showing up; explain what it cannot see spiritually (cannot blame the process or thinking). God is not hiding; its everywhere and yet no one can see its workings in progress.

I don't necessarily disagree with you vethumanbieng (though I don't really know that you are correct either). Though, that is sounding a lot like pantheism, which is just a pc way of saying atheist IMO.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't necessarily disagree with you vethumanbieng (though I don't really know that you are correct either). Though, that is sounding a lot like pantheism, which is just a pc way of saying atheist IMO.

Well, there is the golden ratio of 1.6180339 that can be debated, also there IS NO polite way to say this; "God IS AN ATHEIST" (has a twisted sense of humor).
edit on 15-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
The creator created the universe, from the universe came many things including man, man created religion.

Man; created by God was given "freewill' to make individual choices so not entirely OUR fault; we are allowed to create any/all mistakes/perform as extraordinary beings (allowed to be geniuses) in the 3D OR rise above; grasp/ imitate (in the least hoax) the level that we think is Gods realm. We are very close to not only experiencing what it is to be God but actually BE GOD ITSELF. Caveat; "Do you really want to be ME, if you knew what I know now probably not"; in other words should have scrapped the experiment.

Actually, our freewill is dictated mostly by a disease. It is a literal disease recognized by science but cannot make anything of it but assume it's a harmless part of evolution.

This disease is everywhere in creation. It is virtually god.

But this god is evil, obviously, but most religious people worship him. The Abrahamic religions worship him.

This god seeks to change the world for worse.

But my Mother seeks to restore the world to what it was before this male(volent) false god corrupted it.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I am a prophet that is hear to tell you that God and Lucifer are now friends again. Their only rule is that you do not harm others unless they are a harm to you or someone else justly. The Bible is not a good representation of what God is about. The Bible contains punishment and judgement that is way evil. Whoever wrote the Bible misrepresented God. I believe in God, but have only one skepticism - is God a consciousness. The fact that so many people are following God's morality displays that we can sense there is some kind of entity that is out there that we call God and in other countries it is called Allah. But the Bible and the Quran are misrepresentations of the same entity. It wasn't a waste of time though, because it took some time to develop the right reaction to God's will. One of the ways to find God in the new age, is the separate yourself from ownership of any physical properties that were created by your body while your consciousness was suppressed. The balance of God and Lucifer can not be thought of as opposite poles, but as a symbolism that gives us the illusion that our previous actions were forgotten. I have proof that God still does magickal procurements. I wrote explanations of a subject on papers and kept it in my wallet and then one day I found a paper that talks about the Word. This is consistent with the fact that the Bible was a magickal procurement.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JustinCase417714

Hooray

It must be true because it is in big letters.
All hail the new Prophet Justincase, hopefully an actual prophet not like the last 87 we have had on ATS.
Oh and the way he spells Magical only prophets do it like that you know.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: JustinCase417714
Hooray

It must be true because it is in big letters.
All hail the new Prophet Justincase, hopefully an actual prophet not like the last 87 we have had on ATS.
Oh and the way he spells Magical only prophets do it like that you know.

[size=20 to 120 power] NO! . Probably trademarked (A. Crowley); use term/spelling with caution.
edit on 10-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
God and Lucifer are handshake pals; why is a reunion necessary?
edit on 10-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join