It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Organizer....anyone else like to organize?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I LOVE to organize. I can be a bit obsessive with it. I spent all morning redoing my closet. I had a purse organizer but I bought one purse too many recently and it collapsed. SO I had to redo everything. lol I also went through and got rid of what I wanted to put in the garage sale pile.

I like to organize much like a department store. I worked in retail for years so it's either embedded in my brain or it's my OCD kicking in. I can't put something away without it being in the right spot. Like a purple tank has to be in the tank top section and then it's own color area. LOL Even my sons closet is this way as well as his drawers. People tease me but about 10yrs ago people paid me to do this. I did it for a few friends and co workers and they told others who I then did it for and got paid. I"m looking at how to get a license for it. Of course you can't do anything now a days with some kind of certificate. Heck I can just them my house and kitchen and how anally organized everything is. I had to stop myself from alphabetizing my DVDS! They are separated by genre though. lol

This is what I did today.

The bottom pics are my closet. It takes up one wall. There is a small wall in between either side. I have a stand up jewelry box I keep there.

I see organizing as a puzzle. My brain works in a weird way. When I see a mess my mind goes a mile a minute on how to put it back together. That show hoarders OMG it kills me. I want to just clean EVERYTHING and organize the hell out of those places!

edit on 1/25/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/25/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Very nice!!

I truly wish I had an organizer. The material chaos I live with has gotten to the point that it's daunting. I don't even know where to begin. Work, business and my personal stuff is so jumbled together with piles of stuff that I don't even recognize any more.

You could make a pile of money as a consultant for the terminally messy! I would pay plenty to have someone do it for me!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The first thing I thought was all of those shoes and not one Odor-Eater!!!

LOL.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My advice would be to "use your weird". Go pro or go home as they say. Work for free or cheap for a few celebrities. Record their endorsement of your work with permission to use those endorsements. Profit and feed your obsession/talent. That is how Kim Kardashian started out if my recall is functioning within expected parameters.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow, that is a lot of shoes.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Being organized is a learned behavior. I learned how to organize from my mother growing up.

I have to be organized or it frustrates the hell out of me! My wife is the complete opposite. I can organize kitchen drawers so everything is convenient to find, but as soon as my wife starts putting things away, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack at times. I just finished organizing her closet because she got tired of searching for her clothes.

Those hanging accordion like shoe and shelf organizers for closets really are a great way to gain extra space in a closet.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I re-organize my nuts when they swing around backwards. Does that count?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Very nice!!

I truly wish I had an organizer. The material chaos I live with has gotten to the point that it's daunting. I don't even know where to begin. Work, business and my personal stuff is so jumbled together with piles of stuff that I don't even recognize any more.

You could make a pile of money as a consultant for the terminally messy! I would pay plenty to have someone do it for me!!!

I use to do it for friends and other by word of mouth. It was a nice side job and it paid well!! I am looking at what is required in my state and so far you need a certification. Typical!! Back in the day you could just do it now you gotta pay for some piece of paper that says you can organize. Hello all they need to do is see my house and talk to my friends. lol I"ve always been teased about my obsessive ways with organizing. HELL even my tupperware is organized, very neatly too.

If I lived by I'd be happy to help you!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatisurproblem

The first thing I thought was all of those shoes and not one Odor-Eater!!!

LOL.

HAHA nope none of them stink. I dont wear them all the time so they don't get sweaty. Also baby power in heels before you go out helps
I love my shoes and this isn't even half of what i use to have. Hey I worked in retail for many years and I LOVE second hand stores. I found most of my heel second hand and they are vintage from the 60s-80s so they were cheap! lol

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
My advice would be to "use your weird". Go pro or go home as they say. Work for free or cheap for a few celebrities. Record their endorsement of your work with permission to use those endorsements. Profit and feed your obsession/talent. That is how Kim Kardashian started out if my recall is functioning within expected parameters.

I would actually love this as a job. It's like a puzzle and I MUST finish it. Everyone I've ever done this for was amazed at how once I organized everything they too could keep it organized. My brain works in an organized puzzle piece manner. It's a bit weird but it is helpful in so many things.

Where I live there are no celebs lol just a lot of rich people so that helps!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Wow, that is a lot of shoes.

Oh that is nothing Rickymouse!! This is half of what I use to have. I worked retail and I'm shoe obsessed, I have been since I was a little girl. lol Shoes make the outfit!

I always thought designing shoes would be great but the fashion business is so cut throat that I couldn't' be in it. I have always loved fashion but the fashion world I would not fit in. I wouldn't be able to conform to their ways.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Being organized is a learned behavior. I learned how to organize from my mother growing up.

My mom was very clean but no way near as organized as I am, she even teases me. I was like this as a kid. I shared a rooms with my twin sister and my side was all in place and hers was a mess. It drove me nuts!! LOL I liked the closet organized and she would mess it up. Drove me insane!

I did work retail for many years so that did contribute. All those years of organizing by style and color lol the only thing that drives me nuts literally is that my hangers dont all match!! Yes that bothers me!

I have to be organized or it frustrates the hell out of me! My wife is the complete opposite. I can organize kitchen drawers so everything is convenient to find, but as soon as my wife starts putting things away, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack at times. I just finished organizing her closet because she got tired of searching for her clothes.

OMG this is my soon to be ex husband. ONE big reason we are getting divorced. I have everything so organized i can literally sit on the couch and tell you where ANYTHING is. You just open a cabinet and can see how neat everything is put together. He never cared and just put it where he wanted. It drove me insane. I like organization, that way I know where something is when I want it and I can go get it. Heck even all of my jewelry is organized lol My books are organized on the bookshelves by genre. Iol I really like organization!

Wow you did her closet?! That is awesome! I did my husbands and it took him literally one day to screw it up. He said he didn't care. I was like well ok then.

Those hanging accordion like shoe and shelf organizers for closets really are a great way to gain extra space in a closet.

Yes yes yes! I love them. I had one that i had my purses on but it collapsed when I got my last hand bag. I laughed so hard because I was like ok I have too many. Well now I have them in the bin in the picture. They are organized by color and oversized bags go in the bottom drawer or I hang them with pants hangers. I have another one of these 3 drawer organizers and it's going in my sons room for toys.

I swear whoever designed my closet was a moron. lol NO women anyway would put those rack shelving pieces in. Heels do not sit on them. I have to measure the shelf and then go to Lowes and get that hard plastic carpet runner stuff and put it on the shelf because all my heels fall through and it looks messy. Drives me nuts lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I need you in my life, you have no idea. I am the OPPOSITE of organized. Except at school, oddly enough I'm fairly decent there. As for home, nope. Things never have a special place and when they do, they never find their way back to that spot. Perils of having a husband and son, I know.

I'd pay you $$$$ to help, for sure. Absolutely pursue the licensure thingy and make money, honey!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: smyleegrl
I need you in my life, you have no idea. I am the OPPOSITE of organized. Except at school, oddly enough I'm fairly decent there. As for home, nope. Things never have a special place and when they do, they never find their way back to that spot. Perils of having a husband and son, I know.

I'd pay you $$$$ to help, for sure. Absolutely pursue the licensure thingy and make money, honey!

I love it! I have always been this way. I joke and say I put my OCD to good use. A friend of mine told me how she started her business so I"m going to do the same thing. I will also do some friends places for free of course so I have a portfolio to show them. It would be great because now that I will be a single mom basically I need to make my own hours!! Plus I like working alone!

I would love to help you and I wouldn't take your money

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

LOL, you'd take my money once you saw my house!

new topics

top topics

join