It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Spirit – The most powerful force in the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: backcase

So you do not deny the idea of God, just YHWH?

I do not believe in the existence of gods/goddesses/deities/divinity. All of which are human concepts.

The human conscience is enough evidence that the law is written in our hearts and that violation to the true Law is sin.

As you wish, but as far as I'm concerned, sin, like deity, is strictly a human concept.

So it would not be a sin for me to ride over your child because your child is nothing more than a by product of evolution? I don't know if you have children, but it would seem to me that if I did such a thing, that would be sinful, but since there is no evil, then there is no evil in sex trafficking of children.

Is that how you would have us believe?

Sin is a religious concept. It means an offense against God. Evil is also a religious concept. Do you understand that? It is possible to cause harm or do something that society considers to be abhorrent without referring to it as sin or evil. Do you understand that?

Sin is an offense against a person, because it is a person you harm by doing things to them. That's what the Law of Moses is about, not because you hurt God, but the punishment for harming others.

When you harm another, you harm God. That's why murder is a sin, because you took the life of a person created in the image of God, denied their humanity and felt that their life was not valuable or has any worth, to satisfy the inward hatred of another's humanity.

Remember the world that those early Jews were living in, it was harsh and every nation around were not so nice. Moses recognized the need for a system of laws for a group of people who were now living together as a nation. That's how the Jews perceive it, they are a nation, therefore they need laws.

There's not an iota of historical evidence proving that Moses ever existed and not an iota of testable evidence proving that God exists. Sin does not exist outside of a religious context any more than Moses and God exist outside of a religious context.

Keep telling yourself that, I'm sorry that you can't seem to grasp that history happened.

By your logic then prove to me Solon and Socrates lived. If no one existed prior to the 1st century, there is no iota to give me reason to believe those ancient philosophers did either.

If you tell me Plato lived because we have his writings of The Republic I can say that we don't have the original manuscripts because what we have now was transcribed much later. So, using your logic, Plato didn't exist, a bunch of people saying he lived doesn't make it true, because you know, followers are not good enough sources to prove existence of anyone.

Yep, your logic makes sense, Solon, Socrates, Plato, none of them existed.

The difference is that I didn't claim they existed. You have claimed that Moses and God existed. Therefore, the onus on you is to prove your claim. You can't. End of story.

Yes, and so what?

Do you just cruise around looking for threads where you can say "Oh look....onus to prove, burden of proof". Yes, God exists and you are proof of His existence.

No. It just seems that every thread where I find you posting elicits that response from me. If you think my existence is proof that God exists, you need to go back to school and take a class in basic science and a class in basic logic.

WHY are you so interested in knowing whether God exists or not? Is there some cosmic unbalance in your life that you NEED to know whether or not God exists?

You think about God enough to keep questioning God, therefore, some divine being must exist for it to keep leaping from the screen that I read from you.

But here's the deal, nothing that exists can ever be known. Nothing that exists even has a name, word, thought, idea, concept attached to it. The mere fact you type the word God because God is something you heard of, means that God exists, because nothing has nothing attached.

Flying Spaghetti Monster can exist in concept, but you have to think abstractly to understand. But you aren't thinking abstractly, nor are you thinking concretely and you keep the thought and concept alive within your own understanding of what you feel God is, you have an idea that you think about God, enough to keep posting it.

Therefore, as you think, you are. As you think of God, God is. Your conscience manifests God enough for you to type the keys, no matter if you consciously say you don't believe in God, subconsciously you do. Nothing is nothing, so if it is in your subconscience enough to manifest into conscious thought enough to challenge it, you can't challenge nothing because nothing is nothing.

God exists and you are proof.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Maybe, but today those things are more like tourism dollars....

I dont understand what you mean.

edit on 25-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

WHY are you so interested in knowing whether God exists or not? Is there some cosmic unbalance in your life that you NEED to know whether or not God exists?

I'm only interested in getting you to distinguish between belief and fact. Barring that, I enjoy pointing out to others that are are unable to make that distinction.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Maybe, but today those things are more like tourism dollars....

I dont understand what you mean.

Yellowstone will blow eventually, but people keep paying a lot of money to go see the geyser that might destroy North America one day.

When the volcano in Iceland was active, it prevented a lot of flights but people still wanted to go see it. Just like today, all those places that have active volcanoes, there are tours available to go see this.

Somehow it is part of the human nature for a lot of people to want to see disasters. I don't understand it myself, but why are people attracted to the train wrecks and want to go see the floods? I can understand if a person has relatives that are directly affected by it, but if you notice, when a natural disaster happens, the media keeps people so focused on it, the ratings actually go high.

Disasters and death always equate to money, I don't understand it but it happens.

To give an example, the earthquake in San Francisco 1906, they said the death toll, but also how much it cost in property damage. It's like a point they must make. When you hear a newscaster say "250 people died, but the property damage was $25,000,000". Why make the money part seem more important than the cost of humans lives?

edit on 1/26/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It truly is an incredible thing and I agree with that. I love how there is often so much knowledge and respect among members of the community who are on all walks of life, and I feel strongly like it is a family.

Thank you for such a lovely post, and I apologize for the many questions. I am just genuinely interested and have genuine chosen for making the truth that God has given me to know known.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So you do not deny the idea of God, just YHWH?

I do not believe in the existence of gods/goddesses/deities/divinity. All of which are human concepts.

The human conscience is enough evidence that the law is written in our hearts and that violation to the true Law is sin.

As you wish, but as far as I'm concerned, sin, like deity, is strictly a human concept.

So it would not be a sin for me to ride over your child because your child is nothing more than a by product of evolution? I don't know if you have children, but it would seem to me that if I did such a thing, that would be sinful, but since there is no evil, then there is no evil in sex trafficking of children.

Is that how you would have us believe?

Sin is a religious concept. It means an offense against God. Evil is also a religious concept. Do you understand that? It is possible to cause harm or do something that society considers to be abhorrent without referring to it as sin or evil. Do you understand that?

Sin is an offense against a person, because it is a person you harm by doing things to them. That's what the Law of Moses is about, not because you hurt God, but the punishment for harming others.

When you harm another, you harm God. That's why murder is a sin, because you took the life of a person created in the image of God, denied their humanity and felt that their life was not valuable or has any worth, to satisfy the inward hatred of another's humanity.

Remember the world that those early Jews were living in, it was harsh and every nation around were not so nice. Moses recognized the need for a system of laws for a group of people who were now living together as a nation. That's how the Jews perceive it, they are a nation, therefore they need laws.

There's not an iota of historical evidence proving that Moses ever existed and not an iota of testable evidence proving that God exists. Sin does not exist outside of a religious context any more than Moses and God exist outside of a religious context.

Keep telling yourself that, I'm sorry that you can't seem to grasp that history happened.

By your logic then prove to me Solon and Socrates lived. If no one existed prior to the 1st century, there is no iota to give me reason to believe those ancient philosophers did either.

If you tell me Plato lived because we have his writings of The Republic I can say that we don't have the original manuscripts because what we have now was transcribed much later. So, using your logic, Plato didn't exist, a bunch of people saying he lived doesn't make it true, because you know, followers are not good enough sources to prove existence of anyone.

Yep, your logic makes sense, Solon, Socrates, Plato, none of them existed.

The difference is that I didn't claim they existed. You have claimed that Moses and God existed. Therefore, the onus on you is to prove your claim. You can't. End of story.

Yes, and so what?

Do you just cruise around looking for threads where you can say "Oh look....onus to prove, burden of proof". Yes, God exists and you are proof of His existence.

No. It just seems that every thread where I find you posting elicits that response from me. If you think my existence is proof that God exists, you need to go back to school and take a class in basic science and a class in basic logic.

You think about God enough to keep questioning God, therefore, some divine being must exist for it to keep leaping from the screen that I read from you.

But here's the deal, nothing that exists can ever be known. Nothing that exists even has a name, word, thought, idea, concept attached to it. The mere fact you type the word God because God is something you heard of, means that God exists, because nothing has nothing attached.

Flying Spaghetti Monster can exist in concept, but you have to think abstractly to understand. But you aren't thinking abstractly, nor are you thinking concretely and you keep the thought and concept alive within your own understanding of what you feel God is, you have an idea that you think about God, enough to keep posting it.

Therefore, as you think, you are. As you think of God, God is. Your conscience manifests God enough for you to type the keys, no matter if you consciously say you don't believe in God, subconsciously you do. Nothing is nothing, so if it is in your subconscience enough to manifest into conscious thought enough to challenge it, you can't challenge nothing because nothing is nothing.

God exists and you are proof.

What I'm interested in is getting people to distinguish between belief and fact. If you think my existence proves that God exists, you need to return to school and take basic courses in science and logic. As much as you would like your beliefs to be fact, they are not.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Ah ok, well I think you misunderstood my meaning.
I place those forces of nature to be the most powerful forces in the world.
Humans didn't create gravity, nor did we make the tectonic plates, the elements of this earth, nor the mountains and we didn't give life in the seas.
I was contesting the OP and instead stating that human spirit IS NOT the most powerful force in this world (the actual OP) far from it, and its human vanity by the OP to even suggest it.

Your tourism link is reallllly off the mark to my thoughts, sorry

edit on 26-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join