It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hate Lable and Common-law Partners, and issue of Reverse Prejudice and Discrimination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You and I might think that, but I've been called hateful for telling others that I don't find pictures of homosexual erotica sexy or hot.

I just don't and can't find them hot or sexy. I understand that others do, but I don't. And when I expressed that opinion, I was called a hater.

You cannot register disapproval for anything connected to gay rights without being labeled hateful whether what you said was hateful or not. I'm sure you've seen it here even.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FlyersFan
And when I expressed that opinion, I was called a hater.

Welcome to the world. What do you want? You want to be allowed to express your opinion against someone with the guarantee that no one is going to say anything negative or call you a word? Really?

You cannot register disapproval for anything connected to gay rights without being labeled hateful whether what you said was hateful or not.

You also cannot register disapproval for whites, blacks, Jews, atheists, religious people, cops, the military, the US, men or women, without being called a hater by SOMEONE. There's nothing special about registering disapproval of gay people.

You guys want to make it look like expressing something about gay people is a "special" situation and it's not. You'll get called names for just about ANY opinion you have.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sorry I couldn't answer you right away as I have been working some crazy hours and sleep was more important than the internet.

yes it happened.

yes gay marriage is legal in our state and common law partners are legal too.

It was not on an internet site it was in a group meeting.

I did not in anyway express hatred or an attitude about not liking it. I followed a Gay person saying the same thing all the gays at the group meeting said I was being hateful for saying what I said. then the other straights pointed out that it was exactly the same as the Gay person expressed. But they all stuck to their hate claim. the straights thought it pretty strange. So I thought I would share it here.

edit on 25-1-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thanks for your response. I can't speak to what happened in your meeting, but I wouldn't worry too much about being called a hater. It happens to me, too. It's just words.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Just because someone disagrees or doesn't hold the same view about something doesn't make them a hater

edit on 1-2-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Just because someone disagrees or doesn't hold the same view about something doesn't make them a hater

Is this supposed to be a response to me? I have no disagreement with what you said here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join