It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we're just awareness then there's no free-will and slavery is perfectly OK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: uwascallywabbit

Nothing wrong with your posts. You accept emotions (for example "feeling griefed") as an important part of your experience to consider but I was referring to strict non-dualists who even say even emotions don't matter because they come and go and we are just pure consciousness experiencing everything (no free will).

Your perspective does not support letting others take advantage of you under the excuse of "all is one" or "all is just consciousness" those are the ones that concern me because that is a dangerous belief to have.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Not happy because your husband abuses you? Doesn't matter, you are just consciousness and consciousness is just Aware. Your emotions and will are not yours but just temporary energy -illusion

She should be consciously aware by then that should of went for the boring nice guys, or went to school so it would of been easier to control due to the fact she'd be wearing the pants. She consciously wanted to live on the edge right?

Some women don't know what they want really.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Being attached to your emotions is psychological slavery. Your emotions can be easily manipulated, as you can see by the present state of the World. Freedom comes with non-attachment. Real Freedom that cannot be manipulated.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Dettaching from emotions and allowing others to take advantage of you is also slavery.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Slavery for the body, yes. The body can be enslaved anytime, anywhere. There is no security, ever.

Thought can be manipulated. If you believe you are your thought's then you are very easily enslaved, psychologically.

People think that if they detach from their thought's and emotions there is nothing left, they are in a sense dead. But in actuality rather than some sort of death it is the beginning of life, to really live. Emptying the crazy content of consciousness is better than flooding it with the garbage we have now.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Slavery is still slavery rather psychologically or physically.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Slavery is still slavery rather psychologically or physically.

That's is what i have been saying. There is something beyond the psychological and physical which is untouchable. Absolute freedom that is eternal and uncorrupted and therefore out of the grasp of any tyrants and despots.

I could say it like this.......

I think, therefore i am (Wrong)
I am aware that i think, therefore i am (Correct)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

We are just consciousness and everything else is illusion, right?

Awareness is not separate from the illusion - the illusion cannot appear without 'experiencing'. 'Experiencing' is the non dual truth which gets split (separated) into 'an experiencer' and 'experienced'. Or another way of saying it would be - 'awareness' gets split into two, the one that is aware and something to be aware of.
Can any thing appear to have existence outside of 'experiencing'? Only when there is 'experiencing' can there appear to be 'someone' seeing/hearing 'something' - this that is happening now - in the immediacy. Nothing can appear to happen outside now because awareness is ever presently knowing/experiencing.
You cannot know the future - it can be anticipated now. You cannot know the past - it is remembered now. You are the knowing presence which knows all that appears now - or that is how it SEAMS.
If awareness seams, it seems to made a separate knower and a separate known. The separate knower then thinks it is a separate thing - apart from the whole - and that is when all illusionary separate things are born.
There have never been any things - there is just experiencing, which has never been divided.
It is words and ideas which made believe there is more than there is.

When there appears to be a knower separate from existence - the knower fears non existence and seeks for as much good stuff before it ceases to be. He/she tries to be something and is constantly up against other things.
The knower and the known are not two. Just like when dreaming, the dreamer and the dream are one.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What better philosophy is there for the beast to control humanity?

Both monism and dualism are equally naive. Both are devised so that one can avoid valuing the inherent originality and uniqueness of each and every thing. To reduce humans to "substance" or "stuff" in the monist fashion, or to value according to rudimentary dualistic concepts such as good and evil etc., is to miss out on the vast gradient of multiplicity and difference that we can see and observe everywhere.

In your dualistic terms, both dualism and monism are the philosophies the beast will use to control humanity.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Non duality (one without a second) is already what is, prior to any concept.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Your perspective does not support letting others take advantage of you under the excuse of "all is one" or "all is just consciousness" those are the ones that concern me because that is a dangerous belief to have.

I'm not quite certain how you come to the conclusion that any perceived "oneness" equates into a loss of individual free will.

From my perspective quite the opposite is true, and "we" are given many chances to express that will while here on a daily basis. You may very well reside within a system with certain "rules of operation", but that doesn't mean you are deprived of free will.

Take modern day open world video games a metaphor. All of the possible outcomes/paths are "predetermined" from the perspective of the game developer, however from the players point of view they made many choices that lead to an outcome unique unto themselves.

Another player/players will have a totally unique outcome. It's even possible groups of player/players may be privy to information currently unavailable to the mass of players and manipulate said players to their advantage, but that doesn't mean the players unaware of the "inner workings" of the system lack choice/free will.

By seeing through the "serpents ruse" you'll no longer reside under the illusion of separation: (and by no longer allowing it to influence your multitude of choices) you become free.

Your current archaic understanding of certain belief systems tell me you are still stuck within bondage.

Perhaps you're "here" for a reason. If you could no longer challenge your own mind, where then would you be?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Awareness is like a tree and all the rest are the leaves and fruit. They are born out of awareness, whilst the leaves and fruits are connected to the tree they form part of awareness and awareness is available. In a sense they are not illusionary only temporary. Those with awareness know its a shame to crush a rose, how? awareness knows. Those who are blind to awareness do not know and thus commits terrible acts. How one acts reveals if one knows, if one knows its via awareness. full stop,full circle.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Because one could realize the "unreality" of it all and still care, still love, still hate. Simply because one feels those things.

I don't see how realizing or believing in highly abstract facets of reality suddenly makes one a zombie, I don't see how it follows.

One can still play the game. Everything in the game still makes sense, in the context of the game.
It still matters, it matters to us in the moment, in being physical, in experiencing.

Leave the flesh and attain a higher dimensional incarnation? New game, new rules, new experiences, all in the context of this higher perspective. And according to most esoteric systems up and up we go until we reach what they in so many names call Nirvana. Godhead. The only way to find out for sure is to give it a chance.

Taking karma into account also gives certain meaning to our actions and behaviour.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

We are just consciousness and everything else is illusion, right? Then your feelings and opinions don't matter and it doesn't matter if people want to walk all over you and take advantage of you.

Not happy because your husband abuses you? Doesn't matter, you are just consciousness and consciousness is just Aware. Your emotions and will are not yours but just temporary energy -illusion.

The good news about philosophy is that it can have many different applications, and therefore, does not need to be pigeon holed...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Even Buddhism doesn't refer to everything as ''consciousness'' and it's ''consciousness'' teachings aren't as you described.

Exactly who believes the sort of ''consciousness'' only theory? There aren't any major religions saying that.

If you are referring to those buying into the 'Galactic federation of 'Light'' via certain websites or scientology then I shouldn't worry about it, they believe in the things they believe in because they want to, it isn't from a position of logic, ethics or true spirituality.

Humans are physical beings, if they are contemplating ''consciousness'' and ''awareness'' as concepts or philosophically, that is probably a good thing but being responsible for physical self and decisions is part of being human.
edit on 26-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"How can believing that your life doesn't matter make you happy?" Maybe some people like the "no / less responsibility" aspect that brings.. Just guessing.
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hmmm. Not sure how to respond to this without coming across as a d*ck, not my intention so here goes.

Who cares! I have found at my age that there are many fantastic experiences,emotions,situations etc. to be had in this world if you seek them out. Saying this or that dont matter, were all just this or that is kind of pointless. You get a good 80 years on this rock if your lucky, do the things that make you happy and forget the rest. Even if its something as simple as watching the birds

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

We are just consciousness and everything else is illusion, right? Then your feelings and opinions don't matter and it doesn't matter if people want to walk all over you and take advantage of you.

Not happy because your husband abuses you? Doesn't matter, you are just consciousness and consciousness is just Aware. Your emotions and will are not yours but just temporary energy -illusion.

Believe me, no one walks all over me...ever hear of fighting back?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

We are just consciousness …

Since nobody knows what consciousness is, the "just" is a little misleading … ;-)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

We are just consciousness …

Since nobody knows what consciousness is, the "just" is a little misleading … ;-)

So if we are consciousness then you can't know yourself and enlightenment would be an impossibility.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join