It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE NEWS! Astonishing Photo of a Newly Discovered Alien Seed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

The Express may be a legitimate source, but they should have at least made some mention of Milton and Wickramasinghe's record of making sensationalist claims without having done their due diligence to back up those claims, and Dr. Wickramasinghe's tendancy to avoid independent peer reviews.

Those things in themselves do not make this claim necessarily false, but it would cast some doubt on the scientific methodology used, considering Wickramasinghe's methodology is often lacking.

The writer and editor of this article ignoring these aspects of Milton and Wickramasinghe's past track record (without at least a mention) does not say too much about the Express as a whole. I mean, there is nothing at all in this article that tells me what Wickramasinghe and/or Milton did to verify that these objects are NOT terrestrial in origin.

Knowing the reputations of Wickramasinghe and Milton, It would not surprise me if they didn't do their due diligence in verifying that these objects are NOT terrestrial in origin, either.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Indeedy, but as I did say, they love to hype a good story and have their go-to science hacks to fill column inches.

I was just responding to the multitude of peeps who seem to think the express is some hoax website. A little legwork before opening one's mouth would have saved them some embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: SpaceOverlord

"Is the Express a legit source"?

Perhaps one should read the thread? It has been covered. It's a major newspaper in the UK, one prone to exaggerate, but a big one none the less. They do like to use dodgy scientists with equally dodgy reputations to run sensationalist stories like this one or especially to our with the weather, so always bear that in mind.

It's still better than the Daily Mail though!

Yeah, it looked pretty dodgy. The main thing I was asking was if there was some other source saying the same thing that was more credible, but clearly there isn't. I guess this one's a bust

<< 1  2  3   >>

join