It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English speaking military found serving among Ukranian troops in Mariupol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Armed people in uniform speaking fluent English with no accent, were spotted working alongside Ukrainian troops in the aftermath of the rocket attacks in Mariupol.

Foreign private military contractors are suspected.

---

Military-clad English-speakers caught on camera in Mariupol shelling aftermath
edit on 26-1-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No surprise here. Blackwater or whoever trained soldiers in my ancestors home. Love it....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stevenbond

What is it exactly that you love?

Seems this thread has been censored from the recent list.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

No...no it hasn't. I found it in the new threads list. It is a bit late in much of the US at the moment but it should get attention although its not a surprise. And its not the only thread on the subject.

And since "ad-visors" are in place, its not to big of a stretch to believe that we would have some boots on the ground if for nothing else than to provide security for the ad-visors.
edit on 1/26/2015 by DJMSN because: correction and addition

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Russian propaganda.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
What do they mean with no accent? Everyone has an accent. Americans have an American accent, Brits have many different accents, Aussies and Kiwis have accents etc. But maybe its true that there are "advisors' in the Ukraine or maybe foreign born Ukrainians are returning home to fight. Or maybe people there learn English very well.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Nothing strange about that, we had friends from Crimea and their English was so good, we didn't realise they were not English. Mhy son also works with a lady from Iran, again her English is perfect and so is tht of her family. Our language is spoken in so many unusual places and sometimes, better than many of us speak it.

It seems that anything the media can do to make Russia the bad guy in the Ukraine situation is being puloled out. I do wish bambam would butt out of europe and concentrate on his own country rather than meddling along with cam.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

None of this surprises me, US policy at work all over the world

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thank God we have RT here to present news that is pure fact and never has any shred of spin or agenda in their reporting.

I am a little surprised they didn't pick up on the guy's accent though.

I'm sure it was just an error though. Honest mistake.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Um...not much of a stretch really. I voice chat with Russians, Croatians, Bulgarians on a daily basis that speak fluent English. Some with less perceptible accents than others. Then they flip the language switch and go straight into their native tongue without much of an accent.

I'm not saying there are no native English speakers on the ground there, however fluent English is not an indicator of anything other than a good education.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

DJMSN: "No...no it hasn't. I found it in the new threads list."

I didn't say the 'New' threads list. This thread has indeed been censored from the 'recent' threads list.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's funny how people sound so defensive. Nobody is trying to vilify..

Everybody is saying no surprise.. but it is indeed news no?

That's what I'm doing, reporting some news..

It's showing that British or US intervention is happening in Mariupol, and that British or US have a strong self interest in what is going on over there for some reason.

---

Also anyone suggesting that native Ukrainian soldiers have chosen to speak English over there is ridiculous, especially considering that in one footage, one particular soldier has a much stronger accent than the other.

edit on 26-1-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Also anyone suggesting that native Ukrainian soldiers have chosen to speak English over there is ridiculous, especially considering that in one footage, one particular soldier has a much stronger accent than the other.

Well then your not going to like this...

Looks like they have decided to talk and learn English over there...guess it isn't as ridiculous as you think now is it?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

If you have one guy who has a very strong Ukrainian accent in English speaking to another who has no accent at all, while everybody else is speaking Ukrainian.. what does that tell you?

I guess you can come to whatever conclusions you want.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I worked with a bloke on a building site who could could speak Russian/ Estonian /Polish / English / German + one other i cannot remember , and that is not uncommon for East Europeans

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Defensive? Not really. I don't see any comments here that are defensive.

I'm incredibly amused by the inability, either willful or not, of people to discern accents in the videos the article contains though. It makes the article and some of the comments here all the more entertaining

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Wow you mean their are people other than Americans that can speak English

My father and his whole family came to America in the late 60's my dads English is horrible but his brothers who are older speak it clear and without a noticeable accent.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I would consider, "It's no surprise.." as being defensive, though it is indeed subtle. I understand psychology enough to recognize it.

It may not be a surprise, but it is news, I think.

---

Shamrock6: "I'm incredibly amused by the inability, either willful or not, of people to discern accents .."

Enlighten us..

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

If you have one guy who has a very strong Ukrainian accent while speaking to another who has no accent at all (in English), while *everybody else* is speaking *Ukrainian*.. what does that tell you?

I guess you can come to whatever conclusions you want.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join