It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Annee

Big brother does not know jack squat about LOVE.

What does Love have to do with a legal contract?

Exactly

Why should the gov. be involved in a matter of the heart.

They should only govern over civil contracts not marriages.

As always you try to twist my meaning.

Love in the union of marriage is a modern concept.

Legal marriage has always been about the contract.

I don't live in Fantasyland.

edit on 30-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes love and marriage is a concept that the country was founded on.

However both were recently hijacked by cesear.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What world do you live in?

I live in the real one.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I live in the real one.

Well, I live in the real world too. And I know that in the real world, the only kind of love that is considered "productive" and "healthy" is that of a non-related adult male and female. I could even cite scientific facts which prove this to be correct, but I doubt it would matter. I could even point out that the Chief of Psychiatry at John Hopkins even claimed that transgenders suffer from a mental disorder.

If an individual in the "real world" does not agree with the progressive left on this subject, they are attacked for not being "tolerant".

It is like watching perpetual stupidity. Listening to the progressive left can be dangerous, as they use vomitrocious logic which gives normal and sane people a reflexive urge to hurl.
edit on 31-1-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

I live in the real one.

I could even point out that the Chief of Psychiatry at John Hopkins even claimed that transgenders suffer from a mental disorder.

Oh yes. I am fully aware of Dr. McHugh.

Dr. McHugh is proud of the fact that he shut down the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins. Then again, he admitted in an article in American Scholar (“Psychiatric Misadventures”, Autumn 1992, as reprinted on the website of Lock Haven University) that he came to that institution with the intention of ending sex-change surgeries. When one has an agenda, studies can be designed with bias and the results interpreted with bias. So even when Dr. John Money, certainly no supporter of nature over nurture, argued that another colleague had grossly distorted results to reach the conclusion that the GIC should be terminated (and many outside peer reviews agreed with Money), Money was overruled.

Dr. McHugh touts the 2011 Karolinska Institute study as affirmation of his early position. Upon review of this study, significant problems with it are obvious to someone who understands the transsexual population. The sex-reassigned persons are compared to a control group of individuals who had no history of gender variation. Historically, the study group faces far greater discrimination, experiences far more violence against them, tend to be underemployed and underinsured, are far more likely to encounter negative prejudice when attempting to establish a meaningful and lasting personal relationship, and are often ostracized by their own families and support structures like the church. Therefore, it is no surprise that their outcomes will not compare favorably with a control group that generally does not face that same onslaught of obstacles. ts4jc.wordpress.com...

Paul McHugh Defames Transsexual Women: Paul McHugh (the Vatican's advisor on sexual matters and an avid J. Michael Bailey supporter) monstrously defamed and ridiculed transsexual women in a Catholic magazine article in 2004. As a member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences and of G. W. Bush's President's Council on Bioethics, McHugh had by then gained considerable clout in scientific circles - and exploited that clout to pathologize transitioned women, especially by promoting the publication of J. Michael Bailey's transphobic book. Since that time, major Catholic media have often cited McHugh's article - in an escalation of trans-bashing by the Catholic hierarchy, as evidenced in the notes further below. For more on McHugh's defamation of trans women, see also Andrea James' Webpage about McHugh and Monica Roberts essay "Why Is The Catholic Church Hatin' On Transpeople?"

In November 2004, psychiatrist Paul McHugh (the Vatican's advisor on sexual matters) came out openly and stated his "scientific" position on "sex changes". The article is full of the usual BBL ideology regarding transsexualism, most of which (as you can see in this article) goes directly all the way back to McHugh and his colleague Jon Meyer at Johns Hopkins in the 1970's. The article is entitled "Surgical Sex", and it can be found at the following Catholic Church website:

www.firstthings.com...

This article is the latest in a long series of attacks on "sex changes" by McHugh, going all the way back to his personality conflicts and confrontations with John Money at Johns Hopkins in the 70's, with McHugh personally being responsible for closing down the gender clinic there. For more of the historical background on McHugh, see Andrea James' page "Paul McHugh on Transsexualism"
ai.eecs.umich.edu...

edit on 31-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join