It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. East Coast braces for 'historic' blizzard on Monday

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
TH CLIMATE HAS CHANGED!

It's not a future thing anymore.
It's not a prediction of what's to come.
It is hereeeeeere....!

I live in Playa del Carmen, near Cancun in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico.
Before that, I was living in Belize.
Now, both these countries are on the Caribbean Sea...where the cruise ships go, you know, in winter, where the tourists from up North come to don bathing suits and sarongs and sip rum in the sun.

I ask people who have lived here longer than I: "Are these weather conditions normal for this area?"
"Oh sure...It's winter"...That's what the expats say, in total denial of what's really happening around us.
Yeah right; since when did tourists pay thousand$ to go on a cruise for a 'winter holiday' to a beach place where you have to wear a turtle neck, can't swim in the Caribbean because the seagrass has all been wrenched from the seabed and is now strewn all over the beach...which, itself has been eroded down to just a few feet of sand?

Because of what?...Turbulant weather conditions...that are caused by....CLIMATE CHANGE.

Well, it's 68 degrees today here in Playa del Carmen, instead of the normal 88....and yesterday, and the day before. There have been thick, dark, cumulus clouds enveloping the skies since longer than I can remember.
Even the mosquitos have gone into hibernation, thank heaven!

I just wonder about the economic impact of this. Sooner or later, cruise passengers are going to compare notes and find that their 'sun days', as compared to 'sunless days', were in the minority and they really didn't pack well for their cold trip to the Caribbean.
People are so slow to catch on to environmental changes...always justifying the current status in comparison to other bad weather records broken 30-50 years ago.

Well it all unfolds gradually. Ocean temperatures take a while to rise, so the effects of today could have been caused by the impact of the industrial inflation in the 1950's, for all we know.
Ever hear of the Frogs in a Pot syndrome?
Throw the frogs into a pot of boiling water and they'll jump out, pronto. Or...
Slowly boil the water in a pot where frogs are languishing and they all get fried and die, because 'they didn't see it coming'!

I'm in my mid sixties and I remember blue skies and sunshine...in England, all over the Mediterranean countries, in the Caribbean, in California, in New York, in India, in the Seychelles Islands, in Africa, in Brazil. I am a photographer and my photo archives are full of warm sunlight and blue skies.

No more, people!

THE CLIMATE HAS CHANGED.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Can I stay with you til spring?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LukeDAP

Can I stay with you til spring?

Sure!
I hope you don't mind the AC, though... we keep it on 24/7.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join